I have a lot more money than that, and it has almost zero to do with anything I have done. All luck here, baby. I am trying to move towards a period of life where there are more things that I believe I have earned.
I am having one of those periodic times when I can't handle how stupidly my store is run. If we run out of a certain thing halfway through every week, THAT MEANS WE NEED TO ORDER MORE OF IT. Every time I have to tell someone we are out of the shit I need to make the expensive drink they are trying to buy, I feel like someone needs to be fuck*ng fired. But it might not be the guy who does the ordering, it might be someone higher up who gets mad when we have too much "backstock." Because I have heard that is a thing they care about for some asinine reason.
Also, they have things set up to encourage competition between departments. Which leads to insane bullshit like... the coffee department sells cookies, in competition with the bakery. Obviously there are some things where this is additive, but in other cases it seems like a zero sum game. Either way, it makes more sense for the bakery department to bake all the cookies, instead of me trying to bake them between coffee drinks? Right?
The third thing is that they changed our cup supplier, and now instead of all of the lids fitting all of the cups, we have 3 different sizes of lids for different sizes of cold cup (ie, the cups for soda or iced drinks). The biggest size does not have a hole in it. So whenever we open a new sleeve of those lids, I sit there with an exacto knife and cut holes in the lids one by one. This is a decision made from on high, so as far as I can tell no one hears our screams of rage, or the rage of our customers when they can't figure out which lid fits the cup they got.