Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240199 times)

0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2013, 06:33:03 pm »

We're all gettin' pretty bitchy, but not much is going on. There's a new strip.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2013, 08:10:02 pm »

I'm picturing August with a pointy hat blowing into one of those curly party favors exactly once. "*fweee* Well, that's enough frivolity, then. Dignity and all that. Back to work everyone."

Wasn't that basically Smick's avatar for a while -- him in a party hat with a blow-out between his teeth and a stony expression on his face, with the caption, "I intend to revel and make merry." Am I remembering right?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »

The other day my dad mentioned that he was my age when he married my mom. Yikes.

Today I slept 5 hours, but only because I slept through my alarm by an hour and a half. This is not going well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »

Yes, it still might be.  He told me it is in fact a live webcam and he has preternatural abilities to remain still.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2013, 03:08:37 am »

What an excellent weekend. Went to visit my brother at school in Nashville and got to see his first apartment, meet his girlfriend and join her fanclub, eat tons of food, scope beautiful women, drink lots of beer. Sometimes life is just grand. Unfortunately this was the weekend I decided to start keeping more serious notes about what I spend money on, and damn it was not good timing. Gas and food and beer are expensive.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2013, 06:43:26 am »

Your brother's girlfriend has a fan club?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »

I slept in a portaledge for the first time saturday night, on a real bigwall climb. It rained on us, hard, and I was taking amazing pictures with my phone, which is now a brick. It kind of hurts a little bit to not be able to share such an amazing experience with anyone who wasn't there, but maybe that is withdrawal and I need to continue not having  a phone for a while...
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

Just my family. That girl is awesome. I think my mom calls her more than she calls my brother.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2013, 12:22:27 am »

well, ran into that girl at a BBQ and she avoided me the whole time. And got hit on extensively by every handsomer-than-me dude there. So I guess now is the part where I have to follow through on my decision to get the fuck over it. Boo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:25 am »

It was easy to read that post as you getting hit on by all the handsome dudes, Nev.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2013, 01:11:45 am »

that too. That one guy just turns on the charm 100% whenever he encounters a human.

ugh but seriously, now I am doing the thing where I re-interpret the whole scene as "damn, I am into that guy, but he is avoiding eye contact and looking sad, I shouldn't talk to him."

I am not good at understanding social cues, people. It is not one of my skills.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2013, 10:47:07 am »

I am apparently now enough days into working the morning shift that I will wake up spontaneously at 5:30, feeling great. This makes me feel like the world has turned upside down. When I was in Nashville I woke up at 9 every day and spent hour sitting there wondering why these damn college kids were sleeping so late.

Going to bed at 9:00 pm still stinks, though. My roommates are basically reacting like I am socially dead.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2013, 04:54:51 pm »

The problem is that Inev still hasn't bought his one-way to Chile yet.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:57 pm »

i just found a nude photo of my childhood friend online. it is from her sexy photo blog.

ummm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2013, 11:29:40 pm »

Hooray for days like today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94   Go Up