The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2009, 06:08:23 pm

Title: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2009, 06:08:23 pm
Heh Heh (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html?no_interstitial)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: smick on January 29, 2009, 06:13:40 pm
America: A Place For Americans
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on January 29, 2009, 07:03:17 pm
Finally, a reason (http://www.baconcamp.com/) to go to Burning Man. (besides art and drugs and sex)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on January 30, 2009, 01:27:56 am
My God, I am weeping with desire for the Bacon Explosion.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on January 30, 2009, 05:18:23 am
My heart's explodin'!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on January 30, 2009, 07:21:58 am
Jesus, people. I saw the original blog post while the author was composing it. I know the author and creator of this dish, and I know everything about this dish. I suggested the crumbled bacon inside the log of sausage. I know everything about bacon, pork, and pork products, and I know it before anybody else. I know when your mom eats bacon. I know when your children dream of bacon.

We have been over this. And yet you refuse to learn.




</bobby>
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on January 30, 2009, 07:53:18 am
Jesus, people. I saw the original blog post while the author was composing it. I know the author and creator of this dish, and I know everything about this dish. I suggested the crumbled bacon inside the log of sausage. I know everything about bacon, pork, and pork products, and I know it before anybody else. I know when your mom eats bacon. I know when your children dream of bacon.

We have been over this. And yet you refuse to learn.




</bobby>

Bac-canned.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on January 30, 2009, 02:09:01 pm
My...my children dream of bacon?


Nooooooo!!!!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on January 30, 2009, 06:02:53 pm
I know when your mom eats bacon. I know when your children dream of bacon.

</bobby>

Wait...Bobby is Bacon Claus? 
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on January 30, 2009, 11:57:21 pm
Wait...Bobby is Bacon Claus? 

I think he's more like Bacon Peter.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2009, 02:51:13 am
Bacon Claus needs to be an Archie McPhee (http://www.mcphee.com/categories/meat.html) action figure.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: miles on January 31, 2009, 02:54:17 am
Oh man my Dad used to get Archie McPhee catalogs. Memories.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2009, 05:34:35 am
Oh man my Dad used to get Archie McPhee catalogs. Memories.

I have one of their Easter Island statues looking at me right now.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2009, 05:09:53 pm
They may have no Bacon Clause yet, but Archie McPhee just informed me of a way to add bacon to any website. (http://bacolicio.us/)

Whaddaya think - is it an improvement? (http://bacolicio.us/http://touamb.com/index.php)

Edited by PMCD9 to fix broken (sausage) link.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 01, 2009, 05:54:44 am
Choopernickel, despite being a complete pu$$y fucktard, is absolutely right. I already had it sent to me several times.

That said, I will be making it this year, because I do loves me some sujuk and that would be perfect in that dish.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 01, 2009, 06:35:15 am
love you too.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 01, 2009, 06:51:49 am
Kisses.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2009, 01:46:00 pm
Can we branch out a little from bacon?

I really want the tshirt from this place:
http://www.boccalone.com/ (http://www.boccalone.com/)

And i really want to go to this thing:
http://www.amusecochon.com/ (http://www.amusecochon.com/)

where they're going to cook a wooly pig:
http://woolypigs.com/ (http://woolypigs.com/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2009, 07:19:55 pm
I forgot to mention this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3225268577/).
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 08, 2009, 12:44:23 am
I forgot to mention this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3225268577/).

Even my mother is getting in on the game. She pulled my wife and I aside, gave her a piece of jewelry and me a pack of duck bacon. "Have you seen this before? It's bacon! From a duck! Isn't that WACKY?"
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on February 08, 2009, 02:25:09 am
... and that's the story of how Mrs. Isosceles ended up in a nursing home.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 08, 2009, 02:30:24 am
... and that's the story of how Mrs. Isosceles ended up in a nursing home.

Icebergs: nature's nursing home
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 08, 2009, 04:56:46 am
So Bobby are you saying that you had in fact already seen these pictures of me eating 12 year old bacon bits?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 08, 2009, 09:08:17 am
So Bobby are you saying that you had in fact already seen these pictures of me eating 12 year old bacon bits?

Bitch, I was Bacon Bit #28.

Sexy duodenum, btw,.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on February 09, 2009, 10:14:47 pm
So Bobby are you saying that you had in fact already seen these pictures of me eating 12 year old bacon bits?
I liked your mom's anecdote about you eating from an abandoned cooler.  That's a move my younger brother would have done.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 10, 2009, 01:26:37 pm
Pre-emptively, I've also seen this:

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20080212-The_Meat_Ship

And this

http://blog.rifftrax.com/2009/01/31/bacon-stupidity/
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 11, 2009, 03:56:08 pm
I liked your mom's anecdote about you eating from an abandoned cooler.  That's a move my younger brother would have done.

Like I said it was good fresh food.  Why should it go to waste?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on February 19, 2009, 09:09:48 pm
We didn't already do bacon toilet paper (http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=MultiOption_24&parent=Category_41), did we?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 20, 2009, 03:08:11 am
(http://www.yowazzup.com/blog/images/bacon-briefcase.jpg)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on February 20, 2009, 10:17:35 pm
The Muslims at my work would probably projectile vomit if I brought that sucker in.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 21, 2009, 04:56:59 am
My aunt mailed me a Vosges Haut Chocolate Mo's Bacon Bar (applewood smoked bacon, alderwood smoked salt, deep milk chocolate, 45% cacao).

CHECK.

