Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239310 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1005 on: August 14, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »

I'm going to have to break down and buy myself some proper motorcycle boots.  When I first started riding I bought a pair of trail boots (sneaker/hiking boot crossover) because I didn't want to drop a bunch of cash on something I wasn't sure I would stick with long term.  They have broken down enough now that I should replace them, because they can't do the job of protecting my ankles like they used to (not stiff enough).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1006 on: August 14, 2014, 06:43:26 pm »

I hate the brightly coloured athletic/Tennis/Whatever shoes as well.

Oh god what is up with that. Can that fashion please be over now?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1007 on: August 15, 2014, 01:02:28 am »

Plain grey New Balances purchased. Already feeling better.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1008 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:15 am »

New Balance is my comfort shoe of choice.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1009 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

Mine too, but even they do those garish colors now. The best I can do is gray with hot pink.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1010 on: August 15, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

They Still make them in white.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1011 on: August 15, 2014, 02:18:18 pm »

I started retiring my running shoes to daily walkers after about 250 miles and that's been working out pretty well*.

I think I've got like 600 miles on my current pair, and my pinkie toes show through the sides where they've worn a hole.  I just might take the afternoon off and go get a new pair of Brookses.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1012 on: August 15, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »

They Still make them in white.

Maybe for guys. Or maybe I am shopping at the wrong store. When we lived in the Boston area a zillion years ago we shopped at their factory outlet, so we were spoiled.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1013 on: August 15, 2014, 06:38:52 pm »

My experience with New Balances is that each store only has a few kinds/colors, for some reason, even the New Balance store. Or, rather, limited selection of the "not crazy colors" varieties. Online there are much more attractive options.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1014 on: August 15, 2014, 11:02:20 pm »

Maybe for guys. Or maybe I am shopping at the wrong store. When we lived in the Boston area a zillion years ago we shopped at their factory outlet, so we were spoiled.

I buy my shoes at Academy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1015 on: August 19, 2014, 03:45:32 pm »

A really cute girl who works at the museum of modern art gave me a free ticket to get in. Then I went to see my friend play in Brooklyn and met up with lots of St Louis emigrants. Meeting my old roommate soon-- and my NYC-raised roommate (the one who went to wombat's high school) is supposed to get into town today. Maybe after I take the train back to Jersey, though.

The Museum of Modern Art has this one room with every painting I have ever heard of. It was cool because I didn't know what stuff they had there, so I kept walking around corners and seeing stuff that freaked me out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1016 on: August 19, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »

Did I know you had a roommate that went to my high school? I don't remember anything about this. Of course I don't remember anything about a lot of things.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1017 on: August 19, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »

Yeah, it came up somehow. My college roommate grew up in Brooklyn and went there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1018 on: August 22, 2014, 02:17:49 am »

These yankees don't know how to do anything. The screen in the windows only covers the bottom half of the window, so the bugs can just go over the top. None of the rooms have AC or even fans. What is wrong with these people. I tried to explain the screen thing to my roommates and they acted like it was crazy to expect to not have bugs flying around my room.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1019 on: August 22, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »

That is not normal. I have lived in the northeast all my life and I have never had bugs get in my window screens.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 94   Go Up