The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Drygioni on January 21, 2009, 02:56:17 am
-
Post something amusing, informative, whatever takes your fancy. WITH A DESCRIPTION
I will start off with:
Real Life Mario Kart
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y)
-
Fuck your mother! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEc374FgwVo)
Oh, and have any of you seen some of those Girl Talk fan videos?
Tracks 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMyyg3G1bt4) and 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKqkcHvJN9k) from his last album. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDdpxEf9hM) isn't quite as good, but it's a fun track.
-
That Flinstones video reminds me of this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvHiiWFbBU I'm kind of fascinated with it since I've been watching a lot of Mad Men and it really reinforces the period.
Here is my random contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nkJquHnAU
I completely, unironically, love this guy.
-
Here is my random contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nkJquHnAU
I completely, unironically, love this guy.
It's Gormleytastic!
-
I like how they have the model out at the lake wearing club clothes then she's in a club wearing bikini.
Also, I thought this thread was gonna be sharing our own videos. I was all prepared to suggest it be moved to the social networks thread. Anyway, who does youtube? Here's me (http://www.youtube.com/user/Pmcd9). Not much there, but maybe I'll post something someday. Let's be youtube friends. :)
-
Excellent. Why wear a tie however? And not a hat?
-
Oh, I have been deeply disturbed by this commercial (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2OocOVcJo) every time I watch it.
-
Oh, I have been deeply disturbed by this commercial (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2OocOVcJo) every time I watch it.
Which lead me to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INfm99741E&feature=related) Now that's method acting.
-
Oh, I have been deeply disturbed by this commercial (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2OocOVcJo) every time I watch it.
Oh, great. This is going to do wonders for my insomnia.
-
EDIT: Fuck knows what I was trying to say here
-
Which lead me to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INfm99741E&feature=related) Now that's method acting.
Wow. That's breaking the fourth wall alright.
-
NOT SAFE FOR WORK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfYBw48VuE)
-
NOT SAFE FOR WORK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfYBw48VuE)
That Video won't last long on youtube.
-
But it's fun, isn't it?
-
But it's fun, isn't it?
I enjoyed that immensely!
Love the Welsh.
He clearly strikes the same key twice and gets a different note though, I call shenanigans.
-
Oh, I have been deeply disturbed by this commercial (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2OocOVcJo) every time I watch it.
"The funniest doll you've ever seen! Because she emits nitrous oxide!"
-
For anyone else like me who's afraid to click on everyone else's links, here's a nice safe triple pug head tilt. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uuqXXT7VYo)
-
Old Skool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBkc2jK-6w)
-
Sorry about all the swears, guys.
The fuck you talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqtgfjkB6Pg)?
-
More from the questionable toy (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc) category.
Self Defense + Aerobics + English Lesson = Japanese cultural treasure (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-50WJ4Z-A).
Health Concern + Aerobics + English Lesson = another Japanese cultural treasure (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDRKpMCORk&feature=related)
-
NOT SAFE FOR WORK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfYBw48VuE)
I can't stop watching this.
It's got to be a combination of the catchy tune and the incredibly attractive gentleman.
-
I can't stop watching this.
It's got to be a combination of the catchy tune and the incredibly attractive gentleman.
Those girl troubles must be really bad...
-
Those girl troubles must be really bad...
Hey come on now.
Was it not men such as Alexander himself, ruler and conquerer of one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen, who was noted for his appreciation of the male body?
Was it not the men of Greece themselves, the men who rocked the cradle of civilisation as we know it, who openly embraced the concept of finding perfection in each other's bodies to such extent that their finest sportsmen competed nakedly?
Was it not 300, the greatest film of all time, that considered so delicately the concept of manliness deriving from both strength and unashamed pride in man's physical beauty?
The answer, of course, is yes.
I am merely following in that noble tradition; by noting that the male stripper playing a fake piano with his c*ck has quite a nice body (one which I don't mind looking at, at all) I am channelling the spirit of the brethren of Plato, of Socrates, of Leonidas.
See also Stephen Fry's speech in the courtroom scene of Wilde
-
Sorry about all the swears, guys.
The fuck you talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqtgfjkB6Pg)?
I am reminded of a regular where I tended bar many moons ago. I once asked him "Do you realize that you say 'fuck' in just about every sentence?" And he said, totally sincere and devoid of irony, "Really? I didn't even know I was fuckin' doin that."
-
The fuck you talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqtgfjkB6Pg)?
fuck*ng awesome!
Self Defense + Aerobics + English Lesson = Japanese cultural treasure (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-50WJ4Z-A).
And I thought Americans were paranoid.
Health Concern + Aerobics + English Lesson = another Japanese cultural treasure (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDRKpMCORk&feature=related)
Not only is America dangerous, but we will make you sick.
-
I can't stop watching this.
It's got to be a combination of the catchy tune and the incredibly attractive gentleman.
I like it because he seems to be enjoying himself so much. Puts me in mind of this tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpBSWjTCelA&NR=1)...
Token NSFW warning...
-
what? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg89ZnNJ_KQ&feature=related)
-
what? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg89ZnNJ_KQ&feature=related)
I almost posted that exact same clip.
-
I'll just go with a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L47GQG12WHg
-
Jizz in my ##### - Piano Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70uQ1RhjZss)
-
This thread is superfluous and imperfect. Please add everythingisterrible.com to your RSS reader.
-
this song is so damn catchy, and these men are so stylish. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPlWs3oQpXE)
sorry that this is not a funny "youtube" type video. I feel like I am forgetting one that is incredibly funny.
-
Heh gangs defined by colours of their converses. Awesome.
-
Is the chorus sampled from an '80's song? I seem to remember hearing it in a different context...
-
John Carpenter's The Thing reenacted by stop-motion 80s style GI Joes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7AH4JyuNs).
-
I leik it.hgw
-
I've gotten into vlogs lately. This one (http://www.youtube.com/user/communitychannel) is probably my favorite one.
-
this (http://blip.tv/play/gp0J6Ytkkegl) joke cracked me up.
and this is my favorite, ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVYWJOEy9A) So many great lines.
-
Billy Idol's "White Wedding" with a bluegrass twist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlCWo1qdTdE&feature=player_embedded).
-
8-bit "Sweet Child O' Mine" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSv0P1oTWCo&eurl=http://www.offworld.com/2009/02/uuddlrlrba-rock-8-bit-guitar-h.html&feature=player_embedded).
-
Sent to me by an ex-coworker via their coworker.
I then youtubed it, since it was a giant wmv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAQjTDXpQk
-
Sent to me by an ex-coworker via their coworker.
I then youtubed it, since it was a giant wmv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAQjTDXpQk
Todd is going to be f-f-f-f-ucking furious at those guys.
-
STARgiraffe HITLER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SzmfZ6F24)
-
Not youtube, but:
Was Abe Simpson based on Andy Rooney (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4713521n), or has Andy Rooney been basing his monologues on Abe Simpson's rants (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4680662n)? Has Rooney always been like this?
-
Yes.
Always.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jBFbCCleY
Tourette's Camp
There is an extended 3 or 4 part version via the related videos sidebar, but that's the "best-of"
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LALgWz0xc0
YES!
YES!
-
Pfft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fPdBsjz-s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fPdBsjz-s)
Yeah. That's right.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LALgWz0xc0
YES!
YES!
Yes. Though a part of me wishes they were doing a bluegrass version of non-bluegrass song. A bad part. The part that listens to hayseed dixie.
-
Spoiler alert: It tells you something about a change they made to Watchmen for the movie. Maybe wait until you have seen it? I found it entertaining regardless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhHema5PNg
-
I watched it via your facebook. I was entertained, although irritated by the subtitle font.
Edit: I have taken quite a cavalier attitude regarding spoilers and this movie. I've read it already, and this is a (mostly) faithful adaptation, so what have I to lose?
-
Chinegro! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCXdc22t_C8)
-
i just read something which... is up there in the contenders for best youtube comment of all time.
how the fuck are you guys arguing about religion in a vid for a monkey touchin a dogs c*ck.. what the fuck is wrong with you people
I am literally laughing out loud and having to cover my mouth to avoid waking my roommate.
Actually, all of these comments are amazing.
"the puppy has a tic-tac dick"
"the monkey is such a bully, the dog is just a puppy and hasn't had puberty yet"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqhQm3_zXUM&feature=related
-
Pug barks at bird, bird barks back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEWBUI8hAI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEWBUI8hAI)
-
judy i miss your drunk postings
-
Star Trek by way of NIN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwpcUawjK0). Creepy and also awesome.
-
I am a big fan of the video of the baby dancing while his mother plays a Carter Family song on the banjo.
She is cute and the baby is cute, I like to imagine I will have such a non-threateningly-alternative family. "we are holding onto our vague cultural attachments while raising a baby."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lR-zdkppk
-
I like to imagine I will have such a non-threateningly-alternative family. "we are holding onto our vague cultural attachments while raising a baby."
You probably will. I hope you do.
-
yeah man.
all taking the kid camping and making him eat leaves.
all eating thai food early in life.
all having a turntable/LPs even though it will make even less sense by then.
my roommate and I have a joke that one day our kids will say "How could you guys listen to music like this? it's all about like... rebelling? Nowadays music is all about how to best serve the hive-mind."
Lately I want a kid.
Just found out one of my friends is getting married. Crazy.
-
"...all about thinking how you would like to kiss a girl/boy but you are afraid? Nowadays music is all about kissing *****s."
-
That made me think of this freakin' awesome blog post I read yesterday.
http://byneddiejingo.blogspot.com/2009/05/gphwarg-glarb-flang-rock.html
-
Things like that make me happy to be a part of the human race.
-
Is never-been-kissed-at-15 such a huge tragedy? what is the normal age to have your first kiss?
What a weird thing to happen at a heavy metal show.