MOVING ON.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 21, 2009, 04:46:57 pm
been there, ate that, turned the calendar to 2007
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 21, 2009, 06:43:41 pm
been there, ate that, turned the calendar to 2007

The only chocolate covered bacon that I found tasty was one that was made fresh in some cooperative market on the Lower East Side. I also had the greatest sandwich of my life: a pulled pork sandwich where the bread was actually pancakes with mac and cheese cooked into them.

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on February 21, 2009, 08:02:15 pm
I'll bet that is the place I tried to go to a few months ago, but it was closed because they were at the Chocolate Show instead. A tiny little shop the size of like two phone booths, right? Now I am even sorrier I missed it.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 21, 2009, 10:48:30 pm
I'll bet that is the place I tried to go to a few months ago, but it was closed because they were at the Chocolate Show instead. A tiny little shop the size of like two phone booths, right? Now I am even sorrier I missed it.

Yes, it is a whole bunch of places the size of two phone booths.

The chocolate place I don't remember the name of. The eatery with the sandwich is shopsin's www.shopsins.com . Their menu is orgasmic.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 23, 2009, 08:56:02 am
http://www.thebigmoney.com/articles/video/2009/02/20/bacon-gets-stripped
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on April 02, 2009, 01:02:16 pm
And another one:

http://www.baconsaltblog.com/2009/03/our-newest-product.html (http://www.baconsaltblog.com/2009/03/our-newest-product.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on April 02, 2009, 01:10:25 pm
Similarly:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2009, 01:23:56 pm
Similarly:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html)

Every year one of Think Geek's April Fools products turns out to be so awesome that they end up making it for real. This will not be that product.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on April 02, 2009, 02:41:57 pm
Ooh I hope it's the Tauntaun sleeping bag (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tauntaun.html). That is a thing I would impulse buy so hard.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2009, 05:01:03 pm
Ooh I hope it's the Tauntaun sleeping bag (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tauntaun.html). That is a thing I would impulse buy so hard.

They said "Due to an overwhelming tsunami of requests from YOU THE PEOPLE, we have decided to TRY and bring this to life. We have no clue if the suits at Lucasfilms will grant little ThinkGeek a license, nor do we know how much it would ultimately retail for."
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 09, 2009, 09:36:43 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/5118283/Bacon-sandwich-really-does-cure-a-hangover.html

Hey Bobby maybe you ain't seen this one because it's from Europe or whatever or you don't count it because it's not American-style bacon and anything else is just ham or you already seen it because you have your various aggregators and Google Alerts programmed to go off anytime there's a bacon story just so you can keep your cred.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2009, 09:42:47 pm
This reminds me, is Baco de Mayo still a thing? I was talking about it the other day and when I googled it I only saw stuff from 2007.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 09, 2009, 10:01:11 pm
This reminds me, is Baco de Mayo still a thing? I was talking about it the other day and when I googled it I only saw stuff from 2007.

Both you and Turbo Ninja are in luck! It is now April 9. One month to Baco de Mayo.

I OFFICIALLY CARE ABOUT BACON FOR ONE MONTH. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SEND ME ALL THINGS BACON.

Cort: Baco is in Carderock this year, May 09, 2009. We got the pavilion. Email me for details.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2009, 11:37:29 pm
Both you and Turbo Ninja are in luck! It is now April 9. One month to Baco de Mayo.

I OFFICIALLY CARE ABOUT BACON FOR ONE MONTH. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SEND ME ALL THINGS BACON.

Cort: Baco is in Carderock this year, May 09, 2009. We got the pavilion. Email me for details.


I would but your e-mail is hidden. And you block all PMs.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 10, 2009, 05:00:35 am
I would but your e-mail is hidden. And you block all PMs.

ask wombat
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 15, 2009, 02:52:22 am
See, you dipshits, if you're gonna send me something Bacon related, for the love of Ahura Mazda send me something interesting.

"Hey, let's wrap bacon inside of more bacon and then top it with bacon!" - NOT INTERESTING
"Hey, let's make a life size model of an AK-47 assault rifle out of bacon!"- INTERESTING (http://www.thisisfreakingridiculous.com/tifr/2009/4/13/ba-k-47.html)

The second you can do something or even find something that awesome without me holding your hand is the second I will bacon-respect you.

yeah i'm looking right at your beady little eyes Choop




link found by my knife-wielding avatar
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 15, 2009, 03:48:43 am
If I had the culinary skills, I would send you a bacon depiction of the prophet Muhammed.

As it is, I used up all my potential for culinary skills on a high aptitude for blasphemy.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 15, 2009, 04:06:50 am
If I had the culinary skills, I would send you a bacon depiction of the prophet Muhammed.

As it is, I used up all my potential for culinary skills on a high aptitude for blasphemy.

Strictly speaking, you should use Iberico and call the sculpture mu-ham-med
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on April 15, 2009, 05:57:53 am
I saw the BA-K-47 earlier today and thought about bringing it up, but I assumed you'd heard of it.


You did not disappoint.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 15, 2009, 12:32:09 pm
I saw the BA-K-47 earlier today and thought about bringing it up, but I assumed you'd heard of it.


You did not disappoint.

The last time I felt so bacon-giddy was in 2001 when we decided to beer-batter and deep fry bacon.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 15, 2009, 02:35:59 pm
Did you fry it in bacon fat?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 15, 2009, 04:21:05 pm
Did you fry it in bacon fat?

