The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on June 14, 2006, 08:45:53 am

Title: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: ananke on June 14, 2006, 08:45:53 am
I liked the barber part, otherwise just a solid chuckle strip.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: MrCB on June 14, 2006, 09:15:33 am
I like Lyle's part.

I'm imagining Miami saying it in that same tone of voice that a loving father tells his son "Son, you're a man now, off to college - these are the best days of your life, enjoy them."
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: nuero on June 14, 2006, 09:31:07 am
This is, indeed, so SO indeed, the right title.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: mrchee on June 14, 2006, 09:57:08 am
AGH! I gamble, I lose!

LINK, MAN!  THE LINK!

http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=06142006 (http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=06142006)
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: mrdna1 on June 14, 2006, 11:04:40 am
This is, indeed, so SO indeed, the right title.
Of course, "tossing more salad than a seasick rabbit" is an expression I wish I had an excuse to use more often.

edit: I must say, Cornelius is a *damn* classy guy. I'm really digging this bit of character development for him.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2006, 11:05:03 am
Sometimes trouble finds good men; you left your porch light on.

The old-school career prisoner speaks with semicolons. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: cellardoor on June 14, 2006, 12:06:04 pm
Some great lines in this one.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Hobot on June 14, 2006, 12:50:16 pm
Man, what is it with salad today?

In the unlikely event that Onstad is reading the board and my post, this is exactly the comment he expected someone to make.  As an educated man and a talented man of words, he knows that repetition is something good writers avoid.  Nothing says "remedial English" like using the same word in two consecutive sentences.  Well I've got two words for him: Held Back.

Oh my goodness I am so critical today!  I am sorry about this, Chis Onsteadt; Happy Birthday, and thank you for an otherwise delightful strip.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 12:51:53 pm
Lyle doesn't even get angry, this is how much he clearly respects Miami.

Furthermore "My old man's a barber you son of a bitch!" made me chortle, which is something I don't often do.  Of COURSE Pat is going to bring up his hatred of barbers in the middle of trying to be a tough guy, because clearly it has so much to do with it.  Oh, retarded Pat, how I love to loathe thee.

also, dammit Hobot, you beat me to it.

Happy Birthday OLD MAN! 
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2006, 12:53:29 pm
Vlad's panel has given me a mental image that I did not need: Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha rape!
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Hobot on June 14, 2006, 12:53:43 pm
also, dammit Hobot, you beat me to it.

What, the surly criticism of Onstad's diction, or the Birthday-related pleasantries?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 12:55:09 pm
What, the surly criticism of Onstad's diction, or the Birthday-related pleasantries?

...Can't it be Both?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Hobot on June 14, 2006, 12:59:00 pm
...Can't it be Both?

Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 01:10:56 pm
Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.


Maybe it IS just you... maybe you secretly hate salad.  Salad Hater!

Mmm.. that's good irony.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2006, 01:34:39 pm
Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.

Don't you mean 3 successive mentions of salad?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: MattFish on June 14, 2006, 01:35:12 pm
Too many salads.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 02:16:56 pm
me: so, um, what does Salad Days mean other than a minor threat song?

the internet: a time of "green" youthful innocence!
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: dejavroom on June 14, 2006, 02:33:22 pm
I was gonna mention those salads. By the way, what does "toss salad", as Miami tells Teódor, mean?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 02:48:34 pm
I was gonna mention those salads. By the way, what does "toss salad", as Miami tells Teódor, mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toss+salad
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 02:48:55 pm
I was gonna mention those salads. By the way, what does "toss salad", as Miami tells Teódor, mean?

I was going to link to Urban Dictionary since I couldn't exactly find a tactful way to say it, but uh... well.. it's like...  oh hell. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tossed+salad)

Edit:  And that's what I get for being 21 seconds too late.  Damn my hemming and hawing!

Also, the title of this page (http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/games/play.php?contentId=1365) makes me giggle for this reason.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2006, 03:02:37 pm
TOO MUCH EDUCATION.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2006, 03:06:25 pm
Also: Two uses of the word 'salad' is bad writing.  Three uses of the word 'salad' is a recurring theme.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: dejavroom on June 14, 2006, 03:11:00 pm
Re: Recurring theme: Thought so too, Wombat. (sowy guys, shoulda have remembered to check urban dictionary)

Add: As someone undoubtedly must have said by now, "acquisition of learning is never a painless affair". Sigh.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 03:14:22 pm
dejavroom, that's the kind of question where you get to make fun of the person who knows the answer.  "Oh, I figured you would know that, ass-licker."
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2006, 03:18:07 pm
dejavroom, that's the kind of question where you get to make fun of the person who knows the answer.  "Oh, I figured you would know that, ass-licker."