-
That blog post reminded me of this (http://themoth.prx.org.s3.amazonaws.com.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/moth-podcast-64-david-dickerson.mp3) story from The Moth's (http://www.themoth.org/about) podcast (http://feeds.themoth.org/themothpodcast), which I listen to religiously.
-
its not you tube, and maybe it's cause i'm doing coke again, but http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/bad-lieutenant-port-of-new-orleans/trailer stay til the end, last line is amazing, trust.
-
I had to verify with other sources because that trailer was so bad I thought it was a parody. I was like, that is too ridiculous to be real, but that really looks a lot like Nicolas Cage.
-
its not you tube, and maybe it's cause i'm doing coke again, but http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/bad-lieutenant-port-of-new-orleans/trailer stay til the end, last line is amazing, trust.
I can't understand why but I kind of want to see that now.
-
all eating thai food early in life.
My mother put herself through law school waitressing at Thai restaurants.
I think I imprinted on Thai food.
-
I had to verify with other sources because that trailer was so bad I thought it was a parody. I was like, that is too ridiculous to be real, but that really looks a lot like Nicolas Cage.
Shoot him agian, his soul is still dancing HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.
Come On.
-
yeah, is so good.
This from the man who directed the film with my favorite line ever: "I will marry my daughter, and found the purest dynasty."
-
Maghrebi Arabic Shaft:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nMqX1RS8-Q
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo)
... And then Pontiac ceased to exist. Seriously, that thing is absurd. A portable gas stove? A door that turns into an ice chest? Why TWO vacuums? What is the garden hose for?
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo)
... And then Pontiac ceased to exist. Seriously, that thing is absurd. A portable gas stove? A door that turns into an ice chest? Why TWO vacuums? What is the garden hose for?
I...I...want one.
-
I...I...want one.
Me too. That thing is awesome.
-
Is it safe to have doors that just fall apart like that? Why is the commercial lacking in basic car infromation like MPG, engine size, and airbagss?
-
I think they over-estimated the market for people who want a car specifically for driving to the beach. I'm guessing that info wasn't there because it's some sort of industry demo for a concept car, those sorts of details probably wouldn't be worked out until they had it in production.
-
Me too. That thing is awesome.
Remember back in the 80's the toy cars where the paint changed color if you poured hot or cold water on them? This car needs that paint job.
-
In the very least, we need day-glo cars.
We're very close to 2015 and if more things are day-glo soon, Back to the Future will have lied.
-
A garden hose? For what? Washing off your wet suit?
-
There are classes that teach women to teach men to be less annoyed by their constant nagging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFlE48ie_Vg
Also, he did the "what?" expression exactly perfectly, I know exactly the emotion he is trying to communicate because I have that very same emotion 20 times a day for the same reason.
You know this guy just dreads it every time his wife walks into the room. Come home from a 9 to 5, try to watch some television about people sitting on stools pretending to drive cars, and his wife announces the triumph of doing three loads of laundry and immediately starts off at him for the remainder of the night.
-
A garden hose? For what? Washing off your wet suit?
Ooo, for washing the sand off your feet! Now I want one, and I didn't even watch the video and only go to the beach at most one day a year.
-
Well, that would beat the number of people who buy a 4WD SUV and never take it off road.
-
I assume the parking lot in question wasn't at the feed shop - you'd expect the people there to be used to that sort of thing.
-
I know that I've had a serious hankering for senior equine feed recently.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo)
... And then Pontiac ceased to exist. Seriously, that thing is absurd. A portable gas stove? A door that turns into an ice chest? Why TWO vacuums? What is the garden hose for?
I, er, remember this concept. It was in the late 80s/early 90s and it was a feature article in Car and Driver. I probably thought it was rad at the time.
-
Attention Wombat!
Ready... FIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGFK8c4ROow
-
New Hat!
-
Time to dance like a goofball! Come on, you know you want to! That's right, get on over here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
-
An engineer's guide to cat yodeling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEjKk5Kt3rs).
-
The Breakfast Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqM9-Fj0Pg)
-
The Breakfast Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqM9-Fj0Pg)
I liked the cereal verse.
-
Dude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Tx-I14wow)
-
Pug pushing pram! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLVLPoRXR4)
-
Pug pushing pram! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLVLPoRXR4)
I suspect that people place that little pug forearms on the little stroller and the pug struggles forward because it isn't sure how to get down. No? It's still very cute.
Edit: Nope, there's a shot of the pug jumping up on the stroller.
-
More jumping up here. Also, cookies. And a little skateboarding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrZGsNhMr. Wonderful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrZGsNhMr. Wonderful)
-
Pug pushing pram! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLVLPoRXR4)
Pug pushing pink pram plus parasol!
-
Dude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Tx-I14wow)
My freshman year of college we would drink every time they said dude, it was tough.
-
we would drink every time they said dude
Oh my gosh you guys I just thought of a totally rad idea. You take the concept of the drinking game and you replace drinking with kissing.
-
Dude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Tx-I14wow)
That's a better synopsis of the movie than the 'fuck' video. In fact I just saved a couple hours because I had a hankering for some Lebowski and was going to watch the movie sometime this week.
-
More jumping up here. Also, cookies. And a little skateboarding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrZGsNhMr. Wonderful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrZGsNhMr. Wonderful)
Look, he thinks he's people.
But seriously, is she training that pug for a fuck*ng triathlon?
-
White Man College (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFktoH-oHkU)
-
oh my god, I just realized that my professor (http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?author=11) is the guy from the Big Lebowski. WHOA.
Actually, I might be very confused and thinking of a different professor. I will research and confirm
OK, actually, I might be confusing/conflating multiple people. I will do research and confirm.
-
This guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Dowd
-
oh my god, I just realized that my professor (http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?author=11) is the guy from the Big Lebowski. WHOA.
That's just like your opinion man.
Sorry. I had to do it.
-
Highlights from Wildwood, NJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqCBCUawKY&e)
-
Wildwood is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. My great-grandparents owned a motel in Wildwood in the doo-wop heyday of the late 50's/early 60's. My parents actually met in Wildwood. Then a few years ago when we were at the Jersey shore, I said "Let's go down to Wildwood, walk on the boardwalk." Every Eminem wanna-be in New Jersey was there, and we saw three fights. Also, every single shop on the boardwalk was a rip-off.
So, not goin' back there.
-
my uncle sends me offensive anti-obama youtube videos, so I decided to send him something ridiculous back.
after a while I settled on
"I like this better-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY"
My other favorite recent youtube find is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM).
"The red bull... i ain't gonna front, that's for me, i get kind of tired in the morning."
-
after a while I settled on
"I like this better-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY"
Ah, Boots Randolph.
He needs a smaller, balder shrimp to pat on the head.
-
my uncle sends me offensive anti-obama youtube videos, so I decided to send him something ridiculous back.
after a while I settled on
"I like this better-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY"
My other favorite recent youtube find is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM).
"The red bull... i ain't gonna front, that's for me, i get kind of tired in the morning."
Bitches always be dropping they va-gi-na panties for the Snapple up in my crib. Pussy panties doesn't do it justice.
-
You seem like the kind of guys who might be able to make use of some Hander#####. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCf9NkcvRno)
-
In case you ha'nt heard already. POWERTHIRST (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs)!
-
I've heard about it for years, but I never thought I'd see it happen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00E_LVo_aTo&feature=player_embedded)
-
So 'team building' is code for your employer forcing you to have a play date with your coworkers. As if you don't see enough of those assholes on a daily basis.
-
this woman who is in several of my classes made this extremely repetitive dancehall video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rx4FAIxaTE) advocating the use of this system for writing jamaican patois.
it is weird how when you sing it, it is much easier to understand. she spoke it in class when we were talking about her project (advocating this writing system) and none of us could understand her at all.
i cannot find any videos of people speaking patois at speed, but it is really... this is not a sophisticated statement, but it sounds awesome.
she was telling us about how there is a big thing in dancehall music about whether guys like "bubblers" (as in, bubble butts) or slim gals (...skinny girls). And then she sang lines from songs talking about how great either bubblers or slim gals are. I cannot find any of these songs, which breaks my heart.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_WqicWcHg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_WqicWcHg)
-
this is my roommate's favorite commercial. yes.
-
My favourite commercial is the one for Lowes and the salesgirl who goes on about her lumberjack husband.
Because her ass is basically perfect.
I'm sure I've shared this concept.
-
Latest Roomba Theater. (http://www.wimp.com/vacuumkittens/)
-
Latest Roomba Theater. (http://www.wimp.com/vacuumkittens/)
thats the most endearing thing EVER! it makes me sad because my backyard kitty stopped showing up.
-
backyard kitty
band name or supervillian?
-
thats the most endearing thing EVER! it makes me sad because my backyard kitty stopped showing up.
I like the one at the beginning who falls off and then gets pushed along the floor when they make the next pass.
-
"I met the Walrus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk)
-
Latest Roomba Theater. (http://www.wimp.com/vacuumkittens/)
The ***** apocalypse is indeed coming, but not in the manner that we expect. The kitties will have simply allowed *****ics to advance to the point that they no longer need us, humanity. A ***** never forgets to empty the litter box.
-
In the original German? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Z_xqWdyrc)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgBdrsqvjs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgBdrsqvjs)
GUTEN TAAAAAAAAAAAG!
-
Jesus is my Friend
Zap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJya7tV2Wbc)
-
Kept expecting that piano-cat to show up.
-
i couldn't make it through :(
-
i couldn't make it through :(
Too bad because the 3rd verse is the best part of it.
I actually like the song. It's reminiscent of Devo or perhaps the Cars. But the lyrics are hysterical.
"Once I tried to run, I tried to run and hide, but Jesus came and found me and he touched me down inside. He is like a mountie, he always gets his man. And he'll zap you anyway he can. Zap!"
The finger gun and the Zap are awesome.
-
I think that was much better than the other 'worst worship'.