We tried, but that didn't work out so well. Better to deep fry in vegetable oil.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on April 15, 2009, 10:37:40 pm
Apparently you can cut steel (http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/15/bb-video-the-flaming.html) with bacon.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 16, 2009, 01:42:25 am
Apparently you can cut steel (http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/15/bb-video-the-flaming.html) with bacon.

See THIS is what I was talking about.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: theinevitable on April 16, 2009, 02:25:53 am
The other day I made a pork chop sandwich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8), and put bacon on it.

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on April 16, 2009, 06:01:53 am
heeheehee
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on April 20, 2009, 02:30:01 am
Have we done a bacon tuxedo?
http://www.mcphee.com/resources/april/items/bacontux.html (http://www.mcphee.com/resources/april/items/bacontux.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on April 20, 2009, 02:44:28 am
vanity fair, march 1972
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 20, 2009, 03:02:20 am
vanity fair, march 1972

exactly
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: theinevitable on April 20, 2009, 03:43:09 am
I like Vanity Fair so much.

I'm sure there are a lot of jokes to be made about this.

But, the articles are so good.
Also, I like clothes.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on April 20, 2009, 01:17:51 pm
I like Vanity Fair so much.

I'm sure there are a lot of jokes to be made about this.

But, the articles are so good.
Also, I like clothes.

All I know about Vanity Fair is that back in like 6th grade it was known amongst dudes as a magazine that sometimes had nudity inside but that you could get away with looking at because adults didn't realize this/forgot.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 27, 2009, 06:34:00 pm
BLAH BLAH BLAH HAY BOBBYISOSCELES HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

LOL MEAT CARDS (http://www.meatcards.com/)

LOLOL ITS A BUSINESS CARD MADE OUT OF MEAT AND ALSO AS A PLUS LASERS ARE INVOLVED LOLOL ARENT I SO ORIGINAL

... yes, actually, you are! meat cards are a great idea.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: smick on April 27, 2009, 06:56:42 pm
I've ordered a set.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on April 27, 2009, 07:18:26 pm
Yo dawg, I herd you like bacon so we put some bacon on your bacon so you can bacon while you bacon.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on April 28, 2009, 02:26:53 am
Yo dawg, I herd you like bacon so we put some bacon on your bacon so you can bacon while you bacon.

Ideally you'd be talking about bacon cupcakes, so you can have bacon in your bakin' and eat bacon while you're bakin'.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on April 28, 2009, 02:56:34 am
Ideally you'd be talking about bacon cupcakes, so you can have bacon in your bakin' and eat bacon while you're bakin'.

I bow to your superior memeatology.  I herd you like tiny cans of Dr. Pepper...   Oh, I just can't do it...
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 03:17:48 am
we are now closed for bacon-related links and trivia until next year

thank you for attending


this year's bacon consumption:
- bacon cheeseburgers
- bacon-wrapped steak
- the Bacon Explosion
- bacon brownies
- bacon cookies
- bacon ice cream
- bacon infused beer
- bacon-infused chicken

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on May 11, 2009, 07:35:39 am
- bacon cheeseburgers

The internet may have spoiled me in this respect but this seems a bit simple for baco de mayo? I mean, I'd never turn down a bacon cheeseburger but is there something awesome about the recipe you are not revealing here?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on May 11, 2009, 08:12:23 am
i had this crazy thing today it was called a B-L-T a sandwich with tomato lettuce mayonnaise and bacon on toast oh wowsers how delish hey bobby did you ever hear of that.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 11, 2009, 08:45:42 am
I had a dream about bacon last night. I really wanted that bacon.

I mean, I don't even like bacon that much, plus I'm just about vegetarian. But I was so disappointed when I woke up and the bacon was gone.

Is this what it's like to be you?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 12:10:32 pm
The internet may have spoiled me in this respect but this seems a bit simple for baco de mayo? I mean, I'd never turn down a bacon cheeseburger but is there something awesome about the recipe you are not revealing here?

It's very difficult to get bacon that is ground into the beef to result in a good burger, as bacon fat and beef fat have vastly different melting points (which is why you can bard other meats with bacon easily) -- so you will either end up with a trichinosis burger or a hockey puck with islands of awesmeness.

the secret is to use a lot of egg onion and butter as buffer
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on May 11, 2009, 02:35:45 pm
Bacon brownies actually sound great.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 03:25:16 pm
Bacon brownies actually sound great.

I liked the cookies better, frankly, but the brownies were very good.

In the end, however, my bacon-wrapped steaks were the win. I liked the rub I used.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2009, 03:43:55 pm
What kind of bacon cookies? I was deeply contemplating a recipe for peanut butter bacon cookies. (But yes, instead I was TOTALLY LAME and did not even manage to SHOW UP with my un-combined-into-cookies bacon and peanut better in hand).

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 03:50:21 pm
What kind of bacon cookies? I was deeply contemplating a recipe for peanut butter bacon cookies. (But yes, instead I was TOTALLY LAME and did not even manage to SHOW UP with my un-combined-into-cookies bacon and peanut better in hand).



I told you, we didn't need you, only the pugs!

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2009, 04:49:22 pm
Unfortunately, the pugs keep failing driver's ed. Whenever they pass an establishment that sells food they drive off the road.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 05:12:36 pm
Unfortunately, the pugs keep failing driver's ed. Whenever they pass an establishment that sells food they drive off the road.

Send them with someone cool, like AbnrmlJstr.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2009, 05:24:31 pm
But then where's their incentive to keep trying?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 11, 2009, 05:40:20 pm
But then where's their incentive to keep trying?

Keep trying what?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2009, 05:58:58 pm
To pass the driver's test, of course.

