I have this 14 inch cast iron from lodge logic. I paid about 20 bucks for it, and it has a permanent place on the stove-top, getting at least one use per day if I'm home. It has gotten so seasoned that it actually adds its own flavor to food, and there are certain things that I can only cook in my own cast iron if I want them to come out just exactly so. It is important to come up with a seasoning regimen for your cast iron and never let anyone else clean it. I use a mixture of olive and peanut oil and salt, rubbed thin onto the entire inner surface of the thing, which I allow to burn dry on the entire bottom. I never wash it with soap, just a brush and warm water, wipe clean with paper towel. When I'm not expecting company, sometimes I don't wash it at all, just bring it up to temp before I cook in it again, allowing the previous sauce to mix with the oil and burn into the iron surface. It is really smooth and sort of perpetually greasy. hell yeah.
Also, I missed this kimchi convo: the thing in kimchi that fucks with your breath is garlic. Garlic actually gets into your glands and causes a change in your saliva or whatever that makes your breath stink, even if you just swallow it in pill form you will have bad breath. THere is lots of raw garlic in kim chi. You can make your own kim chi using garlic powder instead, and this effect will be reduced. Also, you will have gargantuan quantities of kim chi for cheap.