Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239528 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1020 on: August 22, 2014, 08:15:24 pm »

Glad to know.

Tomorrow I will take the A train to meet my college roommate at Rockaway Beach. What a life. Long-term St Louis roommate and his girlfriend, who is awesome, are stopping by for the day on Sunday and we're going to explore some fun places nearby in New Jersey.

It feels really good to look at my finances and realize that all those hours working at that dumb job were saving up for this (and school). All my fun trips this month came out of the "oh wow I saved more than I had planned to" fund. Also, NJ is crazy and I am probably going to get in-state tuition for my second semester of school, which is a TON cheaper. Life is good. (Because I haven't gotten to the part yet where school is really hard.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1021 on: August 22, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »

some fun places nearby in New Jersey.

LOL.

Nah, I'm just jerking your chain. I'm sure there are fun places in New Jersey, although the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the big Mitsuwa Japanese supermarket in Edgewater.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1022 on: August 22, 2014, 08:34:33 pm »

yeah, notice I didn't mention that I had figured out what those fun things will be. Actually they're driving on Sunday, so maybe we'll just eat and go to a bar. I've heard the bars in New Brunswick are quite a sight to see once the undergrads show up.

"Hey girl... what's your major?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1023 on: August 22, 2014, 10:11:47 pm »

That is very sad Ash. I'm afraid it's gonna cost you a can of DP.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1024 on: August 25, 2014, 01:16:19 pm »

My brother lives in Hoboken. If you need advice on fun places in New Jersey I can ping him.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1025 on: August 25, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »

My brother lives in Hoboken. If you need advice on fun places in New Jersey I can ping him.

Hoboken?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1026 on: August 26, 2014, 06:05:44 pm »

...slowly I turned!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1027 on: August 26, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »

Carlos-- yes! I am always up for suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1028 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:53 am »

Both the Mayor and sMets were/are in LA. Have either of you guys hooked up with Ash?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1029 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:14 am »

I forget where I was posting about Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but this show just went completely insane. Or, you know, it did in the mid-90s when they made this season. I do not know how to talk about this without spoiling an incredible thing. Maybe even talking about "a crazy thing" happening is spoiling it.

Game of Thrones ain't got nothing on this 1990's space anime.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1030 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

Smelts never says shit. I think I've said too many cusses at him.

Maybe he gots a real life now and has no time to play with imaginary friends anymore.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1031 on: August 27, 2014, 04:59:26 pm »

wait, didn't he move to New York several years ago?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1032 on: August 27, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

wait, didn't he move to New York several years ago?

He's in LA visiting his brother. He may be back home now, I'm not sure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1033 on: August 27, 2014, 09:24:32 pm »

The Mayor set up a baseball game meet for his West Coast Commission but I had to bow out.

We did meet up for an Angels game in 2011. There may be photographic evidence somewhere.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1034 on: August 28, 2014, 12:06:05 am »

went over to our local game store for d&d night, and did not anticipate this fairly obvious outcome. Which was that my roommate and I sat in the corner and watched a group of teenagers play, very badly. They occasionally looked over at us guiltily and tried to engage us in conversation, but did not invite us to join. But he said he now gets how it works, and is interested in playing if I find people to play.

meanwhile, roommate told me on the way home that he is really into 4chan.

other roommate and I had a long, weird conversation where I tried to explain that I mostly listen to bands that are not on the radio without feeling like a dick. She just wouldn't get it.
"What about Dave Matthews Band, you HAVE to like them, right?"
"no."
"wait, but what about Third Eye Blind?"
"where do you even hear of any of these weird old bands?"
"um, I read books about music and blogs about music and talk about music with my friends."
"oh. For fun? Really?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:16:23 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 94   Go Up