They're fine on the written exam. It's the road test that gets them every time.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: theinevitable on May 11, 2009, 07:49:16 pm
last night I had a dream where I was force-feeding a vegetarian bacon.

I am fine with vegetarianism, so I'm not sure what was going on.

Also: in March I ate a chocolate bar with bacon in it. pretty... OK?

also: last week for the first time I had pasta with red sauce and bacon. pretty great. i had had carbonara, but never bacon with red sauce.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 11, 2009, 09:08:57 pm
Did our dreams... match?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 14, 2009, 08:43:36 pm
Bacon Lube is so passe.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 14, 2009, 08:53:06 pm
Unless you're Kermit the Frog.

Then it works.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: smick on May 14, 2009, 09:20:55 pm
Bacon lube posting saying "Hey Bobby have you seen" but being all meta and assuming that you've seen it in the text despite my meta-meta form of telling you via message in 3...2...
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 14, 2009, 10:02:04 pm
Bacon lube posting saying "Hey Bobby have you seen" but being all meta and assuming that you've seen it in the text despite my meta-meta form of telling you via message in 3...2...

See how behind the times you are?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 15, 2009, 01:34:21 pm
Bobby thinks this thread is about him.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 15, 2009, 01:55:15 pm
Bobby thinks this thread is about him.

This board is about me. Know your place.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on July 08, 2009, 04:32:31 pm
Bacon Tat. (http://www.walyou.com/blog/2009/07/08/bacon-tattoo/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on July 10, 2009, 01:49:07 am
There are worse things to permanently put upon your body, but there are probably some better things.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 10, 2009, 12:43:29 pm
There are worse things to permanently put upon your body, but there are probably some better things.

If the herpes virus evolves so that its sores taste like bacon, it's over for humanity.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 10, 2009, 03:15:17 pm
Why so gross, Bobby? Why so gross? Yeck.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on July 10, 2009, 11:03:24 pm
I visited Archie McPhee (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3708269526/).
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: miles on July 10, 2009, 11:35:40 pm
If the herpes virus evolves so that its sores taste like bacon, it's over for humanity.


Nah, herpes never killed anyone... or has it?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 18, 2009, 07:18:49 pm
Nah, herpes never killed anyone... or has it?

No, but SEA MONSTERS MADE OF MEAT have:

http://hottestsnaps.blogspot.com/2009/02/meat-ship-made-out-of-20-sausages-48.html
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on July 23, 2009, 03:53:26 pm
Bacon board game. (http://www.mcphee.com/items/11952.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2009, 04:23:54 pm
Bacon board game. (http://www.mcphee.com/items/11952.html)


you'll have to navigate your way through areas like ... the Wiener Wasteland and the Sausage Sea.

So it's like the Game of Life, except with more metaphors for not getting laid?

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on July 23, 2009, 04:36:44 pm
wait - did wombles just introduce something bacon to tony tetrahedron? ladies and gentlemen that's the reaction of a dude seeing something new.

in which case: ALL HAIL QUEEN WOMBAT!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on July 23, 2009, 05:28:56 pm
In general wombats appear to have not even evolved to the "hanging out with other wombats" system yet.

Quote
Wombats are usually not social animals. Burrows are occupied by a single wombat 70% of the time.

Of course, much remains to be learned...

Quote
Wombats are very difficult to study because they are shy and hard to trap

so for all we know they are sending email to each other and posting on messageboards from those solitary burrows.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 23, 2009, 06:28:08 pm
"shy and hard to trap"?

(http://deathby1000papercuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wombat.jpg)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on July 23, 2009, 07:16:51 pm
Alright everybody, it's time to see a wombat's junk.

BOO TO THAT!!!

How do you know that a wombat's junk is bad?

IT MUST BE!
WHY FIND OUT!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on July 23, 2009, 10:07:30 pm
I am passing on the opportunity to be needlessly crude.  I already offended R#### once this week on FB.

(name redacted to protect the innocent).
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 05, 2009, 02:45:59 pm
GAZE, YE MORTALS, UPON THIS AND DESPAIR (http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/pizzaburger.jpeg)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on August 05, 2009, 03:27:04 pm
that was so old my granddad is laughing at you from beyond the grave
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2009, 04:24:06 pm
GAZE, YE MORTALS, UPON THIS AND DESPAIR (http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/pizzaburger.jpeg)
Wow.  I especially liked the E. coli O157 H7 -friendly rareness of the ground beef filling.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2009, 07:08:15 pm
Also the salmonella chaser from the egg mixed into the beef.  You'd better have a temperature probe for that bad boy with all the thermal mass and questionably sourced ingredients.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2009, 09:29:35 pm
Impressive.

Suggestions:  Contains too much hamburger, about half as thick would be perfect.  Add lettuce and tomatoes, etc. to complete the hamburger effect.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on August 28, 2009, 05:19:35 am
It has a 10-year shelf life (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-candy/c399/zoom/)!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 28, 2009, 05:55:30 am
Bacon Keeps Well (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3225268577/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2009, 01:28:01 pm
hey smick post that list to that bacon bra or whatever if you want credit

irc is not "on the record" as far as these douches are concerned
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2009, 03:02:16 pm
Bacon Keeps Well (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3225268577/)

I'm glad I didn't see this till eight months later, so we know you survived.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on August 28, 2009, 03:26:50 pm
where are you on irc robert
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2009, 03:29:50 pm
where are you on irc robert

multiple servers. smick and i are on one that is unrelated to touamb and unrelated to the one that touamb used to be on.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on August 28, 2009, 03:32:06 pm
that's nice

ben-san and i are on dal.net waiting for people to join #touamb

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 28, 2009, 03:58:59 pm
you may want to start a new thread advertising this so more people see it
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2009, 09:04:23 pm
Bacon narwhal.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35969891@N08/3863606183/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/35969891@N08/3863606183/)

Is dal.net something made out of bacon?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 29, 2009, 02:39:22 pm
dal.net is something made out of lentils, obviously.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on August 29, 2009, 03:29:47 pm
dal.net is something made out of lentils, obviously.