Damn, Jough won't even toss his lady's salad. What a dick.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 03:19:53 pm
Damn, Jough won't even toss his lady's salad. What a dick.

Into everyone's life a little tossed salad must fall.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 03:20:36 pm
Yeah, okay copropheliac.  Just because I don't want to put my mouth where shit usually lives doesn't make me a dick.  I mean, there are so many other things that would make me a dick that this particular one is way down on the list.

Also, Cort is just downright salty today.  What gives, man?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: dejavroom on June 14, 2006, 03:23:08 pm
Call me silly, but I laughed at "salty".
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2006, 03:29:49 pm
Yeah, okay copropheliac.  Just because I don't want to put my mouth where shit usually lives doesn't make me a dick.  I mean, there are so many other things that would make me a dick that this particular one is way down on the list.

Also, Cort is just downright salty today.  What gives, man?

Today's topic involves "man-rape." I may not be the dirtiest dude in town but that topic would make anybody work a little blue.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 03:54:42 pm
me: so, um, what does Salad Days mean other than a minor threat song

The hell, I ain't answering this.

~Paul
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 03:55:35 pm
The hell, I ain't answering this.

~Paul

Oh I think it's been answered in abundance.  I think womby's probably crying in a corner and trying to rock herself to sleep at this point.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2006, 04:07:50 pm
Actually mostly I am just terribly cross at what a stupid thing that is to call that thing.  What is wrong with our culture that that is the best we can do?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 04:31:05 pm
Actually mostly I am just terribly cross at what a stupid thing that is to call that thing.  What is wrong with our culture that that is the best we can do?

IIRC it originated in prison itself, and prisoners, despite giving us the lovely works "shank" and "shiv", aren't really known for their perspicacity.

Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 04:56:19 pm
While it is cute that you are trying out a new word, Q, you didn't quite use it right.  I mean, naming things doesn't exactly require insight or wisdom.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 05:07:13 pm
While it is cute that you are trying out a new word, Q, you didn't quite use it right.  I mean, naming things doesn't exactly require insight or wisdom.

New word my ass jough.  EDUCATION MOTHERFUCKER (http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2002/06/17.html)

Utilized in this case to mean insightful, as in "boy that word does not provide insight into said action at all".  I also, if you must know my English trickery, found the double-meaning of penetration to be amusing.

Don't even try and step up kidd.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 06:27:30 pm
I wasn't suggesting that the word itself was new, only new to you, Q.

And again, one's coinage of a prison term wouldn't really be insightful or not insightful.  Nomenclature isn't really a matter of insight, unless it's onomatopoeic or something.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 06:52:19 pm
I wasn't suggesting that the word itself was new, only new to you, Q.

And again, one's coinage of a prison term wouldn't really be insightful or not insightful.  Nomenclature isn't really a matter of insight, unless it's onomatopoeic or something.

Womby was suggesting that it was a bad term for the action, and I was countering with the fact that they aren't the most insightful hence any term coined therein is going to, by its very nature, be articulate of the concept.

So no, it's not new to me at all.

I was going to say "Way to overanalyze all the funny out of this" but then I realized you'd just counter with "You're assuming it was funny to begin with" and everyone would die inside just a little more.

Man, who pissed in your proverbial cornflakes this morning?  Oh right... I did..sorry about that..
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 14, 2006, 07:00:04 pm
The use of language in this strip has brought me to the realization that... if the mistake of attempting to remake "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" is ever made, the only way to redeem it in any way would be to allow Mr. Onstad the final pass at the dialogue before filming. Even when the cores of the jokes are only okay, the range and idiocincracies of the dialogue styles always kick my ass.

C'est awesomfique.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 08:02:03 pm
yeah, I was answering my own question. sorry.

the other day, a nice lady asked me (OUT OF THE BLUE) what a "gang-bang" was.

that was fun.

"oh, you mean, like a line?"

"no. like... at the same time."

"but.. only one can..."

"multiple. orifices. simultaneous."

"oh... OHH...."
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: melack on June 14, 2006, 08:04:41 pm
I would just like to point out this example from our good friends at Urban Dictionary.

Quote
2. I ate five black assholes tonight. These are truly the salad days.

These people do a great service to humanity with their work. I'd just like to mention that.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: colmore on June 14, 2006, 08:10:57 pm
I'm going to dispute the idea that the uneducated criminal underclass aren't a good source of neologisms.

