Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240186 times)

0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2013, 12:43:15 am »

Well I've posted photos on Flickr. Mom's just got to realize it's not always going to be pictures of the grandkids. Sometimes it's a fat naked middle aged man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »

Oh no, today Doomglobe d'int get his way!

Threadar Morghullis
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »

I wish my mother would internet stalk me a little. She always seems completely unaware of my life, even though I basically make most of it public on facebook.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:05 am »

Today I'm gonna have an interesting lunch.

Then I went home and fixed my chair

I also went to a funeral this morning, but I don't have any photographs of that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:18:14 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 04:17:50 am »

That was one helluva story, dude. And all this because you basically just gave him a 'Hey how you doin'. Guess you just have that kind of face that people can talk to. The kind of face that old racists with fanciful stories of a history that never happened can talk to.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 04:37:46 am »

Guess you just have that kind of face that people can talk to. The kind of face that old racists with fanciful stories of a history that never happened can talk to.

I'm not sure he was a racists. He also mentioned that he was a contributor to KPFT which is not something that a racist would likely ever do, and he was definitely on the side of Mrs. Sanderson. He thought it was so amusing how the entire government of Pasadena got their just desserts.

That was one helluva story, dude. And all this because you basically just gave him a 'Hey how you doin'.

I didn't even give him that. He overheard me talking to the owner and used that to start a conversation with me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 05:45:32 am »

You sure you don't cut grass though?  Seems like Texans ought to be good at that.  Maybe with one of those riding mowers.  All tricked out with flame-throwing exhaust pipes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 12:07:58 pm »

A few years ago I got an e-mail from my Mom with the subject line "Check out my new blog!" and I was all "OH DEAR LORD NO."
It was actually a forward, for my cousin's new blog. Had my going for a minute though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

I think asking a man if he cuts grass is kind of like telling him he has a "purdy mouf". Based on the tone of the rest of the story, I'd say it was a deliverance reference.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

I should go back over there and bring my lawn mower with me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 12:25:30 am »

Today I blew almost $300 on a doctor's appointment, groceries, and refilling a prescription. Being a grown-up sucks. At least one of the groceries was a 6-pack of beer which I am allowed to drink now.

It could be worse, the other day as part of psyching myself up to go to grad school, I looked at apartments in a few cities that have good schools. Yikes, the nice places to live cost a lot. For twice what I pay here, I can get a "1bedroom/??bathroom" in Oakland. "??bathroom" makes me imagine the bedroom has a utility sink in the corner.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 12:40:23 am »

There are cheap places with "communal bathrooms", meaning you share them with other tenants on the floor.  I have never lived in such a place.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2013, 12:52:55 am »

One of my friends from Oklahoma moved to San Francisco.  He lived on broadway over some strip clubs by that famous bookstore (city lights?) in the part of town Kerouac hung around in.  He paid $400 (as in total rent was $800) to share an 8ftX8ft room with one other guy.  They had two bathrooms down the hall and a communal kitchen.  There were at least 12 units on his floor.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2013, 01:32:00 am »

I've lived in a lot of shared houses and apartments, but that sounds nightmarish. At least if you share the whole apartment there's some chance of pressuring your housemates to keep the bathroom and kitchen relatively clean.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 03:06:54 am »

It made me realize, hey, Denver is pretty rad.  I mean, I have a house (i have my own fuck*ng level!  my room, bathroom, laundry room and band room.) and a back yard for $100 more.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 94   Go Up