"Spin me right round jesus right round" from some douche in a faux-flannel and a 90 dollar mohawk is just uninspired plagiarism, at least Sonseed got original.
Other points of interest: I like the backing singers, I assume they are the members of the family not considered talented or photogenic enough to be part of the band proper but if you don't include them your mum starts up with the 'Now our Sharon has a lovely singing voice you know' and you never heard the end of it. I'm thinking particularly of the dude of gravity with the tiny tiny mustache on the end.
-
You know, if it wasn't for the internet we'd never get to see things like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTw5-Ww7v04).
We live in fascinating times.
-
BR00T4L SHREDDING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOQEG1DY5E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOQEG1DY5E)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBm2jY7yrSM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBm2jY7yrSM)
the kid isnt bad
-
Call me back when he's about 7.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8UwvPK0G4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8UwvPK0G4)
My only complaint about this video is that from any given angle, the pianist can be either moderately attractive or unnervingly Bjorkish.
-
the pianist can be either moderately attractive or unnervingly Bjorkish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2zTnaK8dc
Same artist, in 1988 at age 10 in Kiev, Ukraine.
-
I think this makes me happier than anything I've seen on youtube, ever.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch... first you must invent the universe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc)
-
The best/worst cover of 'Let It Be' you'll see all day, brought to you by Russian sailors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPugOWeZiA&feature=player_embedded)
-
Adam West and Jerry the King Lawler. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpaQlfJsqCs)
-
baman piderman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18jhC3b53A)
-
You are being shagged by a rare parrot." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY) - Stephen Fry
-
Your are being shagged by a rare parrot." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY) - Stephen Fry
He's really going for it!
-
So Obama is a fascist and socialist grandma-killing Nazi. Proof here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzSVOcgKq04&feature=related).
I blame this on Inev. Sorry guys.
-
So Obama is a fascist and socialist grandma-killing Nazi. Proof here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzSVOcgKq04&feature=related).
I blame this on Inev. Sorry guys.
CLASSIC!
-
It could still use the wall running bartender. But awesome.
-
Pug Bowling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKOQrz19Yg). Starts 1 minute in.
-
Pug Bowling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKOQrz19Yg). Starts 1 minute in.
im going to keep this in mind for tomorrow. i have college algebra and ill need something to soothe my aching brain cheeks.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2qxFkcLM0
2012: Its A Disaster!
Earthquakes, meteors, floods, fires, spaceships, planes crashing into towers, a black president, and... the white house getting run over by an aircraft carrier.
-
That is wonderful and has made my day.
-
this is an interlude from a movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXMOW1ndwQ); one of the classiest acts in japanese animation (I hope the video quality is good and that you have a good sound system).
-
can't view it due to copyright restrictions
is this how it usually feels to be online outside the u.s.
-
way to go youtube, making me look bad in front of the nice people
-
Bullet impacts at 1,000,000 (!) fps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg&feature=player_embedded)
-
Free promo for Inev's radio show. (http://www.wimp.com/householddominoes/)
-
.... can I like mercenary medicalisation of people's lives by drug companies if they do it awesomely?
-
Bullet impacts at 1,000,000 (!) fps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg&feature=player_embedded)
thats what happens to your guts, man........
-
Everyone loves getting it in the can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZX9Rv_2_C0
-
I'm meant to be going to a gig tonight but to be honest I don't think it's going to compare to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWfQODrGhuQ
-
You should probably watch this on mute, while instructing the nation's youth on the dangers of drinking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6oGwOMVeY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6oGwOMVeY)
He's like an alien with a malfunctioning human suit.
-
That was amazing. I've seen some trashed people in my time, but that dude is beyond gone. Makes you realize how incredibly coordinated an average person is. Good call on the malfunctioning human suit. He did kind of remind me of The Bug from Men in Black.
-
There are many parts of this video where he is just frustrated at his inability to make his limbs work. I love the guy who walks in and sees him flopping around like a dead giraffe, just gives the "woah" expression and walks away.
-
That was amazing. I'm reposting this to Facebook and I'm using your description A-Cap.
-
I'm happy that he didn't get arrested. Also of note, apparently this took place at 10:53 IN THE MORNING!!!
-
There are many parts of this video where he is just frustrated at his inability to make his limbs work.
That was so bizarre. One commenter said "not alcohol; ketamine." After a few minutes reading about ketamine, that sounds plausible.
-
That was so bizarre. One commenter said "not alcohol; ketamine." After a few minutes reading about ketamine, that sounds plausible.
I know a guy who robbed a bank while he was in the k-hole. He didn't have a gun, he didn't have a disguise, he didn't even have a note. He was just higher than Hunter S. Thompson and said "give me money!". They gave him a couple hundred dollars and he left, crossed the street, sat on the curb and waited for the cops.
I know a guy who robbed a bank while he was tripping on ketamine. His name is melvin. He's clinically insane. :-\
-
Mr. Show was pretty much the funniest thing ever, just want to share that notion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo4tzrxyXsA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo4tzrxyXsA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtE1HnIU6q8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtE1HnIU6q8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrlS9_n8GX4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrlS9_n8GX4)
-
You should probably watch this on mute, while instructing the nation's youth on the dangers of drinking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6oGwOMVeY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6oGwOMVeY)
He's like an alien with a malfunctioning human suit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_40rM_L0s
-
I saved your bowl, old man Jenkins!
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_40rM_L0s
Holy shit youtube comments.
-
Debates about Jebus...classic.
Also:
Thats a Normal American right there dumb downed and delusional and if you think thats scary just wait when he votes
-
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1206/dancingkitty.swf
-
that site is not like youtube and therefore you lose a can
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H6CcGiuFo
-
Not YouTube but still glorious pumpkin dancing action: http://videogum.com/archives/love-watching/the_very_best_pumpkin_head_hal_098271.html
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM
Theoretically a small computer game about a match between *****ic sumo wrestlers. However, the *****s are not given preprogrammed animations, but are rather governed by gravity and momentum, with AIs that will do their best to move by extending and contracting their joints. That is what the video of a very drunk man reminded me of: a ***** attempting to move with rather poor balance-and-motion AI.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM
Theoretically a small computer game about a match between *****ic sumo wrestlers. However, the *****s are not given preprogrammed animations, but are rather governed by gravity and momentum, with AIs that will do their best to move by extending and contracting their joints. That is what the video of a very drunk man reminded me of: a ***** attempting to move with rather poor balance-and-motion AI.
Hmm... f i s h and r o b o t s. Odd censor settings!
-
Hmm... f i s h and r o b o t s. Odd censor settings!
The first one is new, the latter goes back to the random filters that rstevens used to put on Dumbrella. We kept 3 to remember our roots. *****, #####, and %%%%%.
Other filters you may enjoy: c*ck, pu$$y, and fuck*ng.
-
Dont forget @@@@
-
Dont forget @@@@
Also:
b*m
b*tty
p*x
kn*ckers
kn*ckers
w**-w**
semprini
-
Other filters you may enjoy: c*ck, pu$$y, and fuck*ng.
I enjoy indeed!
-
I can't remember, does CUNT get filtered into cunt, or does cunt get filtered into CUNT?
-
I can't remember, does CUNT get filtered into cunt, or does cunt get filtered into CUNT?
Yes?
-
IIRC the children's story of CUNT Shortcake is something less family-friendly here at TOUAMB.
-
YouTube comment or e. e. cummings? (http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/lists/1vincent.html)
-
And all this time I thought YouTube comments were the dregs of the internet.
Also, this could be a new school of literary criticism. What would it be called?
-
Thanks RB for bringing that to my attention.
-
Stains the Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntMjDdFLZA)
Poor Fella!
-
Stains the Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntMjDdFLZA)
Poor Fella!
I am literally in love with Stains the Dog. He was a fixture on The Soup last year, and thanks to Joel McHale promoting the poor thing and begging for him to be given a damn cupcake already, he finally did get (a bite of) one. Also, his face is on t-shirts everywhere.
-
Has autotune the news been on here yet?
They just... not only are they funny but some of them are actually also just good as songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoD3NUux3M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoD3NUux3M)
Also, Gilgamesh shout-outs. Oh man. A sucker, I am, for Gilgamesh shout-outs.
-
So I basically just learned what auto-tune is. Previously I'd just thought of it as "that Daft Punk effect" so every time I heard it I just assume it was a Daft Punk song or remix.
-
Has autotune the news been on here yet?
I guess it hasn't. How have we missed it?
If you're new to this you need to see the second one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBb4cjjj1gI
It introduces all of the important characters: the young-ish Einstein-looking druggie, the Angry Gorilla, and Katie Couric.
-
I am also a fan of the newish recurrant character, the warhawk viking.
I don't know why, I just think that with the popularization of pirates and ninjas and zombies and vampires, vikings have gotten screwed over and...
That's sad. I mean, vikings have at least as much awesome potential as those other groups.
-
fuck those groups.
-
your favorite group sucks
-
I think we need to organize hipster "Viking Walks" in our respective cities.
-
I think we need to organize hipster "Viking Walks" in our respective cities.
it would be more fun to organize, execute, and participate in a viking pillage/murder.
-
This thread makes me sad because every time it comes up on my "unread posts since your last visit" I see Judy's name and I miss him.
-
I think we need to organize hipster "Viking Walks" in our respective cities.
We're gonna rape, kill, pillage and burn. Rape, kill, pillage, and burn (eat the babies!)
-
it would be more fun to organize, execute, and participate in a viking pillage/murder.
Oooh, this concept ties in for me with another active thread, Favorite Songs--I propose we pillage and murder while blasting "Immigrant Song" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svR3iXKTJvc) on shoulder-held boomboxes! (Which I swoon for whenever I hear it...that thundering, galloping beat drives me insane with its awesomeness.)
