Yeah, I hope this is not a person's whole life, because that makes me feel a sad/snobby feeling that is a pretty bad combination.
Today I walked around the Metropolitan Museum of Art and confirmed my suspicion that art peaked with the Egyptians and has been mostly downhill since then. Really, Romans, you had to just keep making those orange vases? You encountered all the AWESOME art from Egypt and Babylon and decided to just keep making vases and mosaics? Some of the statues are cool, I'll give you that. There was also come really cool stuff in the American wing--
John Singer Sargent had some paintings that stopped me in my tracks. Sometimes I worry that I like what I'm "supposed" to like, so breezing through the European wing felt refreshingly adolescent and dismissive.
Then I went to a concert. It said "6pm to Midnight." In my dumb lil brain that meant the first band would go on at 6, so I got there at 6. And then sat at a corner table by myself until the band I wanted to see came on... at 10:30pm. Watched them for half an hour, then ran and caught the train home so I wouldn't have to catch the 1am train.
Pretty much everything I do in New York makes me feel like a kid. I find myself just watching people walk by and grinning. Hey, at least I don't stand in the middle of the sidewalk and look up.