Item A: The Blues.

"Tossing Salad" is the exception that proves the rule.  And frankly I like the disparity between the sound of the term and the meaning.  It somehow works much better than something more direct and vulgar.  And as to the need of insight to create good new language: compare Bill Shakespeare to the tard that came up with "metrosexual." 
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 08:41:14 pm
wow.

so, um, tossing salad did not mean the sexual act that I thought it did. Hm.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 08:49:04 pm
I'm going to dispute the idea that the uneducated criminal underclass aren't a good source of neologisms.

Item A: The Blues.

"Tossing Salad" is the exception that proves the rule.  And frankly I like the disparity between the sound of the term and the meaning.  It somehow works much better than something more direct and vulgar.  And as to the need of insight to create good new language: compare Bill Shakespeare to the tard that came up with "metrosexual." 

Yeah well Bill came up with "Making the beast with two backs"

So... he must have spent time in prison himself.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 14, 2006, 09:11:06 pm
the other day, a nice lady asked me (OUT OF THE BLUE) what a "gang-bang" was.

For some reason or other, the other day Mrs. del Vaca asked "What exactly is a 'glory hole?'"
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 09:18:24 pm
So did you tell her... or show her?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 09:30:00 pm
Sooo... they were going to name a certain piece of our business in a meeting right? 

The suggested name was $businessname Lending Information Technology.

The problem?  Our $businessname starts with a C.

"Uh... guys.. that spells clit."  Uproarious nervous laughter abounds.  Now, just imagine if you will... after the meeting being pulled aside and asked by a woman of nearly 50 what in the hell a clit was. Imagine she's also your boss.  Imagine she has 2 kids so she must presumably get it on.

I really kind of understood her entire life in that moment.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 09:50:33 pm
I mean... that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of it. She just didn't necessarily know the name.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 09:53:33 pm
I mean... that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of it. She just didn't necessarily know the name.

Further conversation for clarity:

"Well.. uh... it's like.. a bit of female anatomy."

"Like... down there?"

"Well kind of.. just the.. um... the button part"

"The button part?"

"Yeah kind of at the.. WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME?  Look it up, seriously."

It was most uncomfortable for all concerned.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 10:03:21 pm
oh, lord, The button part?

I would have said something like "basically the most sensitive part" and left it at that.

you got into Buttons, man. She was imagining like a little round plastic thing sewn onto her lady-ness. No wonder she was confused!
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 10:06:11 pm
Dude, she must have one.  Why not just have her drop trough and show her?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 10:12:52 pm
All I know is that is not in my job description, and in this case, nor do I want it to be.

Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2006, 11:24:52 pm

"the button part"


I must defend Q here.  Unlike the term we were discussing earlier, it is 100% clear what this has to mean.  If it wasn't, then I think that Q is right in, as he seemed to imply, feeling sorry for her that she does not have an ongoing personal acquaintance with the function of the part in question.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 14, 2006, 11:31:56 pm
I must defend Q here.  Unlike the term we were discussing earlier, it is 100% clear what this has to mean.  If it wasn't, then I think that Q is right in, as he seemed to imply, feeling sorry for her that she does not have an ongoing personal acquaintance with the function of the part in question.

As womby is the first woman to respond I think this speaks highly of my descriptive nature.  In other words, screw you guys.

anyway, yes, that poor woman.  I sincerely hope she gave unto her husband a most vicious "talking to".
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 14, 2006, 11:44:28 pm
I doubt her husband would be much help here, or she would know.

So here is a woman born presumably in the 50's and somehow throughout the 1960's in America managed to miss finding out what a clitoris is.

Well, her pastor has got to be proud of her anyhow.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: theinevitable on June 14, 2006, 11:55:46 pm
obviously, we need to write a brief questionnaire to discover her knowledge/her husband's knowledge of the Clitoris.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 15, 2006, 12:38:26 am
1)  Have you ever had multiple orgasms?

End of test.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 12:47:22 am
My point was more that it not only missed one, it missed TWO people.


Either that or her husband is also a dickhead (figuratively speaking).
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Hobot on June 15, 2006, 12:51:06 am
As fun as this discussion has become, I need to address an important issue.

Don't you mean 3 successive mentions of salad?

Yes. 

Well, no. Rather, it is what I should have meant.  This is why I should not be allowed near computers in the morning, especially when I am in an empty lab and no one is around to read over my shoulder and tell me I'm being a moron.

I recant my entire post about Onstad's poor writing skills regarding his superfluous mention of salad.  Wombat is right, of course; two uses would have been overkill, but three indicates the development of a theme.