-
Oooh, this concept ties in for me with another active thread, Favorite Songs--I propose we pillage and murder while blasting "Immigrant Song" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svR3iXKTJvc) on shoulder-held boomboxes! (Which I swoon for whenever I hear it...that thundering, galloping beat drives me insane with its awesomeness.)
HAMMER OF THE GODS!!! (http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/)
-
Has anyone else ever noticed that the opening of "Immigrant Song" sounds suspiciously like the Get Smart theme?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk)
Coincidence?
-
HAMMER OF THE GODS!!! (http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/)
Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU, it has been way too many years since I last saw my beloved Viking kittens! Now I gots to get me a fix of spongmonkeys, for whom I have a deep and abiding affection.
-
Has anyone else ever noticed that the opening of "Immigrant Song" sounds suspiciously like the Get Smart theme?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dXaJk0WL4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk)
Coincidence?
Robert Plant has been known to uh, borrow from others so it's possibly not a coincidence, but I would doubt that he was drawing inspiration from the get smart theme.
But yes I noticed it many years ago. Actually a friend of mine pointed out the similarity many years ago.
-
Dang, I thought I was clever.
-
This thread makes me sad because every time it comes up on my "unread posts since your last visit" I see Judy's name and I miss him.
It just reminds me that I haven't listened to the Legal Man single in about a year. Need to change that.
-
Oh!
I forgot I had put this on my Favorites.
It is crazy, and kind of lame, but also kind of awesome. It's in Russian but you can figure out the story pretty easily, I bet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIWOwy03Uqk
-
extreme office parkour (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwRE5sOYoXA)
i hope i havent posted this already.....
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI)
Look around you! Maths are amazing. The whole series is great.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2NOTanzWI)
Look around you! Maths are amazing. The whole series is great.
Yes! Did you catch the longer episodes on Adult Swim?
-
Medibot.
-
Okay, so it's not YouTube, but it is a video. It's probably the worst day you can have as a forklift driver...
http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=114220&videoChannel=72
-
Ordinarily when the words "alcohol" and "forklift" are in the same sentence, one can assume the news is not good.
-
Okay, so it's not YouTube, but it is a video. It's probably the worst day you can have as a forklift driver...
http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=114220&videoChannel=72
Is So Good. Is So Funny.
-
Okay, so it's not YouTube, but it is a video. It's probably the worst day you can have as a forklift driver...
http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=114220&videoChannel=72
I assumed you were posting a link to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwki29-rYQ).
-
I assumed you were posting a link to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwki29-rYQ).
That was so very, very, very wrong. And very, very, very funny.
-
my own cans are transitory
cans for paul are half his awesome
paul you are super mega awesome
-
That was so very, very, very wrong. And very, very, very funny.
ive seen videos similar to that at my last job.
-
Minus the gore, I hope... Who knows, maybe someday soon you'll be creating work training videos. If you do, don't forget I do corporate video voiceovers, and I work cheap! :)
-
Ladies and gentleman, our congress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdlcnK_MI4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdlcnK_MI4)
Douchey congressmen (who happen to be male republicans) shout down and abuse procedure to block other congressmen (who happen to be democrat women) from being heard during health care debate.
Straight up Mr. Wonderful style work there.
-
I'm glad that kind of douchitude happens in Real Congress, and not just Student Union Senate.
Oh man, the time they abused procedure to block my friend from asking for a 5 minute break to use the bathroom, that was classic. He ended up having to run out of the room, and he missed votes.
Some people are bullies, and bullies are scum.
-
I'm glad that kind of douchitude happens in Real Congress, and not just Student Union Senate.
On the one hand yes, on the other hand no. You always kind of hope that the Real Adults have grown out of these kind of behaviours.
-
yeah, I want to say I was being sarcastic, but that is not really right. I do not really remember what my intention was there.
Yesterday my roommate and I watched C-Span for like 6 hours. My conclusion was mostly that I hate everything about democracy.
-
A Day in the Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc). Neil Young with special guest Paul McCartney.
-
A Day in the Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc). Neil Young with special guest Paul McCartney.
That's excellent. Imagine how cool that would be -- you're already at a killer Neil Young show when all of sudden Paul McCartney shows up on stage. Dang.
-
I think LFM would appreciate this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZN1puUwH0c&NR=1).
-
I think LFM would appreciate this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZN1puUwH0c&NR=1).
That dude's pretty good.
-
Gerry Phillips is my favorite manualist of all-time.
-
(http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/diagrams.jpg)
-
hilarious url on that pic
-
I think LFM would appreciate this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZN1puUwH0c&NR=1).
Is this the dude that plays on Weird Al records?
-
The recent huge gusts of wind in the UK made is possible for kite surfers to jump over Worthing Pier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQMzlwej4Tc). Friggin' crazy.
-
The recent huge gusts of wind in the UK made is possible for kite surfers to jump over Worthing Pier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZN1puUwH0c&NR=1). Friggin' crazy.
If you have unilaterally decided to make that a site-specific Rick Roll, or your own personal Rick Roll, I do not approve.
-
If you have unilaterally decided to make that a site-specific Rick Roll, or your own personal Rick Roll, I do not approve.
Oh no! I didn't mean to do that. I just inserted a quote from the closest post that had a link in it since I can never seem to remember the HTML, and promptly forgot to change the url. I just fixed it.
That is a pretty good rick-roll though.
-
I believe Al performs his own fartboxing.
-
Must Be Santa Claus (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/16/premiere-bob-dylans-must-be-santa-video-from-christmas-lp/#)
-
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19506317
Wall Street!!
-
Wonder Showzen is Wonder Ful.
-
Curb Your Enthusiasm, for example, would create problems in our filters, but only on opposite world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5m_mXadoU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5m_mXadoU)
-
What the Earth would look like if it had rings like Saturn's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2sQ7KIQ-E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2sQ7KIQ-E)
-
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it (http://www.youtube.com/v/SGemjUvafBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1).
-
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it (http://www.youtube.com/v/SGemjUvafBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1).
These guys trolled my school pretty hard. The three flamboyantly gay students used academic buildings to do horrible dance routines and posted them on youtube. Im not homophobic, and they look like they are at least having a good time with it, but to what end with all of this tricky commotion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7goioD30T4
-
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it (http://www.youtube.com/v/SGemjUvafBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1).
that is a talented individual who should eat healthily, more often.
-
These guys trolled my school pretty hard. The three flamboyantly gay students used academic buildings to do horrible dance routines and posted them on youtube. Im not homophobic, and they look like they are at least having a good time with it, but to what end with all of this tricky commotion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7goioD30T4
are magical properties, such as graceful/coordinated/rhythmic movement included in the gift basket dudes get when they come out of the closet? someone must have forgotten these guys......
-
I like the idea of gay people getting a gift basket when they come out of the closet.
Sort of like a house-warming kinda deal. A gay-warming?
And it isn't like all the gifts would necessarily be gay-related, either, also things that'd just be useful to any person after a big change in their life.
Like a REALLY good sweater that'll hold up for years. Something you can just pull out of a drawer and know "this thing is definitely going to make me warm".
A year's pass for the local mass-transit system. A booklet of passes to a movie theatre. A roll of quarters, a beer bottle opener shaped like the Concorde jet.
Shit that'll just come in HANDY. And probably some super-gay stuff too.
EDIT: a Leatherman specifically for leathermen
Someone needs to get on this idea. Someone who actually "follows through" on "things".
-
Paul?
-
darth otter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEpVi_RQbk)
the muppets cover bohemian rhapsody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY)
-
the muppets cover bohemian rhapsody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY)
Mamaaaaah! Yoo hooo!
OMG ROTFL WTF BBQ!!!!ONE!!ELEVEN!!
-
Mamaaaaah! Yoo hooo!
OMG ROTFL WTF BBQ!!!!ONE!!ELEVEN!!
a person CAN NOT feel anything that isnt love for that video.
-
I really like this kind of thumpy, twangy, not-as-easy-as-it-looks guitar playing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCNbacVt5w)
Plus, what a great song.
Also great: this cover. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55akR2yWKi0&feature=related)
-
the muppets cover bohemian rhapsody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY)
We should just lock this thread right now. It can't get any better than this.
-
Yeah, HOLY SHIT. This is the greatest discovery of my life. This is why YouTube was invented. Thank you.
-
Ah, the obscure muppet c*ck Bear, so called because he looks pretty much exactly like a c*ck.
A strange choice for a cameo.
-
Paul?
Yes, may I help you?
-
That Muppets video is fuck*ng FANTASTIC
Also Sam the Eagle = Mick McCarthy
(http://footyscene.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/mm.bmp)
and Alistair Darling
(http://secretperson.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/full717291darling_2.jpg)
My contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw&feature=related)
-
You know, I'd never noticed just how long McCarthy's head is. Darling still sort of takes it for the eyebrows and the fact that he always looks that fuck*ng miserable.
It's always nice to learn.
(And I can't stop wandering about the place singing 'I see a little silhouette of a clam')
-
If you like Super Mario....
You'll probably enjoy this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTo-wFfIXKo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTo-wFfIXKo)
-
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVlafWZwak&feature=related)
Can we please replace Rickrolling with this video?
-
It's like if the Olsen Twins were Chinese and slightly less disturbing.
-
I just... really like Dethklok is all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vva36XkA5E4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vva36XkA5E4)
-
Oh man, I need cable so I can watch adult swim.
If you like both beards and typefaces, you'll like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCu28bfxSI&feature=player_embedded).
-
Oh man, I need cable so I can watch adult swim.
If you like both beards and typefaces, you'll like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCu28bfxSI&feature=player_embedded).
Uh-dobe? Ive always said uh-doe-Bee
And thanks. Ive now read one book, seen one documentary, and heard one song about fonts. I am a man who does a lot of things, but I am not a man who wanted to be exposed to so much font.
