Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239540 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1110 on: October 15, 2014, 02:19:24 am »

yes, that is another thing that is going on.

The thing that is weirdest to me is how, um, simplistic that particular feminine ideal is. Like, "busty and not fat = hot, blonde = extra hot, all else = boring/not hot." Where my criteria is mostly face-based. And how cute I think the face is increases a lot based on being nice and smart and talking to me. I got in a FIGHT with my roommate about how he thought the waitress at the restaurant (WHO WAS 20 AND HAD BRACES AND A CREEPY FAKE CUSTOMER SERVICE SMILE) was super hot because she was busty/fit/tall, and I liked the girl with curly hair in the corner who was playing board games. This type of guy gets MAD when you do not agree about who is ugly. What is wrong with people. Yes, we both have stupid involuntary preferences, they do not have to be the same ones.

I am doing an ongoing tinder experiment. This experiment is that I say "yes" to every single woman. Interesting results.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1111 on: October 17, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »

This experiment is that I say "yes" to every single woman. Interesting results.
You mean you've ever said, no?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1112 on: October 18, 2014, 07:37:20 pm »

I've been in Japan. Did I miss anything?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1113 on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:34 pm »

I lost a fight with the back of a Prius.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2014, 12:10:38 am »

Eeek! Are you OK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »

I originally read that as "lost a fight IN the back of a prius" and was a lot less concerned. This version sounds less fun.

Wombat, how was your trip? When you were gone everyone stopped posting.

My new thing is that instead of watching TV shows in between homework, I am trying to keep up with Duolingo a lot more. My new thing is Dutch. It is a cool language, mostly like an easier (and less useful) German. It is a lot more fun to start a new language than it is to keep grinding away at Spanish.

I think a lot about the weird availability of regionally specific knowledge in the internet age. Thanks to Duolingo there are random people in the US learning Dutch and Hungarian and Romanian, and thanks to sites like Forvo I can hear a native speaker pronounce practically any word. Whenever I read about old polymath types who could "speak 7 languages" I wonder how many of them would have actually been intelligible. Lately when I reflect on those claims what comes to mind is 14 year old Inev claiming he was learning Quenya, the elven language from Lord of the Rings. But this aspect of the internet is my blessing as a person who wants to read 10 articles of instructions before he tries anything. Although maybe this is only reinforcing bad habits.

Midterms this week and I need to start research for final papers, so the language learning is going to fall by the wayside. Also about to register for classes next semester, and it looks like it might be a tough one. Methods II (demographics and computer modeling), GIS (mapping), Historic Preservation Methods, and maybe a zoning law class. Reports indicate the first two are going to mean lots of long nights in the lab compiling census data.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1116 on: October 19, 2014, 09:12:24 pm »

Wombat, how was your trip? When you were gone everyone stopped posting.

Trip was too jam-packed for me to keep my figments active, apparently.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1117 on: October 20, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »

My new thing is that instead of watching TV shows in between homework, I am trying to keep up with Duolingo a lot more. My new thing is Dutch. It is a cool language, mostly like an easier (and less useful) German. It is a lot more fun to start a new language than it is to keep grinding away at Spanish.

I was doing really well at Duolingo Spanish for a while there, but then got out of the habit. I need to get back on that particular hoss (caballo).
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1118 on: October 21, 2014, 05:52:02 am »

I crossed some sort of mental threshold and am going completely stir-crazy all at once. Too much TV and schoolwork and duolingo, not enough talking to people I care about and seeing things in the world. Went on a pretty good date today, though, that was nice. And I think I aced my finance midterm, I was the second person done. Or else I missed a page somewhere...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1119 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

Eeek! Are you OK?
Mostly


Broken hand, lacerated elbow and big toe.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1120 on: October 21, 2014, 09:27:28 pm »

...,
GIS (mapping),
You just uttered the Summon Somebody nice spell
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1121 on: October 21, 2014, 09:55:34 pm »

Mostly


Broken hand, lacerated elbow and big toe.

Dang, dude!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1122 on: October 22, 2014, 12:00:17 am »

Mostly


Broken hand, lacerated elbow and big toe.

Hey, don't do that anymore.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1123 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:47 pm »

If there's one thing I know, kids love to high 5.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1124 on: October 24, 2014, 01:49:07 am »

So fuckin' A people, be cool to each other if you can. Your little thing might be someone else's big thing.

So true.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 94   Go Up