The thai ostrich I prefer is less like turkey or chicken and more like pork, IMO. I guess it would be gamey if it wasn't so wonderfully marinated in a nutty/spicy sauce.
My crew went through a phase where we would raise all sorts of birds, then rabbits and other small fur balls. I am a product of the suburbs so it was a fun experiment to learn from my more rural friends how to process various beasts. Birds are a pain in the ass, but like Ash said, rabbits can be stripped of their good parts fairly quickly. This fad came to a head when these dudes started raising bees. I was fine with donald duck and bugs bunny, but I can't get behind the bee thing. I can't eat a bee, but bees can eat me. Eventually I realized I live in the first world and can just source my meats from D'artagnan or Dean and Deluca. Hell, I can order a damn bobcat from the aptly named Exoticmeatmarkets.com.
P.S. there is one holdout who still keeps bees. Apparently there is good money to be made renting out your bees.