-
a professor at this school apparently put up some kind of "font design rap" or "font design ballad" or something on youtube that design kids the world over love. I don't know how I would find it.
-
It's never good when professors rap.
-
Except for Professor Murder from "Mr. Show".
It would take, like, the Dalai Lama to out-rap Professor Murder.
-
What about Large Professor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdK7eFlZ63A)?
-
there is also a dean at this school who raps, and it is horrifying and embarrassing.
What is the deal with white people trying to rap, and not understanding that it isn't just saying things that rhyme? Meter, dude! flow! come on!
-
one of the funniest things i've ever seen was a "freestyle jam" featuring a "crew" of white stoners versus one black dude of talent. the "crew" broke up after that "gig."
"thankfully."
-
What is the deal with the white people?
FTFY
-
Oh man, I need cable so I can watch adult swim.
If you like both beards and typefaces, you'll like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCu28bfxSI&feature=player_embedded).
Holy fuck, beards and typefaces...I have become moist.
-
Holy fuck, beards and typefaces...I have become moist.
thats what were here for.
-
What is the deal with white people trying to rap, and not understanding that it isn't just saying things that rhyme? Meter, dude! flow! come on!
Check out Jesse Dangerously (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8zs9YwHtA). He knows what's up.
-
heh, jesse posts on brunchma, another forum i've been on for years. it's funny to see the internet link together in random ways like this.
-
That was enjoyable, thanks!
-
heh, jesse posts on brunchma, another forum i've been on for years. it's funny to see the internet link together in random ways like this.
When I learned of Brunchma in 2000 I felt like I had arrived too late to really join in.
-
brunching.com was pretty dead by 2000, so yeah, it's been a pretty odd entry barrier
-
The wonderfully insane 8-bit style animation Trucker's Delight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w).
I cannot emphasize enough how NSFW this video is.
-
The wonderfully insane 8-bit style animation Trucker's Delight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w).
I cannot emphasize enough how NSFW this video is.
i felt like a 12 year old kid getting away with something bad when i watched that. i dont know if thats a normal reaction, or not...
-
Super bonus!
-
Cute critters singing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-K5w1PFMo)
-
Cute critters singing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-K5w1PFMo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo)
There's the original. Is it a famous Christmas song in America?
-
Cute critters singing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-K5w1PFMo)
GAAAH
Animals with human lips
So wrong
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo)
There's the original. Is it a famous Christmas song in America?
No, unfortunately.
-
Bring on the trumpets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXU9Ur9QznE)!
This makes me laugh every time I see it. I am easily amused.
-
Bring on the trumpets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXU9Ur9QznE)!
This makes me laugh every time I see it. I am easily amused.
Ha yeah these are always a laugh when they come on t'telly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KamGvOzYjw&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KamGvOzYjw&feature=related)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kokQ94nY-40&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kokQ94nY-40&feature=related)
Actual snot bubbles
-
The Beatles in the year 3000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2vU8M6CYI).
-
The Beatles in the year 3000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2vU8M6CYI).
That was perfect. So why, WHY did I start to read the comments once it was done? Damn youtube comments. Damn them to hell.
-
if you click "text comments" above the comments they hide and you can safely ignore them
-
WE GOT THAT B-ROLL!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItFvB0Upb8&fmt=18).
edit: On a third viewing I just noticed the Achewood shirt. Bonus!
-
edit: On a third viewing I just noticed the Achewood shirt. Bonus!
Who owns that shirt? Me. (I do.)
That could be me in that video and you wouldn't even know.
-
i would know
ಠ_ಠ
-
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Redux (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4RFPPYxp8&feature=player_embedded)
Featuring: Andrew W.K., Bob Mould, David Cross, Ezra Koenig, GZA, Kevin Drew, Kyp Malone, Tegan and Sara, Yo La Tengo
-
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Redux (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4RFPPYxp8&feature=player_embedded)
Featuring: Andrew W.K., Bob Mould, David Cross, Ezra Koenig, GZA, Kevin Drew, Kyp Malone, Tegan and Sara, Yo La Tengo
comedy do they know its christmas (http://vimeo.com/7590670)
-
whoa, wait, I know who all of those people are.
Normally that doesn't happen.
-
8-bit thriller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16D7GB5wjso)
-
8-bit Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJy2kwU_7o)
-
Kitty Macguyver intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8vvhGixWQQ). I can only imagine how long it took the creator to shoot and edit this thing.
-
Kitty Macguyver intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8vvhGixWQQ). I can only imagine how long it took the creator to shoot and edit this thing.
that video is priceless!
-
Scary Russian secret weapon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAXaQme340 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAXaQme340)
-
I wonder if the Russian youtube commenters are as lame as the English ones.
-
The only good thing about being monolingual: only understanding YouTube comments in one language.
-
You guys prolly know I'm on board with this guys message (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU)
Merry Christmas!
If nothing else I love the way he effortlessly projects the whole 'but look at this gun! It's awesome looking and makes stuff explode! How can you NOT like such a beautiful thing?' gun owners attitude perfectly. Amusing stuff
"I ain't gonna shoot anyone, and no-one shoots me, 'CAUSE I GOT A GUN' is a bit :-\ :D
-
If nothing else I love the way he effortlessly projects the whole 'but look at this gun! It's awesome looking and makes stuff explode! How can you NOT like such a beautiful thing?' gun owners attitude perfectly. Amusing stuff
I like how he's not into hunting at all apparently, he just loves to blow shit up.
-
I like how he's not into hunting at all apparently, he just loves to blow shit up.
I think in all honesty there isn't a man alive who doesn't.
To actual gun owners: what I meant above wasn't that 'gun owners' have that attitude I described, just I know some who have that attitude. It's disarmingly charming.
-
I have a literal phobia of firearms and *I* love blowing things up.
One of my childhood hobbies was taking apart cheap fireworks to build much bigger bombs.
I reckon that if Batman could use flash bombs and smoke bombs as non-lethal weapons, I am not being intellectually inconsistent.
-
yeah, I was recounting to my parents the other day how they basically destroyed my childhood enjoyment of movies by telling me that guns are really bad.
once we went on a field trip to a police station and I was literally so scared that I couldn't talk. BECAUSE, THERE ARE GUNS HERE, GUNS ARE BAD, GUNS ARE DANGEROUS.
some of my memories of this event are in black and white. I don't' know what that means.
they just said, haha, you took things so literally when you were a kid.
-
even if a dude isnt insecure about his c*ck size, using/having a gun still makes it seem bigger.
-
Can for you inevitable, that sounds truly tragic.
LFM, I understand completely. Whilst I've no massive problem with guns as such, I'm just a bit iffy on giving them to stupid people, explosives are something everyone can enjoy without ANY moral issues. As far as I'm concerned free grenades for everyone, rationed out weekly depending on how many good deeds you've been doing, will motivate the world to become a better place.
-
American Tennis player dude upstaged by horndog koalas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ6PDgt3d8E
With romantic soundtrack.
-
This was F'n awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nbkbss7i5s
It gets better and tops itself around 2:23
-
I wonder if Paul has already seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbHnLSasfQ
-
I have heard about, but never seen it.
-
Where's the Line to see Jesus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPViKJRHyZo)
-
I wonder if Paul has already seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbHnLSasfQ
Or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nRqbQr7VGk)?
-
OMG, someone finally did it. I've been wanting to see a Tesla coil on a car for a long ass time. That is fuck*ng brilliant.
-
Pretty cool acapella version of Toto's Africa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LQlfMmW7s&feature=player_embedded) with rain and thunder and everything.
-
wittle baby otters! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeIQkaQ4tF4)
-
wittle baby otters! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeIQkaQ4tF4)
Nobody pops an otter like Maria...
-
Nobody pops an otter like Maria...
...the hell?!
-
For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d4I-HR6iw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d4I-HR6iw)
-
Maria is standing on it.
-
...the hell?!
When I saw the otter mom's name is Maria, I instantly got "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" (from The Sound of Music) stuck in my head, which then got replaced by my brain with the otter-pop line.
Sowwy!
-
When I saw the otter mom's name is Maria, I instantly got "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" (from The Sound of Music) stuck in my head, which then got replaced by my brain with the otter-pop line.
Sowwy!
its all good. i was just confused...
-
For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d4I-HR6iw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d4I-HR6iw)
Haha. It never used to be, rugby was the gentleman's game while football was the tough one where you got kicked for 90 minutes every Saturday.
I blame the continentals.
But without footballing hard-men there wouldn't be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8QUzr94sYA&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8QUzr94sYA&feature=related)
Or the Butcher of Bilbao breaking Maradona's ankle and subsequent revenge fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcBkpOf4z8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcBkpOf4z8)
EDIT: Also, I like the contrasting images applied to football; a poof's game watched by hooligans. Which in many ways these days it is. Hilarious watching a 45 year old built like a brick-shithouse Man Utd. fan with many tattoos and many missing teeth simultaneously cheer and turn red with rage when CRonaldo obviously dived for a penalty
-
cherie lily-keep it flexed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR6wtkR9Vp8)
i found my new workout buddy.
-
cherie lily-keep it flexed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR6wtkR9Vp8)
i found my new workout buddy.
I'm deeply puzzled by this. If its sincere, its terrible - and if its funny I didn't get it. :/
-
I'm deeply puzzled by this. If its sincere, its terrible - and if its funny I didn't get it. :/
its completely sincere. thats her whole shtick. i dont like the music very much, but i appreciate that shes postive/upbeat and i could watch her forever.
-
i cant decide which is worse(better?):
peaches-fuck the pain away(muppets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGTNS13SDU))
peaches-fuck the pain away(andy griffith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXiFuU7X_Fo))
-
The muppets one is absolutely amazing. I love this song.
