Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240874 times)

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #825 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:04 am »

I think there's a decent noodle shop around the corner from Desert Island Comics in Billyboog.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #826 on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:03 pm »

The guy who I follow on twitter who got me really into urban planning just sent me a message telling me his best friend lives by Rutgers. Ummmm
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #827 on: April 21, 2014, 12:54:56 am »

today I cooked gallo pinto, carnitas, and corn salsa. I think it might be the first time I have cooked a meal with this many parts. The "gallo pinto" wins as the best way to prepare rice and beans. Unfortunately it took me pretty much all day.

I think a big part of it was using "small red" beans. They are so great! Also had never cooked beans from the dry state, I don't think, which may be part of it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #828 on: April 21, 2014, 01:41:24 am »

That recipe seems overly complicated.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #829 on: April 21, 2014, 01:54:10 am »

A much easier way to cook dry beans is to just soak them overnight, then slow boil them for an hour or so.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #830 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05:54 am »

but these were so good. so good.

so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #831 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:16 am »

Oh I can believe it, especially when paired with carnitas and corn salsa.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #832 on: April 21, 2014, 01:18:29 pm »

but these were so good. so good.

so good.

My method would not make them taste any different, just less trouble.

I'm just saying, if you like dried beans, put 'em on to soak before you go to bed, or before you leave for work in the morning. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #833 on: April 21, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »

ugh bell pepper

use a poblano or an anaheim or serrano or something with some actual flavor, not one of those awful, bland, soul-crushing atrocities now in seventeen of your favorite pantone colors
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #834 on: April 21, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »

Pepper snobbery, really?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #835 on: April 21, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »

pepper snobbery, or pepper preference?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #836 on: April 21, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

Paul, I'm gonna let you eat your sushi any way you want, but don't tell me a guy from Texas can't tell that different peppers taste different. Oh wait, you mean they're all the same, like all the different tomatoes you can buy?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #837 on: April 21, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »

Paul, I'm gonna let you eat your sushi any way you want, but don't tell me a guy from Texas can't tell that different peppers taste different. Oh wait, you mean they're all the same, like all the different tomatoes you can buy?

No, I'm not saying that at all. But seriously "soul-crushing atrocities." Did a bell pepper rape Choop's family? The bell pepper isn't as exciting as some peppers, but it is not flavorless. And perhaps this dish we've been discussing, which according to Inev. was "so good," was just right with the simple bell pepper.

I'm gonna make this dish today and see no reason to mess with success.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #838 on: April 21, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »

I eat bell peppers every day - I'm not looking to them for heat, I'm looking for crisp, cool, bell-pepperiness.  I like them julienned and raw, chopped in an omelet, and stir-fried.  I'm not fond of them baked and stuffed with other food.
Anaheim, Serrano, Poblano, and Jalapeño make great additions to other food, but they're really not something I'd eat by themselves. Anything north of those on the Scoville scale is strictly for seasoning (Tabasco, Cayenne, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet) or bragging rights.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #839 on: April 21, 2014, 04:32:12 pm »

If you wouldn't eat a Poblano by itself, I think you should reconsider. Roasted Poblanos are fabulous.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 94   Go Up