Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239566 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #495 on: November 29, 2013, 02:26:55 am »

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #496 on: November 29, 2013, 03:29:53 am »

I was playing this cell phone quiz game and the last answer was "the oatmeal" and I got it wrong and my opponent's icon was a panda.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #497 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:03 pm »

That sounds like a nightmare I would have.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2013, 05:03:35 am »

I was at a place on Wednesday where one of the appetizers was a steak tartare tostada, and I actually got to use the phrase "a lot of people are calling bullshit on that tostada, dude."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2013, 05:39:54 am »

That is truly one of my favorite things to say.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2013, 11:22:38 am »

Accidentally brought the visiting ladyfriend to this restaurant where the chef was Sean Kingston's former tour DJ, and we ordered some 15$ "Caribbean Samosas" appetizer shit because I guess we're too deferential to recommendations when they come in the form of the phrase "Snoop Dogg really liked these when I made them for him on tour". After we finish the pretty damn mediocre entrées, the girlfriend points out that our appetizer never came. I notify chef DJ Nasty Naz when he comes around again to check up on us all chum-like, and he acts all passive-aggressively huffy before we have to sit waiting for a half hour to finally get what turns out to be three god damn microwaved miniature beef samosas with a glob of egg-roll sauce on the side.

Why can't shit that's cool in theory ever actually work out.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #501 on: December 03, 2013, 06:13:15 am »

Tonight I was a cock to a stranger and did not wage peace.

I HATE when that happens.



PS. No seriously though I was a jerk tonight and I'm sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:25:36 am by Victoria Waterfield »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #502 on: December 03, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »

Tonight I was a cock to a stranger and did not wage peace.

I HATE when that happens.



PS. No seriously though I was a jerk tonight and I'm sorry everyone.

Go and sin no more.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #503 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:26 pm »

Do those dispensations come in a mega pack? Sunday I was hella yellin' at the police, so I'm definitely riding the edge lately.

For what they are worth.  No warranties, express or implied.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

Dear users,

You'd better be really freaking sure before you tell me the system is broken. Because if the problem was actually user error, I WILL figure it out and I WILL call you out on it.

Regards,
Carlos
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #505 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:10 pm »

There's some hullabaloo going on at my old school. Someone from the administration laid down some new rules. The one of concern is a rule stating that any gathering of more than 75 people, in the presence of alcohol, must be registered with the campus police two weeks in advance and the hosts will be billed for campus police security. I'm curious as to how they plan on enforcing this policy. When 75 people get together it is totally cool, but when the 76th person walks in the door, CALL THE COPS. How do you identify the billable host? What if a group of alumni have a meeting? I'm sure more than 75 people show up at rugby games and at least one of them is bound to have a beer. Do you send the team a bill because someone showed up to their game with beer?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #506 on: December 08, 2013, 05:26:17 pm »

Working hard taking major advantage of drinking island.

Since I started this a couple of people have approached me about partnering up to buy, repair and flip some housing.

FUCK NO. If I'm going to pound the cable this hard I'm gonna live in the motherfucker.

Duder, there is something so awesome about buying a worthless piece of shit and turning it into something valuable. If you do it right you're in and out and you leave something better than when you found it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #507 on: December 08, 2013, 06:38:19 pm »

There's some hullabaloo going on at my old school. Someone from the administration laid down some new rules. The one of concern is a rule stating that any gathering of more than 75 people, in the presence of alcohol, must be registered with the campus police two weeks in advance and the hosts will be billed for campus police security. I'm curious as to how they plan on enforcing this policy. When 75 people get together it is totally cool, but when the 76th person walks in the door, CALL THE COPS. How do you identify the billable host? What if a group of alumni have a meeting? I'm sure more than 75 people show up at rugby games and at least one of them is bound to have a beer. Do you send the team a bill because someone showed up to their game with beer?

This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. 75 people is an event, not just a party with some friends. The university will be held responsible if something goes wrong, so you can't blame for them for trying to head off problems.

Yeah, as you mentioned elsewhere I was clearly a teacher in a previous life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #508 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

I think I would prefer making students sign a thing that says "the university is not responsible for my drinking" and students who refuse to sign get a big "LAME" tattoo on their foreheads so you can keep them away from your party.

There are similar rules at my alma mater. The house next door to me senior year got so many complaints from neighbors that the school wrote them a letter saying, basically, if you have ONE MORE PARTY you will be suspended. Which is insane, because... they're just guys living in a house. They pay the landlord to live there, and pay the school to go to the school. Where is the part where the school has control over their behavior in their home?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #509 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »

This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. 75 people is an event, not just a party with some friends. The university will be held responsible if something goes wrong, so you can't blame for them for trying to head off problems.

Yeah, as you mentioned elsewhere I was clearly a teacher in a previous life.

People like me will find ways around this.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94   Go Up