-
The muppets one is absolutely amazing. I love this song.
i had that song stuck in my head last night. if it inspired me to have some sort of rutty-type dream, i cant remember :(
-
(http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/scaled.Screen-shot-2010-01-19-at-9.04.10-AM.jpg)You can doot-doot-doot along to the soundtrack while smilin’ Justin Long and Mr. Grumpy Hodgman keep you amused and informed while, essentially, telling you what hunk of code to buy. Isn’t the 21st Century great? (http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/get-a-mac-the-complete-campaign.html)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDx3H_hvI8
-
weird. lady gaga looks a lot like my sister.
she's like this gay generation's cyndi lauper.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sf_pogZ8jE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sf_pogZ8jE)Rowan Atkinson - Invisible Drum Kit
-
weird. lady gaga looks a lot like my sister.
she's like this gay generation's cyndi lauper.
That's a cannin'
-
Leno vs. Conan as explained by Chinese Sims. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9m1an-pQ8)
It gets good at about 1:10.
-
Good lord, how can you not love Neil Young? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WfUzNYPwo)
-
So, there's an Insane Clown Posse movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58cCV-7wp0&feature=player_embedded) coming out. On one hand, it's grown men dressing like gangster clowns who like wrestling, but on the other hand, Harland Williams and Mick Foley. So, tie?
The trailer is 8 minutes long and I watched the whole thing. I couldn't look away.
-
Ladies and gentleman, my anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
If you are aware of a single lady who finds this entertaining, Id like to have a word with her.
-
holy crap, so catchy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWM5D3MwSgA)
-
holy crap, so catchy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWM5D3MwSgA)
This was on int he club tonight, goode song,
-
So... yeah.
Slovenia is the coolest place ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA)
-
This is the best thing.
-
So... yeah.
Slovenia is the coolest place ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA)
It really is. Beautiful scenery, very cool people and an absolutely brilliant place to go if you like outdoor sports
-
Kansas' 'Dust in the Wind' as interpreted by Beaker (the Muppet) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAtBki0PsC0).
-
She (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02e5EWUP5TE) takes a picture for 200 days.
Whats remarkable to me is that she has a different outfit every time. If I did this it would show a cycling of 5-ish different looks with gray slowly creeping up my temples.
-
She (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02e5EWUP5TE) takes a picture for 200 days.
Whats remarkable to me is that she has a different outfit every time. If I did this it would show a cycling of 5-ish different looks with gray slowly creeping up my temples.
daily mug shot (http://www.dailymugshot.com)
-
Here's one over a similar time period, with far more dramatic changes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU6ojtBW0Qo&NR=1).
-
just in case you didnt feel like sleeping tonight:
dolph lundgren (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtatY7bOUY)
-
Say Nope to Dope (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBZUaYhfgTc)
-
Say Nope to Dope (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBZUaYhfgTc)
so crack is way more addictive than coke? i thought it was just cheaper.....
-
Ah, cocaine... the rich person's meth.
-
my understanding is that crack is way worse in every way.
-
Except for in the getting you high way.
You get way higher, but it last way shorter (like 10 min instead of 30-45, but still), then you have to do more, then you are addicted quicker.
Well, I am not addicted, nor have I ever been, to crack, so who knows, that is my guess from a former heavy casual/ lightly addicted cocaine user.
-
My understanding is that it's a delivery mechanism thing, you snort coke you're putting powdered cocaine up your nasal/upper respiratory mucus membranes and probably absorbing most of it there, which is better than through the gut for instance but not incredible and you're probably going to end up with a lot that is absorbed inefficiently or not at all as a function of how fine you cut it. It would also have to make it's way back to the heart before you got a systemic effect, which wouldn't take long but it is a factor.
Smoking crack you basically vaporise it and it gets right into your lungs. In addition because it's vaporised probably crosses into the blood stream much more efficiently than snorted coke would, oxygen (and anything else) absorbed in the lungs also goes immediately to the heart so you get an immediate systemic distribution. So less wastage and faster absorption into the systemic circulation.
This is all just hand waving based on what I know about legal drug delivery mechanisms though.
-
Yay, med school!
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM)
A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM)
A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.
that was rather brilliant. my favorite part: when the t-tex gets the business end of the stego's tail right in the trainyard.
-
the t-tex gets the business end of the stego's tail right in the trainyard.
and, man, who needs TT when you got T-Tex? Trother, you guessed... I'm a tude.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYZH9kuaYM)
A short history of nearly everything presented via the medium of paper, pen and the Can-Can.
YES.
-
Link Removed
-
My sentiment exactly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhzKvxnQBmM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhzKvxnQBmM)
-
You know, this happens every winter. The season begins with everyone gushing about how great the snow is. How beautiful it is and how much fun it is to play in. And inevitably, by the end of the season the sentiment changes dramatically.
-
I have not gushed about how great the snow is probably since I was ten years old, so don't look at me.
-
Snow became frozen bullshit falling from the sky the day I had a driver's license and wasn't able to drive to my girlfriend's house when we both had snow days and her parents were at work. Snow became nature's cockblock on that day and I have never forgiven it.
-
i enjoy and appreciate the snow, but it has been associated with a chore that i hate worse than mopping.
-
The feeding machine makes me laugh so hard. is hardest laugh. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNQiF89Pek&feature=related)
-
The feeding machine makes me laugh so hard. is hardest laugh. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNQiF89Pek&feature=related)
Megalolz right here
A can to you sir
-
i enjoy and appreciate the snow, but it has been associated with a chore that i hate worse than mopping.
Maybe it's the fact that I don't own a home and only shovel snow out of the goodness of my heart, or maybe it's the three months I worked at Subway in high school, but I'd much rather shovel snow than fuck*ng mop.
-
mopping is pretty horrible.
sweeping, though, HOO BOY. Why do I like sweeping so much.
-
You know what's nice? When there's just enough snow that you can sweep it away with a broom.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q)
i was stoked while i typed this post up. what of it?
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q)
i was stoked while i typed this post up. what of it?
Well thats kind of old, but my original comment was "That is exactly how I want to react the first time Im on cnbc"
::BOOM BOOM::
-
For those of you who missed it: a funny Old Spice ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChi_AOtSOo).
-
For those of you who missed it: a funny Old Spice ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChi_AOtSOo).
Oh man I want him to hold me close and keep me warm at night.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekn36qfsi74&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekn36qfsi74&feature=channel) Another good Old Spice one.
-
Giant nose dipping into the frame...unsettling.
-
For those of you who missed it: a funny Old Spice ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChi_AOtSOo).
Is so good.
-
Raptor Devours Cheerleader (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAPABJd4xos)
:D
-
Oh man I want him to hold me close and keep me warm at night.
I want that too, provided there are photos in my inbox the next morning.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDgYKSEN6M
Problem: Girlfriends dont let their boyfriends go out to bars for beer.
Solution: Teleportation.
One beer company has solved this dilemma.
-
WAHYT LIE IF YOAU CAN TELOEPORT?
EXACTLY!
-
Why lie if you can dump the bitch and find a girlfriend who recognizes that you like to go to bars with your friends and doesn't treat you like a child?
Seriously, shit like this makes me want to recant feminism. It's no good arguing for equal treatment if we as a society treat men this badly. No self-respecting modern feminist would allow herself to be infantilized like this. (Note that I am aware that many women do allow it; I would argue that they are neither feminist nor self-respecting.)
What is up with that, dudes? Do you think it is rad to be treated like an irresponsible, beer-guzzling, untrustworthy sheep by the media?
-
As someone who has been in this kind of relationship, I think the deal is that the dude wants to be with his friends free from the obligations that come along with a girlfriend being present and the girlfriend is jealous of the dude choosing other dudes over time with her, or thinks the dude is cheating.
-
As someone who has been in this kind of relationship, I think the deal is that the dude wants to be with his friends free from the obligations that come along with a girlfriend being present and the girlfriend is jealous of the dude choosing other dudes over time with her, or thinks the dude is cheating.
You pirate.
-
Why lie if you can dump the bitch and find a girlfriend who recognizes that you like to go to bars with your friends and doesn't treat you like a child?
Seriously, shit like this makes me want to recant feminism. It's no good arguing for equal treatment if we as a society treat men this badly. No self-respecting modern feminist would allow herself to be infantilized like this. (Note that I am aware that many women do allow it; I would argue that they are neither feminist nor self-respecting.)
What is up with that, dudes? Do you think it is rad to be treated like an irresponsible, beer-guzzling, untrustworthy sheep by the media?
I am very disappointed with it really.
So many adverts on the TV at the moment make light of the whole 'hurrrrr dad's stupid and mum's the one who always sorts things out' trope. Similarly, young men are portrayed as BANTER LOVING OI OI twats. Let's look at some adverts focused towards men:
- Lynx, beauty products etc. ugly/undesirable guy uses deodorant and suddenly becomes a cocky bastard who women love. If the guy is instead immensely good looking, like on a perfume or hair gel advert, he is portrayed as a flash prick unable to fully open his eyes. A lot of women I know have displayed unfavourable reactions to the men in these
- Tabloid newspapers, the Sun, the Daily Sport, Nuts etc. portray young working class men as idiots unable to read a proper newspaper, interested only in softcore porn on pages 3-10 and football. In the Nuts adverts, called 'WOMEN: Don't expect any help on a Thursdaayyyyy', a man is sitting comfortably with his feet up whilst his wife/girlfriend struggles with a menial household task. That is pretty shit to both men and women honestly.
- Food adverts always advertise 'man food' as being thick/colossal with some stupid cockney geeza in the background. Making men sound kinda stupid. In one advert a guy knows a ballet term at a pub quiz and is ejected from the pub. Oh great, let's show men as uncultured bores. Beer adverts are a lot like the one above, trying to be creative in portraying men as desperate to constantly drink with each other free of society's/better half's gaze.
It's not as big as an issue as I'm making it seem just there but it's kind of annoying. I know girls who I've met and their first attitude towards me is as if I'm some pigheaded moron. Not good. I'm sure it works the other way a lot of the time though.
