I had a dream I was wandering aimlessly somewhere in they city. It was dark and I was riding my bike down suburban streets wet from rain, although it was not raining at that moment. The streetlights reflected off the road as I drove my bike along, and it was very quiet out. Then I noticed there was a riot going on a couple blocks from me - a crowd of angry people, some with smoldering torches - so I decided to go into a nearby small hair salon to avoid the hassle. Inside, Asian women worked on customers. I asked for a facial, and sat down to get it done. The esthetician tsk-tsked at me and told me that with the amount of black heads on my face it would be $300-$400 for her to get them all off. I said that was too bad, because I really wanted to be rid of them, then asked her how much it would be for just a basic mini-facial, and she said with my skin it would still be around $300. I said that unfortunately I couldn't afford that, then as I prepaired to go, I mentioned that there was a riot going on just down the street, and one of the other staff mentioned she new about this too. There was some speculation as to why the riot was going on, but no one was really sure. I felt pretty indifferent about both the fact I wasn't getting a facial and that I was about to head out into a riot, but I prepaired to leave anyway.
The overall emotional climate of the dream was that of ambivalence- I didn't care where I was going on my bike when I came upon the riot, I didn't feel any concern beyond mild frustration at the riot or the facial I could not afford. I was mildly frustrated upon leaving the salon that I would need to ride my bike through the riot, but only because all the people would slow me down a bit. It's not that I had anywhere to go.
This was a pretty unique dream for me, due both to the tone and content. Especially of note is that I had had a conversation with my husband earlier that evening about how healthy and soft my skin is these days, making it particularly odd that I would dream of having bad skin.