Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240525 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1305 on: February 11, 2015, 07:35:59 pm »

On a slant to that, you know what I'm finding a rip? Sirius programming.

I enjoy Sirius every time they have a free trial period. But I never enjoy it enough to want to pay actual money for it. It's not like I lack for other stuff to listen to in the car.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1306 on: February 11, 2015, 07:40:22 pm »

And yet there were people going "Gaffigan, Oswalt, Silverman and CK were nominated, and WEIRD AL won this?!?" But I know Patton Oswalt tweeted that he was glad Weird Al won.
Can't imagine Louis CK giving a shit either way.

That is a whole lot of funny.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1307 on: February 12, 2015, 03:53:19 am »

Yeah, that's my feeling. I have nearly 30k songs on my iTunes playlist. I don't need Sirius, I've got my own, thanks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1308 on: February 12, 2015, 04:13:40 pm »

Although Spouse did get a little fluffed the time I left the car set up for ALL THE BLACK FLAG.

That is one cool thing about SiriusXM--you can set it up to alert you when an artist you like is playing on one of their stations.
That's also how I know that there's a trial period going on right now, when this morning on the drive in I got "TV On the Radio is playing now on SiriusXMU."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1309 on: February 12, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

Thing I would like to post on Facebook: "If you post links from Upworthy and similar sites, do me a favor: in your post, tell me what happens in the video. That'll save me some time."

Not sure that would be well-received, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1310 on: February 12, 2015, 07:23:17 pm »

Right, especially now that I can plug in an 16G USB drive of my own stuff.

I can do this now. Pretty impressive given the fact that my last car had a cassette player. Still, it would be nice if it could display the titles of the Japanese songs.  I know, the future is MAGIC and still we are NEVER SATISFIED.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1311 on: February 12, 2015, 08:05:28 pm »

Waking up to a flat tire is a great way to toss all your day's plans into the grinder.

I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by a 90 pound dog leaping into bed with me.  Mere moments before, said dog had had some sort of less than friendly encounter with a skunk, so the eye watering skunk funk  doggy-cuddled all over my bed (and face) propelled me right out of my peaceful slumber. 

Dragged his stinky butt down to the shower, which helped some, but not before he made sure we'd be enjoying Eau de Pepe (w/hints of turpentine, musk and burning tires) around the house for several days to come.  Just in time for the single-digit weather no less -- no open windows for us this week.  And the guys in the neighboring cubicles here at work are loving it too!

Luckily it happened early -- 5:30, so I was still able to get to work on time.  So I got that goin' for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1312 on: February 12, 2015, 08:30:43 pm »

Hey Dad!  Check out this dead thing we found in the yard!  We brought it in for you to see!  We even left some meat on it for you!

Dogs.  Gotta love 'em.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1313 on: February 12, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »

Man. The older I get, the less appealing having dogs or children or even a spouse sounds. Living alone in a little apartment and walking around in my boxers sounds so nice.

Lately I have been practicing my Spanish and feeling pretty good about it. I think I have learned most of the simple grammar that people use every day, and I have sat and listened to people speaking Spanish around me and understood most of it. Nice. There were a few verb things I hadn't learned yet that I finally cracked and now it's all falling into place. But I'm sure some new curveballs will pop up soon.

...which of course means I'm getting the itch to do another language, now. Not because I feel "done," but because I've been practicing enough for it to stop feeling fun. Wondering if instead of Dutch I should have done German. You know, a similar language but spoken by way more people. Although glancing over German stuff online, it doesn't seem to have any of the charming characteristics that Dutch has. Also, cases. And less pleasant sounding.

Looking at lists online of how many speakers different languages have, I wonder when Hindi is gonna catch on as the next trendy language to teach your kids. It also drove home just how useful Spanish is. Spoken as HELL.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1314 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:16 am »

OK, I complained a lot about that meeting with the career counselor about my resume, but

Quote
  • Developed and enforced station programming policy for a staff of over 100.
  • Revamped station review system, as well as record filing system.
  • Organized monthly music review board of a dozen students.
  • Maintained relationships with record label representatives.

looks and sounds so much better than the wishy washy stuff I had before about coordinating a staff of volunteers.

If nothing else it is making me feel good about this thing I have to turn in to see if I can get a TA position for next year or an increased scholarship.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1315 on: February 19, 2015, 06:17:39 am »

AW: Re: Skunk spray. Did you know that cats can do basically the same things? If feeling extremely threatened they can point shoot a potent smell of urea and fatty stank oils.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1316 on: February 19, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »

ACap what did you do to a cat??
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1317 on: February 19, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »

ACap what did you do to a cat??

Word!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1318 on: February 19, 2015, 08:35:00 pm »

Asleep style?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1319 on: February 19, 2015, 09:57:01 pm »

Education!  I was incredibly amused by my browser's enthusiastic "Pin It!" prompt on the illustration.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 94   Go Up