As for the beer/girlfriend issue: I've always had beaus who are very reasonable. The weird thing seems to be (in my experience) that in couples (mostly friends and not in my case), the girl generally retreats further into the relationship and makes far less effort to see her friends, meaning she often seems to get resentful that her boyfriend wants to go out so often. A couple of my flatmates had girlfriends relatively early into the academic calendar last year, before everyone properly made friends; when they (inevitably) split up, sadly the girls in the relationships had very few friends compared to most of the girls who'd been single most of the year. Whilst the guys were no different to anyone else. In both relationships, they were always extremely upset whenever her boyfriend wanted to go out without her, but it's understandable I suppose when she couldn't do the same thing herself. Whereas most strong relationships I know where they both have a lot of friends it's not an issue.
A lot of long-term relationships though I know seem to go this way, with the girl getting more insular as the guy tries his best to hold on to his entire social life (which is often a selgiraffe thing to do when you have a girlfriend). Insecurity issue with certain women? Natural progression to the family unit? I don't know
Wot u guys think
-
The double standard extends to the literary world too.
What would you say about a guy who gets bored with his wife so he divorces her. He goes to Rome in search of good food and younger women for short-term, sex-only relationships. Getting bored with that he goes to India in search of enlightenment. After a few months there he gets bored again and so goes on to Indonesia where he finds a much older, wealthy sugar momma who wants to support him, so he gets remarried.
A man does that and they make Lifetime Movies about it. A woman does it and it's a wonderful spiritual voyage of self-discovery. (http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Pray-Love-Everything-Indonesia/dp/0670034711)
-
I'd rather stay in than go out, but I accept that Pedro has different needs -- in fact, he is a whole different person from me -- and I encourage him to go to bars with his friends, provided that the girls mostly keep their tops on. In fact, actually, if he wanted to go to a titty bar, I would be100% OK with that as long as he promised to come home sober enough to give me a good roll-around afterwards. But honestly, it's never come up.
He's a social creature, and I'm not, and we're just now getting to the point where he understands that I don't have to go out and get sloshy on fruity pink beverages in martini glasses every time he goes to the bar to watch the game with a buddy in the interest of some kindergartener's interpretation of "fairness." I'd rather stay in and play videogames, thanks, but that shouldn't stop him from doing what he wants to do with his limited and precious free time.
Ii just don't see what the problem is -- it seems that most of them women I've encountered feel the sane way I do, and those that don't shouldn't be in relationships anyway. I say, if your partner won't let you hang out with friends and do what you want (provided you're also spending sufficient time with said partner to avoid making her/him feel slighted, YMMV), dump her/his sorry ass.
My point is, if a woman won't let her SO go out to bars with her friends, we call her a typical female. If a man won't let his wife go to bars with her friends, we call him a controlling abuser.
-
That is true also and seems to be reflected in actual life. As my parents grow older and their friends start divorcing etc. it's always seen as the man is a prick if he leaves, but the woman is brave to end a stodged up relationship if she does. If he goes on to find someone new fairly quick, he's a cold hearted bastard, if she does it's only confirmation that her ex hubby wasn't the right man for her and she's making the most of what's left of her youth.
This is what I garner from their gossip anyway.
BUT LET'S REMEMBER
It's always somewhat understandable in this day and age for a perceived minority or oppressed section of the population to criticise the ruling body or whatever you will. Obviously women are a majority in most cases but still there is massive inequality when it comes to jobs and how the sexes are perceived. There are still many, many people (women included obviously) who think a woman could never be an effective Prime Minister (Thatcher doesn't count), Premier League referee, sports commentator, CEO of Sky, Pope, etc. Men can do pretty much whatever they want in life if they have the talent, I'd argue women are very unlikely to succeed in certain areas because of bias which is incredibly sad. Men and women might in some cases be better suited to certain tasks but their are plenty of women and men just as capable in a field as there more 'naturally' sexed counterparts.
Female singers/songwriters must at some point be faced with a record company encouraging them to sex themselves up a bit if they are to be global superstars, female writers (I have first hand evidence from some publishers I know) are encouraged to write for a strictly feminine audience, etc. I think this is why stories of female 'empowerment' over men are both somewhat understandable and popular. But not right.
JL, I think your last sentence sums it up. It doesn't help that a lot of men are happy to cater to stuff like that. We're men after all, we'd rather make an early breakfast and apologise then have a proper discussion about relationship issues. Obviously ;)
-
A woman does it and it's a wonderful spiritual voyage of self-discovery. (http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Pray-Love-Everything-Indonesia/dp/0670034711)
I beg to differ. A woman does it and she's an asshole too. Even worse, an asshole with a book contract, which is the worst kind.
-
"Plagued with despair after a nasty divorce, the author, in her early 30s, divides a year equally among three dissimilar countries, exploring her competing urges for earthly delights and divine transcendence."
Sounds like bullshit to me.
I'd totally read a book of yours over that asshole's book, Wombat.
-
BUT LET'S REMEMBER
It's always somewhat understandable in this day and age for a perceived minority or oppressed section of the population to criticise the ruling body or whatever you will...
This strikes me as the societal equivalent of picking on somebody smaller than you to make yourself feel bigger.
-
I have nothing substantive to add, but this thread is reminding me of how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.
-
All kinds of things remind me how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.
Breathing. Waking up.
With my heart's every beat, I am reminded how awful Dane Cook is.
It haunts me, following me like a shadow as I cross the lone prarie.
Like a wealthy recluse whispering with his dying breath "Dane Cook sucks..."
-
All kinds of things remind me how much I dislike Dane Cook's comedy.
Breathing. Waking up.
With my heart's every beat, I am reminded how awful Dane Cook is.
It haunts me, following me like a shadow as I cross the lone prarie.
Like a wealthy recluse whispering with his dying breath "Dane Cook sucks..."
Wow, I need to check out this Dane Cook guy.
-
the interest of some kindergartener's interpretation of "fairness."
Oh man, YES.
This weird kindergarten understanding of fairness has been coming up a lot lately. DIFFERENT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT, AND WANT DIFFERENT THINGS, AND THAT IS OK.
BAAAAH. And then of course in an argument I accidentally invoked it, and now it is rearing its ugly head all over the damn place.
Also, I am driven insane by advertising based on the "men are so oppressed, our lives are so hard because of women" thing.
dane cook is also horrible. Just, wow, so bad.
-
dane cook is also horrible. Just, wow, so bad.
I'm always surprised when I hear about an entertainer for the first time and discover they are wildly popular. How could I have missed it entirely up to this point? I know Dane Cook is wildly popular because I looked him up on youtube and found a clip of him performing in front of what appeared to be a basketball arena maybe.
Dane Cook is... Larry the Cable Guy is funnier than Dane Cook. Astounding.
-
Larry the Cable Guy at least, on some level, admits that he is a fake hackneyed concept.
Dane Cook utterly pushes the idea that a dude screaming about obvious pop cultural references and doing nothing else is somehow funny, both on and off the stage.
-
My 20yr-old niece has learned that if she wants to enjoy her Dane Cook shows, its best if she watches them when I'm not around.
-
As I've said before while Dane Cook is mostly craptacular I will never find his bit about Christ Chex not funny. And after I saw his special for the first time like 10 years ago I couldn't go to church without noticing just how many times the priest says "peace" in like a 90 second span.
-
drugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXROnzpsrlg), man.
-
Juggalo News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkC7dcxZ5_Q)
-
We the People, fuck you bitch!
-
The World's Most Generic News Report (http://www.3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2010/02/the-worlds-most-generic-news-report.html)
-
Screenwipe is the shit.
-
I've seen that before. It's funny because it's true.
-
Charlie Brooker is fuck*ng AMAZING
I cannot emphasise my love for him enough.
This is another good 'interesting' bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI)
-
carolina chocolate drops-hit 'em up style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTXJUYiAT4)(cover)
-
Saw these guys as an interstitial video on PBS Kids today, between Word Girl and Caillou.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCXVCpcopa8
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouG4GpL1-I
specifically 3:10 and 6:15
-
Saw these guys as an interstitial video on PBS Kids today, between Word Girl and Caillou.
Pretty cool. Finding classical compositions you can dance to would be interesting, given the tricky time signatures that seem to predominate. I liked the subtext, too.
-
Judy's soccer gal pals sing Savage Garden: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1929479
-
early bird special (http://vimeo.com/9679622)
the poetry of reality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cd36WJ79z4)
tim burton remakes weekend at bernies (http://www.babelgum.com/4025144/tim-burton-remakes-weekend-bernies.html)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouG4GpL1-I
specifically 3:10 and 6:15
My wife is watching this with entirely too much enthusiasm.
-
A cute old couple playing the piano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtyAsiZWktY&feature=player_embedded#at=60)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4cRw6TIIg&dupe=with_honor
YES. YES.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4cRw6TIIg&dupe=with_honor
YES. YES.
The music does not match everyone's mood. It sounds like a dance party and looks like a funeral.
-
the real deal starts at or near 1:00. you can see the aftermath at about 1:24.
a kid rightly gets his ass handed to him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQ3mXqAq_Y)
-
Better call the amber lamps.
-
the real deal starts at or near 1:00. you can see the aftermath at about 1:24.
a kid rightly gets his ass handed to him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQ3mXqAq_Y)
Have you been in a cave?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/epic-beard-man
NSFW http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Epic_Beard_Man
edit: nsfw label. -choop
-
This has been around for a while now, but it seems fitting now that baseball season is just around the corner.
Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14)
-
Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14)
Awesome!
-
That makes me want to dose and play some whiffle ball.
I can see how LSD could put you in the right zone to pitch a no-hitter. It'd be unlikely, but you could really become conscious of your pitching motion and just relax right into the groove... Of course, I'm sure the bennies didn't hurt.