I am sorry to have let you down, TOUAMB.  I hereby pledge to refrain from making snotty grammar-related comments for the rest of the week (until Sunday), no matter how ugly things get.  This is my solemn vow.

</Penitence>
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: CortJstr on June 15, 2006, 01:13:25 am
Sooo... they were going to name a certain piece of our business in a meeting right? 

The suggested name was $businessname Lending Information Technology.

The problem?  Our $businessname starts with a C.

"Uh... guys.. that spells clit."  Uproarious nervous laughter abounds.  Now, just imagine if you will... after the meeting being pulled aside and asked by a woman of nearly 50 what in the hell a clit was. Imagine she's also your boss.  Imagine she has 2 kids so she must presumably get it on.

I really kind of understood her entire life in that moment.

Quote from: Rimmer
I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society". Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is "CLITORIS".

Also, I shall be tempted for the rest of the week to purposely make even worse grammar/spelling errors than those I would just make anyway due to my own sordid ignorance.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2006, 01:30:24 am
I doubt her husband would be much help here, or she would know.

So here is a woman born presumably in the 50's and somehow throughout the 1960's in America managed to miss finding out what a clitoris is.

Well, her pastor has got to be proud of her anyhow.

Just because she doesn't know what it's called doesn't mean she doesn't know how it works.

I mean, you don't know the exact name for every piece and part of your automobile, but you still drive around, right?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 01:39:46 am
I don't care if she knew the technical term - if she knew how it worked she would have known immediately what Q was referring to as the button part, though.  I am sure that any woman would.

But hey, look at that Hobot promising not to nitpick about grammar!  Not that this was a point of grammar so much as style, but let us rise up in appreciation of anyone on this board who promises not to nitpick about grammar.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Hobot on June 15, 2006, 01:56:56 am
But hey, look at that Hobot promising not to nitpick about grammar!  Not that this was a point of grammar so much as style, but let us rise up in appreciation of anyone on this board who promises not to nitpick about grammar.

Yes, but what I am known and loved for is nitpicking grammar, so I thought I'd give you a brief respite from my indignant pedantry.  For shame for nitpicking my valiant effort, wombat; for shame.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 02:12:44 am
It's just that I live for that shimmering day in the future when people are actually nitpicking about grammar and then promise to stop nitpicking about grammar.  A girl can dream big, can't she?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 02:24:48 am
It's just that I live for that shimmering day in the future when people are actually nitpicking about grammar and then promise to stop nitpicking about grammar.  A girl can dream big, can't she?

That's funny coming from you.

Say womby, about your time as a linguist....


Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: Choop on June 15, 2006, 03:16:42 am
Three is the rule of comedy, best explained in terms of the Holy Hand Grenade.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jough on June 15, 2006, 03:43:24 am
Speaking of CLIT, when is Clerks 2 coming out? 
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: oball on June 15, 2006, 03:58:26 am
I think it's cruel of Onstad to mock jough's diet by constantly mentioning salads.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 15, 2006, 04:26:54 am
Speaking of CLIT, when is Clerks 2 coming out?

July 21st.

And it's reeeeeeal good.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2006, 04:02:27 pm
July 21st.

And it's reeeeeeal good.

How do you know?
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 15, 2006, 06:48:07 pm
How do you know?

Uhm... well... I worked on it. I'm... technically working on it right now. I'm one of the director's Los Angeles office people and I'm pulling double-duty as their post-production PA right now. But I swear to God, it's not that I'm biased. If I didn't love the crap out of that movie, I'd just say nothing at all. Jeez, now I sound like a braggy-name-droppy a-hole.

...slinks away.
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2006, 06:51:06 pm
Uhm... well... I worked on it. I'm... technically working on it right now. I'm one of the director's Los Angeles office people and I'm pulling double-duty as their post-production PA right now. But I swear to God, it's not that I'm biased. If I didn't love the crap out of that movie, I'd just say nothing at all. Jeez, now I sound like a braggy-name-droppy a-hole.

...slinks away.

No you don't.  That's really cool.

I wasn't doubting that it was going to be good, I just wondered where you got your inside info. 
Title: Re: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.
Post by: jcreed on June 21, 2006, 02:54:50 am
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toss+salad

Thanks to Achewood, and to touamb, I am not left to wonder what is meant by the writing in the following document found by a prison library volunteer worker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jumble/92798393/in/set-72057594055928630/

Instead, I know exactly what it means, to the point that I have a nigh-indelible mental image associated with it. Er, th-thank you, Achewood and touamb.