Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64901 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2012, 01:12:45 pm »

You know how sometimes, when you visit someone's house, and it has an unpleasant smell that they've gotten used to?  It makes me worry about what unpleasant smell in my own home I've gotten used to.

Lynda Barry wrote about this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »

Did you ever meet someone and just immediately get a "kinky sex" vibe? As in, you just assume based on some intangible quality that whatever this person is into, it's probably illegal in many Southern states?

I have no idea if I'm right about this or not, because there's no tactful way to find out, but I like to think that there exists an equivalent of gaydar for kinky people.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »

Feel like an October vacation in Maine, Ash?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »

Don't let her see that post...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »

That reminds me of when I worked for Anheuser Busch from the ages of 19-21 and was finally able to call in my accrued "2 cases a month". My SUV had enough beer to get a few elephants drunk.
Me to girlfriend's dad: "If I come home with this much beer my mom is going to send me to AA. Just take all your fridge can handle."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:17:30 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:36 am »

It's such a relief when my kids finally go to bed, so that I can play with their toys uninterrupted.

Leeeggggggooooooooooos!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »

1.

2. Lately another image keeps going through my head. It was from some book I read about an artist who decides to start carving marble. A friend comes to visit him who is an experienced sculptor, who yells at him for working without gloves or using moisturizer. "Jesus, buy some work gloves before your hands get so calloused you can't ever touch your own dick again."

That was not the exact phrasing. I wish I remembered what book it was.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:59:22 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:17 pm »

‎"...Prior to adoption of the constitution, on even-numbered years, it paid a tribute of approximately $12 to the Spanish bishop, plus six hams, six cheeses, and six live chickens, though this medieval custom was abandoned in 1993."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-princes_of_Andorra

Good lord.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #399 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:57 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2012, 01:07:00 am »

Gmail == Ghost mail?

OOOOOOHHHHH SHIIIIIIT
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:27 am »

art on drugs

this made me think of keith for obvious reasons.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

Just now I got into the shower. As the hot water hit me, I heard a metallic CLINK. I turned around, and there was a penny sitting on the floor of the shower. Where did it come from? All I can think of is that I had slept on it, and it had been riding around on my back all through breakfast.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »

Me, I'd just assume it was in my navel for weeks.

Because I am shamefully fat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #404 on: August 14, 2012, 11:36:22 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up