Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a Mohawk  (Read 7119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« on: April 18, 2004, 07:28:11 pm »

Or, I wore my new glasses to work and nobody noticed.


My Mother looks on in disgust.  Where did I go wrong she asks herself.






This is the same woman who gave me the mullet


Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 07:53:49 pm »

Paul, you. are. rad.


I am not sure quite what else I can say about this besides that.  Congratulations though.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I got a Mohawk
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 08:03:58 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this


Since "this" is a 404 Not Found error, I have no problem with you posting it.

Chacun à son goût.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 08:06:21 pm »

So Paul, what do you do for a living?

And, as a corollary, what did your boss think of your new 'do?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I got a Mohawk
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 08:33:03 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this


Since "this" is a 404 Not Found error, I have no problem with you posting it.

Chacun à son goût.


Not anymore.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 08:49:31 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So Paul, what do you do for a living?

And, as a corollary, what did your boss think of your new 'do?


I do pipe design and drafting.

I work here.



My boss hasn't seen my new do yet.  I'll let you know tomorrow how she reacts.  Should I be concerned?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 09:51:30 pm »

You win.  

No way are my cornrows gonna even try to compete with that...

Congrats.  Looks awesome.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 10:36:20 pm »

The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.

If you work around customers and such, you may be required to cut it or lose your job.  Otherwise, I can't imagine problems with a hairdo like that.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 12:05:37 am »

Goddamn. RIP, Paul's mullet.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 12:17:31 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
You win.  

No way are my cornrows gonna even try to compete with that...

Congrats.  Looks awesome.


I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 01:32:41 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.


Wow. Well, I'm sure not getting involved. Finally I get to an equilibriun - short, but still purple.... Not about to fuck around with it.

Good to see the back of the mullet though Paul. Good work!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 01:57:05 am »

You could have had a Mohawk-Mullet! Long in the back, the Mohawk that keeps on giving down to your belt. That would be awesome!

I am going the other way and growing my hair out and working on a goatee, Ever since I read that clean-shaven and short hair was in this year.

Gotta be me.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 01:57:42 am »

Quote from: "jough"
The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.


However, often total shaveness totally blows - for example, my brother.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 02:00:49 am »

I'm sticking to what works for me.  Goatee plus 1/4 inch all over.  

I gotta go upstairs and fire up the clippers now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a Mohawk
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 02:25:46 am »

Quote from: "jough"
The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.


For me, this mohawk is a stepping stone to total shaveness.  But I disagree, the mohawk is much more hardcore than totally bald.  It's more imposing, not that i'm actually imposing in any way.  I just want to be a little different, see if I can get drug tested again.  Also, the bald look is much more common whereas the mohawk is rare and virtually non existant in my age group.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Goddamn. RIP, Paul's mullet.


I had to cut it so I could go back to making fun of them.

Quote from: "Andalucia"
I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.


That, my dear girl, is exactly the point.  But I think JL is right.  The only way you'll give me any competition is if one of you girls gets a Mr. T cut or one of the dudes goes for a Marge Simpson beehive.

I returned to the barber and traded my tradional Mohican for a punk mohawk.


Next week i'll return and have it trimmed short into a Travis Bickle mohawk.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up