Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132863 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »

There is a reason that is my profile picture. That is basically my default expression -- general bemusement blended with mild disapproval.

Is your accent very Sheffield-y? I mean, Pedro was born and raised in Raleigh but his accent is not very Carolina-y. When I think Sheffield, I think Jeff from Coupling, but he may be a bit extreme (in nearly every sense of the word). If that's what you sound like, though, I would be less likely to find it hilarious, and more likely to faint from the rapid flow of blood away from my brain.

Erm. It's a bit of a bastard mix of Sheffield where I live now, Gloucestershire which is old home and various influences from my housemates. Mostly Birmingham. Getting more Sheffield all the time due to living here. And I've realised that probably doesn't mean much to anyone here.

I doubt it would cause much fainting to be honest.



Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

Erm. It's a bit of a bastard mix of Sheffield where I live now, Gloucestershire which is old home and various influences from my housemates. Mostly Birmingham. Getting more Sheffield all the time due to living here. And I've realised that probably doesn't mean much to anyone here.

I doubt it would cause much fainting to be honest.


You overestimate me. I can get weak in the knees just from hearing good Brooklyn accent.

Fortunately, my darling spouse has a great ear for accents, and can do about a dozen pretty good ones on request. He played Eugene in "Bringhton Beach Memoirs" back in college, and when I went to see it I nearly melted in my chair.

I'm easy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »

The other day we realized that I can do a really good Jimmy Stewart impression.

it was really weird how much my girlfriend liked this. after a while I lost it and it turned into some weird mix of regional accents, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2010, 06:14:49 pm »

oh jay-ell you'd have loved a play i was in my junior year of college: the hostage by brendan behan. everybody on stage had an irish brogue except for me (the hostage) workin' the full cockney. the rest of the cast had a dialect coach, to correct differences amongst them; the director decided i didn't need one. smug.gif
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

I do a so-bad-its-good impression of Jimmy Stewart.

"Mary... MARY, muh mouth's bleedin muh MOUTH's bleedin!"

Also, when I'm trying to do a Hitler voice, he never comes out with a German or Austrian accent.

He's always, like, Eastern European or Mexican.

No idea why.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2010, 03:23:51 pm »

I dreamed that our car broke down in a crummy little town and I thought, this place reminds me of LFM, but realized I wasn't sure if we were in upstate NY or western Mass.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2010, 03:01:35 pm »

...that I was in some auditorium, waiting for the presenter to talk about the classes my daughter is in (for the upcoming 3rd grade), with my infant son on my lap.  I vaguely recognise a woman sitting a few chairs away.  She catches my eye and we exchange pleasantries.  She asks why I left Mass early a few weeks ago, in a tone that says she finds it troubling that I do that a lot.  I search my memory for a time recently where I actually left, feeling annoyed that she's prying and say it must have been because my son was fussy.  She then says that I should learn the words to the songs better so that I don't get them wrong.  I stand up, say something to the effect of "Thanks for the advice, and move across the room.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:14 am »

I got up at 6:30 for a run and when I got home around 8 after I showered instead of going to uni right away like I should have I decided to get a bit more kip and ended up falling asleep for 2 hours.
I dreamed I was at a party I was throwing and all my ex girlfriends were invited, or possibly just all my female friends, my current girl was impressed because they all still thought I was an awesome person and we all got along well and it was really nice. I think this might have been a bit of mental escapism on my part because I'm have issues with the current girl at the moment. It put me in a really good mood all morning though. I always have a good morning when I dream about parties.
This is also another example of how morning dreams are always more lucid for me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2010, 04:48:25 pm »

I keep having dreams where I turn down makeouts with mega-hot women because of my girlfriend. What gives?

then I had a dream where my mom walked into my bedroom and found me naked in bed with my girl. just sleeping. she freaked out and told my whole extended family, who were all at the house, that I was being so disrespectful, etc.
This dream, I think, is because I am trying to figure out a way that my girlfriend can be here for graduation, and it looks like I may be having a conversation like "mom, (girlfriend) is going to be staying with me during graduation. Don't freak out about this."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:56 am »

I had a weird dream last night that I remember vividly, which doesn't often happen. I dreamed that I was trying to hide from terrorists in a hotel room with 4 other strangers. Oddly, the door was that weird chickenwire reinforced glass and one of the SWAT team members who was trying to clear the hallway opened the door to yell at us to hide because he could see us from the hallway. The most expensive dental work that I have in my mouth started to crumble. But not all of the crown, just the bottom edge of it. I had crumbly stuff in my mouth and I couldn't stop running my tongue over the jagged edge, like when I broke the natural tooth when I was 16.

Then I opened a package of weird folded architectural drawings, but they were prepared by a surveyor that I knew instead of an architect. I kept looking at the guy's stamps on the drawing, then they turned into colored mylars and then colored sheets of trace paper, and I couldn't find the stamps that should have been on every sheet. The drawings were all in this huge billowy bundle of onionskin paper that I couldn't fold back up neatly to put back in the FedEx box. I was totally confused. The other people in the hotel room did not seem to grasp the gravity of the situation with the terrorists and SWAT team in the building. I could hear distant gunfire and I was afraid that there was a bomb was in the building, but not like super-concerned. I got under the bed, and then my alarm clock went off.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:43 pm »

i almost never remember my dreams, but last night they were so fucked up that i woke up, and now i can't help but recall them.

the first one woke me up from its sheer WTF terror - a dude was talking shit to me so i grabbed his head and shoved my thumbs in his eyes until they popped then ran off and thought i'd get away with it, but then the kid that walks my dogs saw me and goes "that wasn't cool what you did" *AWAKEN*

in the second one i was drowsy on the couch at night when i heard a lot of noise from the street. the driveway across seemed to have a garage under it (?) and a couple cops were shooting into it. then a dude comes out of the garage and up the driveway next to my house. the cops couldn't hit him with many bullets, and then he knocked one out with a punch and threw a knife at the other one. as he walked up the stairs to my front door, he saw me through the window and smiled a fairly evil grin. i knew i would give him the old thumb-eyes, but i woke up before anything else happened.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2010, 03:24:27 pm »

I dreamed a few nights ago that I had adopted an eleven year old from Ethiopia, and when she arrived I realized that there was really very little I could do to give her the educational opportunities of her American peers because she was already so far behind. Instead of feeling like I had done a good thing by bringing her to the States, I felt like I had destroyed her connection to her family and her culture for very little benefit. Then I realized that I had basically decided to adopt her because I thought she would make a good babysitter for my two younger kids, and I woke up feeling wracked with guilt and ashamed of myself.

That's a whole NEW kind of nightmare, right there.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »

At any time during that dream were you sipping mint juleps on the porch with a hand fan?
Its like she tapped into some southern ancestral unconscious.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2010, 08:15:13 pm »

the transition from midwest to southeast comes easy. true fact: i've met more people from ohio than from anywhere else, since i left ohio. i'm talking about permanent residents elsewhere, everywhere i've been in the USA. there's a saying, in fact. "Ohio's a nice place to be ...from."
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2010, 04:28:44 pm »

At any time during that dream were you sipping mint juleps on the porch with a hand fan?

Yikes.
Its like she tapped into some southern ancestral unconscious.

YIKES!

I do think, incidentally, this dream may have been prompted by thinking about inev's facebook post regarding the Peace Corps being inherently condescending. I actually thought about that a lot for the rest of the day, and had also read Slate's article about cross-cultural adoption, so I think the two converged in my subconscious.

Horrifying.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59   Go Up