Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240634 times)

0 Members and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1320 on: February 20, 2015, 03:04:06 pm »

Hector: Mr. Hanna, what can I bring for you on this glorious afternoon?
Mark Hanna: Well, Hector here's the game plan. You're gonna bring us two Absolut martinis, you know how I like 'em, straight up.
[he gives Hector some money]
Mark Hanna: And then precisely in seven and one half minutes after that you're gonna bring us two more. And then two more after that every five minutes until one of us passes the fuck out.
[Jordan laughs]
Hector: Excellent strategy, sir.
Jordan Belfort: Oh, I'm...I'm good with water for now though. Thank you.
[to Hector]
Mark Hanna: It's his first day on Wall Street, give him time.



Yeah. It is a fuck you Friday. I waited in my director's office for 3 hours because he wanted to teach me a lesson about waiting for money. Fuck to the You.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1321 on: February 20, 2015, 04:59:19 pm »

"hey girl, do you have a windchill? Cuz you're 24, but you seem like a 10 to me..."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1322 on: February 20, 2015, 10:04:12 pm »

"hey girl, do you have a windchill? Cuz you're 24, but you seem like a 10 to me..."

She's the cause of global warming!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1323 on: March 11, 2015, 05:38:56 am »

I am really into this urban planning stuff, but damn if all my friends who studied computer science aren't up to their necks in money. Even the ones who majored in something else and then learned to code after graduation.

Related/unrelated, I am really enjoying my GIS (computer-aided mapping) class and apparently if you want to really use that software you need to learn basic coding stuff. So maybe I'll look into that.

A girl I had a crush on in college was on Letterman tonight. I'm looking for a video.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:50:27 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1324 on: March 11, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »


Related/unrelated, I am really enjoying my GIS (computer-aided mapping) class and apparently if you want to really use that software you need to learn basic coding stuff. So maybe I'll look into that.


Younger daughter is a Geography major (graduating in May!) focusing on GIS.  It's a cool, and we're told, a rapidly growing field.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1325 on: March 11, 2015, 06:31:35 pm »

Today I decided that since it's 60 out I should start my journey of getting back in biking shape. Since Jersey roads still terrify me, I figured I'd go through the park by my house. Today inev learned that when snow melts it turns into giant, muddy puddles and you can't see the potholes underneath. Narrowly escaped sprawling out face-down in the mud.

I guess I need to do laundry, because this was my last clean pair of #####.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1326 on: March 12, 2015, 01:45:59 am »



I spent all of last semester using Open Office, and this semester I was fed up and forked over the cash to get Excel. Come to find out, it's not the same! Different hotkeys! Weird missing functions! Ugh!


In Brooklyn on Sunday I saw a woman with a knuckle tattoo that said P I S S.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:40:33 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1327 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:52 am »

It is official as of today: there are 3 different people who I have called "stupid" out loud in their earshot who are going to Ivy League graduate programs. WTF. Meanwhile my old roommate, smartest guy ever, got rejected from every school he applied to but one.

(which is a very good school, but in a world where these morons are going to Harvard I expect better)

One of these people was described as a "pretentious illiterate" by a classmate, which is a really good insult.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1328 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1329 on: March 13, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

That didn't freak me out but I had to read it twice to make sure I followed it. That is a complicated tooth story.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1330 on: March 13, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »


(which is a very good school, but in a world where these morons are going to Harvard I expect better)


A lot of morons go to Harvard. They know someone, or they know how to look good on paper, or any number of reasons.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1331 on: March 14, 2015, 07:31:38 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1332 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:11 am »

I am drinking whiskey and watching people on Youtube play Hotline Miami because I am bad at this game. Even when not drinking. today I made pickled peppers and did laundry and grocery shopped. Spring Break is cool. A thing I need to work on is scheduling time off for myself. Because I am always half-distracted when doing work, I never feel like I worked enough, and so I always feel guilty when I relax. Not to say I don't relax, I relax possibly too much, but it always has this guilty edge. Working hard during set hours and relaxing during other hours seems ideal.

I have reached a procrastination equilibrium where everyone is impressed at how early I start our projects, but I still finish them the day they're due.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1333 on: March 15, 2015, 06:03:16 pm »

I have gotten really good at having hangovers. Ugh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1334 on: March 17, 2015, 05:34:04 am »

I did it. Spent an entire day in NYC without spending money on anything but the train. Brought a sandwich and thermos full of coffee and ate/drank in a park looking across the east river, wandered around Astoria Queens, took the subway down to Brooklyn and read in another park, then realized my old roommate lived nearby and walked to his place for dinner with him and his parents. I felt a little awkward about crashing their dinner, but they are sweet people and it was nice seeing them.

On the other hand, I tried to make plans with 4 different friends to do stuff this week and all 4 never got back to me. So the rest of spring break is gonna be school work and solo hangout time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 94   Go Up