Sounds like some sort of lentil harvesting method.  Or a way to protect them from birds.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 24, 2009, 04:36:22 am
turbacoducken:

http://www.good.is/post/this-is-why-youre-fat/
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2009, 06:54:53 am
I can't look at that without thinking that it is merely a trap constructed by a spider or a giant, ugly giraffe intent upon eating humans who are drawn by the repulsive, yet irresistible form of said trap.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 05:21:46 pm
Bacon flavored envelopes. (http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/11/mmmvelopes-bacon-flavored-envelopes.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on November 19, 2009, 04:46:04 am
"You don't need to refrigerate them."
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: TedStriker on November 19, 2009, 02:47:06 pm
Why is it that this is the first time that I've ever heard of envelopes where the adhesive doesn't taste like Satan's taint? Is our semi-edible glue technology really that feeble?  Surely the Japanese can make envelopes that taste like either wasabi or coquettish underage girls.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2009, 06:54:57 pm
Why is it that this is the first time that I've ever heard of envelopes where the adhesive doesn't taste like Satan's taint? Is our semi-edible glue technology really that feeble?  Surely the Japanese can make envelopes that taste like either wasabi or coquettish underage girls.

i am completely capable of believing that the japanese are not originally from this planet, even...
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Ben-San on November 19, 2009, 10:07:21 pm
Why is it that this is the first time that I've ever heard of envelopes where the adhesive doesn't taste like Satan's taint? Is our semi-edible glue technology really that feeble?  Surely the Japanese can make envelopes that taste like either wasabi or coquettish underage girls.

I found a company (http://www.angelfire.com/magic/snowboard/) that makes envelopes in a variety of fruit and candy flavors, but their website is terrible and hosted on Angelfire.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 23, 2009, 02:04:39 pm
in b4 bacon tattoo

http://ugliesttattoos.com/2009/11/22/funny-tattoos-this-tattoo-needs-to-be-drained-on-a-paper-towel/


and bacon erotica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_iRnhNsyK8
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on November 23, 2009, 03:42:18 pm
Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure? (http://www.cynical-c.com/?p=15347&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cynical-c%2FnxDH+%28Cynical-C+Blog%29)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 23, 2009, 05:51:29 pm
Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure? (http://www.cynical-c.com/?p=15347&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cynical-c%2FnxDH+%28Cynical-C+Blog%29)

i saw that in the archie mcphee catalog.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on November 23, 2009, 08:06:22 pm
i saw that in the archie mcphee catalog.

Oh, don't you start.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jacques_schitt on November 25, 2009, 05:24:40 am
and bacon erotica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_iRnhNsyK8

$6 seems very reasonable for that burger.

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 25, 2009, 05:55:43 am
Carl's Jr. named their youtube account after their target demographic? Well I'll be.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 25, 2009, 06:00:00 am
They introduced "The Big Carl" at Carl's Junior recently and... what with my brother's up-and-down health, empty calories are great for the dude and so there are many Big Carls purchased for him.

However: we have both gotten into the habit of calling them "Hot Carls" after the imaginary sex act that middle-schoolers joke about as an in-joke.

And... now I just call them that reflexively.

And I am afraid that someday I am really going to get into a lot of explaining because of this problem.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 25, 2009, 07:55:00 am
And... now I just call them that reflexively.

And I am afraid that someday I am really going to get into a lot of explaining because of this problem.

hopefully you dont accidentally unleash that on some unsuspecting nephew...
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on December 01, 2009, 09:38:07 pm
uh-oh (http://comics.com/bc/2009-12-01/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 01, 2009, 09:53:42 pm
(http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/bc0105g.gif)

(I have to post this any time the comic strip B.C. is mentioned)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on December 02, 2009, 05:36:23 pm
I just got an email announcing this as a new product two minutes ago. Did I get it in before Bobby saw it?

http://www.baconpop.com/ (http://www.baconpop.com/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Drygioni on December 03, 2009, 04:32:03 am
I. fuck*ng. Love. Bacon.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on December 03, 2009, 04:39:27 am
baconpop makes me sad that it's by the same people that make bacon salt. if their product didn't blow chunks this world would be a much better place. these guys, though, they're committing crimes against bacon.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 03, 2009, 06:53:57 am
I just got an email announcing this as a new product two minutes ago. Did I get it in before Bobby saw it?

http://www.baconpop.com/ (http://www.baconpop.com/)

i was SO afraid that it was going to be a carbonated soft drink!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on December 07, 2009, 05:21:05 pm
The contents of this mug just look horrifying: http://www.walyou.com/blog/2009/12/07/bacon-mug-design/
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 07, 2009, 05:55:15 pm
The contents of this mug just look horrifying: http://www.walyou.com/blog/2009/12/07/bacon-mug-design/

Looks like root beer to my eyes, or perhaps real beer (something dark and thick, like Guinness?) 
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on December 07, 2009, 06:52:53 pm
Can't be real beer - the delicious baconfat would destroy the head.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 07, 2009, 06:58:19 pm
My best guess is that it's supposed to be crema on top of espresso
(http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-14463325294384/Perfect-Espresso-Shot)

