See, for some reason, in North Carolina, people don't stop wearing shorts until it gets under 40. There's this whole weird phenomenon around here of sweatshirts-with-shorts that I find incredibly bizarre.
I, on the other hand, don't wear shorts unless it breaks 100. Even then, you're more likely to find me in a cotton skirt than a pair of shorts.
Actually, if it's above 90, you're more likely to find me in an air-conditioned house. But if I must go outside for any length of time -- July 4 fireworks celebrations, et cetera -- dollars to doughnuts I'm wearing a dress or skirt. It's nothing to do with my body image, either. I'll wear a skirt up to here if I'm in the mood. But shorts ride up terribly on me -- something about the way my body is put together, or something, I guess? And I just hate the way they feel on my thighs. Yuck, yuck, ick.
In the winter, I don't wear a coat unless I'm going to be outside for a while. I'd rather wear three layers than a coat. Bulk is not my thing.