Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132519 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 05:55:52 am »

I dreamed last night that my sister and I were inner-tubing on a water slide, which oddly enough ran through a high-end shopping mall in one spot.  We had to run through ritzy department store in our swimsuits to get to the next leg of the waterslide, hauling our inner tubes with us.  We got to the top of a steep set of stairs that would take us to the water again, and since we'd been in inner-tubing mode we naturally flung down on our inner tubes and prepared to slide down the stairs.  My sister went first, and was "whee"ing down the staircase but suddenly she was flying through the air--the staircase only went halfway down, and ended about 25 feet above the floor below.  She hit the ground hard, and her body hitting the marble floor in the hole through the inner tube made a sickening cracking sound.  She started screaming--she had broken the lower end of her spine, at the top of the tailbone, and also her left arm, and was writhing in pain.  I was stuck at the top of the staircase and couldn't find a way down to her.  I woke up feeling physically ill.  I was glad to wake up.

Dang, I thought that was gonna be one of those cool dreams where you can fly and do all kind of super hero shit.  WTF, your sister broke her spine.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2010, 08:57:50 am »

I dreamed last night that my sister and I were inner-tubing on a water slide, which oddly enough ran through a high-end shopping mall in one spot.  We had to run through ritzy department store in our swimsuits to get to the next leg of the waterslide, hauling our inner tubes with us.  We got to the top of a steep set of stairs that would take us to the water again, and since we'd been in inner-tubing mode we naturally flung down on our inner tubes and prepared to slide down the stairs.  My sister went first, and was "whee"ing down the staircase but suddenly she was flying through the air--the staircase only went halfway down, and ended about 25 feet above the floor below.  She hit the ground hard, and her body hitting the marble floor in the hole through the inner tube made a sickening cracking sound.  She started screaming--she had broken the lower end of her spine, at the top of the tailbone, and also her left arm, and was writhing in pain.  I was stuck at the top of the staircase and couldn't find a way down to her.  I woke up feeling physically ill.  I was glad to wake up.

!!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2010, 09:09:54 pm »

Dang, I thought that was gonna be one of those cool dreams where you can fly and do all kind of super hero shit.  WTF, your sister broke her spine.

God, yeah, I know!  Just re-reading it, I'm tearing up!  She and I had dinner last night and she was fine, though.  I didn't tell her the dream I'd had that morning.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 09:41:32 pm »

it probably just means that you worried about her well-being in general, as opposed to being worried about her becoming injured or ill, specifically.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:17:13 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 02:58:21 am »

I only seem to remember my dreams when I wake up in the morning and then doze for a little while. They're always weirdly intense when I do that too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 06:56:46 pm »

plus it would just piss them off, their armor's too thick
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 08:15:51 pm »

Don't shoot a sasquatch, dammit! I don't care if it's in season, you need to bring it back alive.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2010, 09:31:43 pm »

Spouse woke me up asking if I was stroking out on her.

I had to read that three times before it wasn't dirty.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2010, 10:13:27 pm »

Come on, Ash, if anyone can do it, you can.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:13 pm »

...that I was at some sort of Pentecostal revival meeting, only it was all in Spanish.  Mi espanol es muy pequito, so it was confusing.  Then, a physically and developmentally teenager who I know from my church came walking(!) up to me, then suddenly lost his mobility again and I was obligated to help him into a standing position.  Then he divided twice, so I was helping support three of him.  I have this vague recollection of this being inconvenient because other people needed me to do things for them as well, and the armload o' cripples wasn't allowing me to do so, which made me so anxious that I woke up. 
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »

i used to be able to have lucid dreams, where i controlled the outcomes. as a result i had a ton of flying dreams, for years. i loved them. since i met the missus, i rarely remember a dream - maybe once or twice a year - and when i do, there's no outcome at all, just a bunch of random associations.
Here's my lucid dream story: I used to have like one a week, they were fun. Then I heard or read something about lucid dreams where someone said, if you can look at your hands in a dream, you are able to have lucid dreams. (Don't think the hands were necessarily significant, just that you could take a specific instruction into a dream.)

So I was dreaming, and I had the thought, hey, wasn't I supposed to do something? And I was like, oh yeah, look at my hands. And I did. And then I started clapping -- I think at that point I was showing off.

And then my lucid dreams stopped.

Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:07 am »

I dreamed that I got two more rescue pugs, and that was really too many pugs.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:08 am »

...and the armload o' cripples wasn't allowing me to do so... 

This.  Made my day.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 12:51:43 am »

Recurring nightmare from childhood:  

An unseen person is pursuing myself and one other cohort (this person changes) up flight upon flight of stairs in an abandoned, rundown building.  Wood stairs.  Wood stairs that creek and thud with every step.  If we are caught the pursuant will harm us horribly, in inspeakable ways I can't fathom.  It's a slow, plodding methodical pursuit on the pursuant's part.  For my cohort and I, it's impossible to climb the stairs silently.  In some versions of the dream, the stairs are actually so dilapidated in parts that they fall apart under our weight as we climb, slowing us down all the more, and still the pursuant continues with a steady, unstoppable pace, slowly gaining on us. We continue to climb and eventually leave the stairs for an abandoned room with only a bare mattress on a frame of springs.  We climb under the mattress knowing full well the pursuant heard us stop climbing and slip into this room.  We hide there, cowering, hearts pounding in our ears, every breath loud as thunder.  The pursuant enters the room, we see only feet and legs from our hiding spot.  The pursuant approaches.  The dread is palpable.  The pursuant pauses, right in front of the mattress.  I'm panicky with dread wondering: does the pursuant know we're here?  Our breathing is too loud!  Our hearts pounding so we can barely hear.  The springs creak ever so slightly.  At the moment the mattress is about to be torn off of us, I awake.

In another version, I awake at the moment the pursuant's hand clamps down on my shoulder.

The pursuant changes - most times I do not know who they are at all.  All I ever glimpsed was an ambiguous pair of male or female legs, while once it was a witch from a book I read in grade one.  I am always utterly terrified.  My cohort is always someone I care about and don't want to see hurt - my sister, a childhood friend, one time it was Michael Jackson, who I had a crush on when I was very young.  The dread and sense of doom is unbearable.  I can still recall it like it was yesterday.  I must have had that dream dozens of times, but only as a young child.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:03:40 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:30 am »

Here's my lucid dream story: I used to have like one a week, they were fun. Then I heard or read something about lucid dreams where someone said, if you can look at your hands in a dream, you are able to have lucid dreams. (Don't think the hands were necessarily significant, just that you could take a specific instruction into a dream.)


The "look at your hands" thing is from Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan books.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 59   Go Up