It does look a bit like gravy, though.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on December 21, 2009, 03:15:00 pm
(http://epicwinftw.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/500x_baconsunrise.jpg)
http://epicwinftw.com/2009/12/20/bacon-sunrise-is-the-only-sunrise-i-love/ (http://epicwinftw.com/2009/12/20/bacon-sunrise-is-the-only-sunrise-i-love/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2009, 03:58:01 pm
What the hell is that green stuff doing on the bacon! Blasphemy!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on December 21, 2009, 04:51:38 pm
(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qQmoPtLV3QY/Sy3BWOEOEsI/AAAAAAAAExw/RGmlyyzCf9E/s1600-h/DSC07806.jpg)

http://thisishowiwillgetfamous.blogspot.com/2009/12/onion-dog.html

bacon-wrapped hot-dog-stuffed onion
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 22, 2009, 02:11:17 am
(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qQmoPtLV3QY/Sy3BWOEOEsI/AAAAAAAAExw/RGmlyyzCf9E/s1600-h/DSC07806.jpg)

http://thisishowiwillgetfamous.blogspot.com/2009/12/onion-dog.html

bacon-wrapped hot-dog-stuffed onion

They shoulda chopped the hot dogs and literally stuffed the onion like a turkey.  Carve a wide-diameter core into the center of the onion, one that doesn't go all the way through, and pack that sucker full of chopped meat bits.  Then cork the core with a chunk of the removed onion, and grill/roast.  Then, it truly could be eaten like an apple.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 05, 2010, 03:28:48 pm
TACTICAL BACON

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=423961

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2112110&cat=172&
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2010, 04:36:40 pm
TACTICAL BACON

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=423961

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2112110&cat=172&

Sixteen bucks for a product that basically already exist and can be had for $3.  I guess that extra 13 dollars is worth it for a silly package.

But it's true, it defiinitely will last 10 years (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3225268577/) (or more).
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on January 05, 2010, 10:44:10 pm
It has a 10-year shelf life (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-candy/c399/zoom/)!

oh snap
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on February 23, 2010, 10:54:42 pm
Too flabbergasted to think of a clever comment on this. Coconut curry lime candied bacon?
http://www.thestickypig.com/ (http://www.thestickypig.com/)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: side_show on February 24, 2010, 02:53:49 pm
Too flabbergasted to think of a clever comment on this. Coconut curry lime candied bacon?
http://www.thestickypig.com/ (http://www.thestickypig.com/)

I can see the Coconut curry lime thing working - sweet, savoury with a tangy balance?  That could work for my palate.  What is up with the Bacon Vixen who created this stuff?  You know how sometimes people create a fictional persona to better their lives?  I think that is what this lady did, only then it became real... or as real as an online business I've never ordered anything from is.  She is all "hey boys come eat my bacon candy, and also, look at my tits!"  Good on her.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 24, 2010, 03:37:04 pm
I can see the Coconut curry lime thing working - sweet, savoury with a tangy balance?  That could work for my palate.  What is up with the Bacon Vixen who created this stuff?  You know how sometimes people create a fictional persona to better their lives?  I think that is what this lady did, only then it became real... or as real as an online business I've never ordered anything from is.  She is all "hey boys come eat my bacon candy, and also, look at my tits!"  Good on her.
I haven't looked at the site yet, but Carol Adams would have a field day.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2010, 04:23:59 pm
I missed the bacon vixen the first time I looked.  Thanks for the heads up Smells.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 24, 2010, 04:46:55 pm
bacon and tits?  there arent many other things that are worth a damn.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on February 24, 2010, 05:05:47 pm
Bacontits?

I think Pedro just got a new nickname.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on February 24, 2010, 11:15:45 pm
Bacontits?

I think Pedro just got a new nickname.

JL == Rod Huggins
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 25, 2010, 01:08:44 am
JL == Rod Huggins

... oh i get it..... its like a euphemism.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2010, 03:18:05 am
Bacon has jumped the shark (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-02-23/stop-the-bacon-insanity/). According to this guy.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 25, 2010, 04:12:51 am
just another one of those chowderheads who show up every six months because he ate too much bacon
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 04:35:23 am
Bacon tried to jump the shark, but instead the shark jumped up and ate the bacon in mid flight because it was so delicious.

I'll bet bacon wrapped shark steaks are delicious.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on February 25, 2010, 05:56:20 am
I'll bet bacon wrapped shark steaks are delicious.
Paul loses a can for stating the obvious.

(you didn't really lose a can)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2010, 08:21:51 am
Bacon wrapped shark Bacon?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Drygioni on February 25, 2010, 11:54:47 am
Guys guys guys

I just realised

This is important

Do you eat that crappy bacon which is really fatty, known as 'American' or 'Belly Bacon', or back/side bacon where you actually get lots of meat with a little bit of fat around the edges?

Because I cannot abide the former of those two products but I would ******* my own ****** to get a week's supply of the latter stuff
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2010, 11:58:08 am
If you ##### your ***** just right, what's left over is actually a fairly passable bacon substitute.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: side_show on February 25, 2010, 03:17:15 pm
In North America, the fatty stuff is typically just referred to as "bacon" while the meatier kind is called "Canadian bacon" (yes, even in Canada).  I think they both have their culinary place, and are both majestic in their own ways.

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2010, 05:16:23 pm
Much like the Canadian and US versions of Olympic hockey teams. At least this year, anyway.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 05:19:01 pm
the meatier kind is called "Canadian bacon" (yes, even in Canada).

I have a Canadian living in my driveway (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4222763972/) who begs to differ with you on that fact.  But then again, she thought risotto was pasta (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5432.msg148160.html#msg148160) so her knowledge is suspect.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2010, 05:20:56 pm
Back in high school, when people used to ponder aloud the intricacies of such koans as "What do they call french fries in France*?" and "What do they call Canadian Bacon in Canada," I would respond with, "What do they call American cheese in America?"

*for those of you who don't speak French and may wonder about this, they are translated roughly as "potato fries," or, more literally, "fried apples of the earth."
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 05:27:01 pm
What do they call Texas Toast in Texas.  And since I always have a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3308536181/).
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2010, 05:32:40 pm
What is Texas toast, anyway?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on February 25, 2010, 05:33:17 pm
I have a Canadian living in my driveway (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4222763972/) who begs to differ with you on that fact.  But then again, she thought risotto was pasta (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5432.msg148160.html#msg148160) so her knowledge is suspect.
Perhaps she's aware, but her www.gypsymermaid.com address seems to be broken
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 05:34:45 pm
What is Texas toast, anyway?

It's grilled toast, just bigger is all.

Perhaps she's aware, but her www.gypsymermaid.com address seems to be broken

I'll let her know.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2010, 05:36:36 pm
What is Texas toast, anyway?

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but Texas toast is thick-sliced bread, buttered and oven-toasted 'til crispy. It can be topped with garlic and/or cheese, but they key feature is that it is sliced an inch thick or more.

Mmmmmmmmm, toasty.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 25, 2010, 06:00:59 pm
I have a Canadian living in my driveway (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4222763972/)
Is that an LLV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_LLV)?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2010, 06:03:34 pm
Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but Texas toast is thick-sliced bread, buttered and oven-toasted 'til crispy. It can be topped with garlic and/or cheese, but they key feature is that it is sliced an inch thick or more.

Mmmmmmmmm, toasty.

So it's garlic bread that sometimes has no garlic on it? The hell?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 25, 2010, 06:19:24 pm
Is that an LLV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_LLV)?
No, you goober. As much as you like LLVs, it is a FedEx truck (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/FedEx_truck,_Chicago,_IL.JPG). Why do you care, anyway?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 25, 2010, 06:25:21 pm
So it's garlic bread that sometimes has no garlic on it? The hell?

there are more things in heaven and earth, cortjstr, than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 10:35:40 pm
Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but Texas toast is thick-sliced bread, buttered and oven-toasted 'til crispy. It can be topped with garlic and/or cheese, but they key feature is that it is sliced an inch thick or more.

Texas Toast is thick sliced white bread like you say and you can toast it in the oven if you like and put toppings on it; it's just bread so it's versatile (http://www.burgerbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/whataburger_patty.jpg) and you can do anything with it, but that's not typical in my experience.  It's butter toasted on a griddle or in a skillet and served as an accompaniment to a steak or chicken fried steak typically. 


I just read the wiki and it agrees with you about the oven toasting.  First time I've found Wikipedia to be wrong.  This (http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/texas_toast/) article  about the origins of Texas Toast agree with me about the griddle toasting.  Oddly enough that article references the Wikipedia which disagrees with it.

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 10:44:22 pm
Is that an LLV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_LLV)?

It's a postal truck she says, but I don't know if it's an LLV, possibly.

No, you goober. As much as you like LLVs, it is a FedEx truck (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/FedEx_truck,_Chicago,_IL.JPG). Why do you care, anyway?

Could be.

She's not home right now or I'd ask her.

I checked out the markings on it and all I could find was on the front it said "Klubmaster" and "Supervan."

Anyway, Here's (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4207314307/) another view of it.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on February 26, 2010, 12:16:35 am
Texas toast makes a fine base for French Toast.  That'd probably get me tarred and feathered in some parts.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Mr Trout on February 26, 2010, 01:15:51 am
I don't know about tarred and feathered, but in my opinion the best bread for french toast in fresh challah.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on February 26, 2010, 03:58:19 am
a stale baguette, split lengthwise, soaked for an hour in eggs and milk
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jay-ell on February 26, 2010, 04:43:24 am
Texas toast makes a fine base for French Toast.  That'd probably get me tarred and feathered in some parts.

Or battered and fried.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2010, 06:51:33 pm
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/03/26/cooking-some-bacon-the-machine-gun-method/

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 13, 2010, 12:07:53 pm
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs493.ash1/26928_117770784905165_100000167321792_307233_6025822_n.jpg)

BACON AT-AT
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2010, 12:54:53 pm
That is, without a doubt, the finest bacon AT-AT I have ever seen.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2010, 01:52:56 pm
Damn, I almost posted that yesterday, but I was sure Bobby must have already seen it.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 13, 2010, 02:48:52 pm
Damn, I almost posted that yesterday, but I was sure Bobby must have already seen it.

He did. He was however out on procurements all day.  80 lb of bacon is going to be ordered tomorrow.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 13, 2010, 06:58:16 pm
http://www.recipestar.com/pages/bacon_life
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 03, 2010, 12:45:15 am
bacon season is over i now return to not caring about bacon for another nine months or so
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 03, 2010, 12:55:24 am
http://www.recipestar.com/pages/bacon_life

according to that other quiz, to a cannibal, i would taste like grilled beef.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 03, 2010, 01:20:53 am
bacon season is over i now return to not caring about bacon for another nine months or so


I, on the other hand, spent the day wondering why I don't eat more bacon. Bobby is an evil man.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: CortJstr on May 03, 2010, 01:52:44 am
I, on the other hand, spent the day wondering why I don't eat more bacon. Bobby is an evil man.

I didn't get bacon on my burger at dinner on the theory that it would just be inferior compared to the bacon yesterday.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 03, 2010, 02:08:39 am
I didn't get bacon on my burger at dinner on the theory that it would just be inferior compared to the bacon yesterday.

That bacon was absolutely amazing. Definitely going with it again next year. The only downside is that, being actually honestly made, it's not pumped full of water and sugar and therefore is deliciously fatty -- and makes you full after a reasonable amount. Health bacon, grr.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Drygioni on May 03, 2010, 04:13:20 am
AMERICDAQN BACIN IS NOT LIKE ENGKISH BACON!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 03, 2010, 04:14:16 am
AMERICDAQN BACIN IS NOT LIKE ENGKISH BACON!

Also, American spelling is not like English spelling.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Choop on May 03, 2010, 05:04:55 am
bob do you drive a scion coupe

(http://i.imgur.com/wirR5.jpg)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: lprkn on May 03, 2010, 05:07:15 am
AMERICDAQN BACIN IS NOT LIKE ENGKISH BACON!

And Monday morning appears to be a completely different thing entirely.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Drygioni on May 03, 2010, 02:35:33 pm
My point still stands.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 03, 2010, 02:40:57 pm
bob do you drive a scion coupe

(http://i.imgur.com/wirR5.jpg)

Now my enemies can find me!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2010, 01:01:58 am
I say yuck.
http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup (http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on May 12, 2010, 03:20:29 pm
Maybe in a Bloody Mary?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 12, 2010, 03:30:54 pm
Maybe in a Bloody Mary?

In a Rauchsbieratini
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 14, 2010, 06:40:52 pm
here (http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129157688603872774.jpg)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Mr Trout on May 15, 2010, 01:48:46 am
here (http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129157688603872774.jpg)

... and then write a song about it?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: wombat on May 27, 2010, 08:10:14 pm
This is the nightmare you have after eating too much bacon. (http://zoomar.tumblr.com/post/638266066/this-is-the-nightmare-you-have-after-eating-too)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on May 27, 2010, 08:34:33 pm
Horrible!
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Doc on May 27, 2010, 09:02:14 pm
Awesome.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 04, 2010, 02:05:21 pm
bacon alarm clock
http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 04, 2010, 02:17:34 pm
bacon alarm clock
http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

that is from bacon today, which is of course on the side bar of our corporate page:

www.baconautics.com

Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on June 04, 2010, 09:48:27 pm
bacon alarm clock
http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
God, that is a work of genius.  If only no night-before fumbling with frozen bacon was required.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on July 08, 2010, 04:24:51 pm
Bacon Turtles (http://klg2a.blogspot.com/2010/02/super-bowl-bacon-cheese-turtleburger.html)
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 08, 2010, 05:04:04 pm
that is from bacon today, which is of course on the side bar of our corporate page:

www.baconautics.com



Do you get many orders from your website that has absolutely no way for me to know what exactly I'm buying, how much it costs, or how to buy it?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2013, 06:12:13 pm
We haven't talked about bacon (http://baconalia.dennys.com/) in awhile.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 25, 2013, 12:24:53 pm
We haven't talked about bacon (http://baconalia.dennys.com/) in awhile.

Bacon is so passe now. The new thing is steak cooked on himalayan salt blocks.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: miles on March 26, 2013, 06:38:50 am
Bacon is so passe now. The new thing is steak cooked on himalayan salt blocks.

That really is a thing: http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/Resources/Cook-Steak-On-Himalayan-Salt-Block

And that website is for a store in Portland. Figures.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2013, 03:31:46 pm
Are there any purported attributes to cooking a steak this way other than, it makes it real salty?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on March 26, 2013, 05:03:12 pm
You can probably heat the salt up real hot so you get a good sear on the steak, or some shit like that. 
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2013, 07:22:58 pm
Can you get a block of salt from the feed store, or does it have to be a Williams Sonoma salt block only available at Whole Foods?
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: AugustWest on March 26, 2013, 07:34:24 pm
Can you get a block of salt from the feed store, or does it have to be a Williams Sonoma salt block only available at Whole Foods?

If they carry Himalayan block salt at your feed store.  In a pinch, you could use Andean block salt.  But stay away from block salts from the Caucasus.  While their cheaper price may be inviting, you simply can't taste the altitude the way you can with a true Himalayan salt.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2013, 07:35:52 pm
Exactly.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: jaydub on March 26, 2013, 07:42:39 pm
That really is a thing: http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/Resources/Cook-Steak-On-Himalayan-Salt-Block
This sounds like a gigantic pain in the ass.  Clearly not for families with kids - if I take longer than 20minutes to get dinner on the table they are into the yogurt, cereal, and cheese.  Then whatever work I've done goes untasted by 40% of my household.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 27, 2013, 05:19:54 pm
I did a side-by-side test of salt block versus cast iron skillet. Skillet won.
Title: Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 27, 2013, 05:43:45 pm
Y'know, I just read that link from Jaydub and this:

Jumped out at me.

Fuuuuuuuck that noise. 30+ minutes of prep time and a messy-ass piece of cookware to produce a salty chunk of junk grade steak?

The fuckity fuck, man. Dude.



Word. I can appreciate massaging a piece of game meat correctly to get the flavor out, but damn.