-
One time I did cocaine on LSD and it was... it was not like what cocaine normally does to you. Just instantly my whole body chemistry changed and I could feel it in my body consciously, but not in a way that got you high or effected you. Maybe bennie's would be different?
-
LSD, in my experience, lessens the effect of other intoxicants on you. at least, to your own perspective. once i would dose i could drink and smoke weed all night and not feel it, so i stopped tripping because i like booze and bongs. plus the come-down isn't worth it to me, but then what shit i could get was probably not a drug of quality.
-
Alright druggies.
This is a superb advert. Directed by Guy Ritchie of Lock Stock.. fame no less
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsizQdNKhGg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsizQdNKhGg)
-
Winner of Oscar Short Animation http://www.redcarpetcrash.com/2010/03/08/oscar-watch-the-bri lliant-animated-short-winner-logorama/
(http://www.redcarpetcrash.com/2010/03/08/oscar-watch-the-bri lliant-animated-short-winner-logorama/)
-
Winner of Oscar Short Animation http://www.redcarpetcrash.com/2010/03/08/oscar-watch-the-brilliant-animated-short-winner-logorama/
(http://www.redcarpetcrash.com/2010/03/08/oscar-watch-the-brilliant-animated-short-winner-logorama/)
fixed
-
LSD, in my experience, lessens the effect of other intoxicants on you. at least, to your own perspective.
This was my experience as well. What good's a beer gonna do you when the television is already bleeding or everything has tilted 75 degrees to the left or you are being called down to hell by Jim Morrison.
-
all tellin' you the way to the next whiskey bar.
That LSD short was awesome, just wanted to thank you for sharing.
-
all tellin' you the way to the next whiskey bar.
It was more like "this is the end...Paul. You're going to die Paul. Come with me... come to hell. ...flames... That wasn't the best acid experience, but it was definitely intense. Who the hell plays The End at a wake I ask you?
-
French village went insane after CIA spiked its bread with LSD (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/11/french-village-went.html)
-
French village went insane after CIA spiked its bread with LSD (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/11/french-village-went.html)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
-
It was more like "this is the end...Paul. You're going to die Paul. Come with me... come to hell. ...flames... That wasn't the best acid experience, but it was definitely intense. Who the hell plays The End at a wake I ask you?
Were you doing acid at a wake, Paul?
-
French village went insane after CIA spiked its bread with LSD (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/11/french-village-went.html)
Maybe the schizoids are right after all!
-
The Telegraph article linked from the BoingBoing page does makes it seem more credible.
-
OK, let's get this back to a wholesome topic: animal abuse.
Animals abusing each other, that is.
http://www.break.com/index/cat-doesnt-let-dog-eat.html (http://www.break.com/index/cat-doesnt-let-dog-eat.html)
Actually, if you look at the body language, the pug is having a blast in a sick way, but the cat wants to kill.
-
I'm with Ashcroft, cats are fuck*ng evil.
Yes I know he probably doesn't actually think that, but I want to believe that he does.
-
Were you doing acid at a wake, Paul?
Yeah, I guess I was.
-
Yeah, I guess I was.
Paul, if the occasion ever presents itself, I'd like you to promise to dose at my wake too.
-
Paul, if the occasion ever presents itself, I'd like you to promise to dose at my wake too.
It's a deal. Maaaan, I haven't done acid in over 20 years.
-
count me in.
i had some acid buddies in college that made a pact (there were three of them) to dose on each others' spinal fluid when they die. skeeved me out a lot, probably because i wasn't tripping when they told me about said pact.
-
Today I realized that the post-orgasmic sensations usually described as "afterglow" feels, to me, very much like being high on weed, except it doesn't last nearly as long.
-
having not had it since college, i am reminded tonight of just how awesome hash is.
-
Can you drive a car upside down in a tunnel? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbpgZ2Dt0A&feature=player_embedded)
-
Fat Bottomed Girls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhP4jtrF58)
-
A British homosexual man singing a southern rock anthem about sex with heavyset women.
We were meta years before we knew it.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ&feature=related)
DO YOU LOVE EGGS TOO
-
Fat Bottomed Girls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhP4jtrF58)
it seems like stylistically, a capella and queen would clash. yet, the harmonies can make for perfect cover versions.
-
http://www.break.com/index/we-got-that-b-roll.html
they've got that b-roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIDjMCxNHSg
I never knew who mike tyson really was until I saw some of his interviews. my vote is for "genius".
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ&feature=related)
DO YOU LOVE EGGS TOO
So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?
-
Queen is southern rock?
-
http://www.youtube.com/user/catlasser#p/a/u/1/qriVuyRrdOk
some cute girl singing Smells like Teen Spirit with her handsome ex boyfriend playing ukelele.
-
"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.
-
"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.
Southern England?
-
"Fat Bottomed Girls" is southern rock, yes.
I ain't hearin' it.
-
I ain't hearin' it.
Yeah, come on LFM, back up your claim. What makes Fat Bottomed Girls southern rock?
-
Yeah, come on LFM, back up your claim. What makes Fat Bottomed Girls southern rock?
I agree with this assessment. It is not by a southern band, but it is in the proper style and deals with appropriate subject matter to be considered part of the genre.
I wouldn't call Queen a southern rock band, but I believe that for FBG they simultaneously embraced and parodied the genre to make a point.
-
but it is in the proper style
How so? I'm just not hearing it I guess. When I think southern rock, I think Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers. ZZ Top. Molly Hatchet, even. There's some country/delta blues influence in there. Maybe a steel guitar or a violin.
and deals with appropriate subject matter to be considered part of the genre.
What, sex? Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?
-
What, sex? Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?
Emo.
-
When I think of Southern Rock I don't think of close four part harmonies.
-
When I think of Southern Rock I don't think of close four part harmonies.
These guys disagree (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAWl5peI8HY)
What, sex? Is there a genre of rock that doesn't address sex?
I'm going to guess 'sex with large, matronly women'.
-
The simple, almost stomped-out rhythm. The twangy-as-fuck bass, the country-style strumming in the rhythm guitars.
I thought it was just assumed. It sounds like a style-parody of Skynyrd or, like, CCR at points.
To my ears, saying that Fat Bottom Girls is Queen's stab at southern rock would be like saying the sky is blue.
I don't know how exactly to "prove" that the sky is blue, I look out of my window and it is blue.
The only thing that isn't the middle-of-the-road southern rock of its day is the lead vocal.
-
The simple, almost stomped-out rhythm. The twangy-as-fuck bass, the country-style strumming in the rhythm guitars.
I thought it was just assumed. It sounds like a style-parody of Skynyrd or, like, CCR at points.
To my ears, saying that Fat Bottom Girls is Queen's stab at southern rock would be like saying the sky is blue.
I don't know how exactly to "prove" that the sky is blue, I look out of my window and it is blue.
The only thing that isn't the middle-of-the-road southern rock of its day is the lead vocal.
i would pay to hear a bluegrass cover thereof.
also:
cycles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8) (in case you arent my facebook friend)
-
I've always wanted to hear a full-bluesgrass cover of "Interstate Love Song" by STP.
-
yeah, this song is definitely trying to sound like southern rock. and succeeding.
-
I guess Kid Rock did a cover of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-5_KHR-ZE&feature=related), sounds pretty at home in his idiom to me.
-
I guess Kid Rock did a cover of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-5_KHR-ZE&feature=related), sounds pretty at home in his idiom to me.
sad thing is, kid rock thinks that simply breaking the law makes you an 'outlaw'.
-
I guess Kid Rock did a cover of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-5_KHR-ZE&feature=related), sounds pretty at home in his idiom to me.
Yeah, and he said he's "gonna do it country-style, gonna countrify up". Which implies it wasn't that way to begin with.
-
The simple, almost stomped-out rhythm. The twangy-as-fuck bass, the country-style strumming in the rhythm guitars.
You could say the same thing about most AC/DC. In fact, to me this song sounds more like AC/DC than Skynryd.
There's some twangy lead guitar, the bass is distorted but not twangy and I'm not sure what country-style strumming is. The lyrics are way more AC/DC-like too.
I'm not trying to be disagreeable. I'm just really intrigued by our differences in interpretation. Based on the split you could posit not only a regional difference but also a generational one.
-
I'm not trying to be disagreeable. I'm just really intrigued by our differences in interpretation. Based on the split you could posit not only a regional difference but also a generational one.
Also the fact that the people arguing against it being southern rock are from the south.
I spent a great deal of time today listening to "southern rock" trying to see the comparison and I must admit that I can see that there may be something to what LFM is saying.
Although, Southern Rock is really just a construct, there is no such thing as southern rock anyway, really. It's just hard driving rock and roll with honky tonk vocals. It's really just Lynyrd Skynyrd and all the bands that aped their sound and rode their wave of success such as Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, The Outlaws, Point Blank, etc..
And if you want to get real picky about it Rock and Roll IS southern rock. Almost all of the major originators of Rock are from the south. But that's another discussion altogether.
But Queen playing homage to southern rock? I don't know, maybe, but I doubt it. They've aped genres before, most famously they are almost single handedly responsible for reviving rockabilly with Crazy Little Thing Called Love. But there are others. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy for instance is dead perfect Dance Hall music and My Melancholy Blues is dead on lounge music.
Fat Bottomed Girls though isn't so clearly an homage or whatever. That and the fact that they have quite a number of songs that could fall into the same stylistic territory as FBG leads me to believe it's not meant to be considered southern rock. Had Queen done a southern rock homage you would know it and Freddie would have paraded around the stage with a rebel flag while he sang it.
-
until a year or so ago, I thought that song was by Lynyrd Skynyrd or some other southern rock band. it sounds so much like "southern rock" to me.
edit: it is very possible that because of where i grow up, I lump a lot of stuff that sounds similar to me together as being "southern" because very southern dudes at my high school liked it.
-
Don't backtrack, Dan!
You're right and you need to OWN being right.
-
Yeah, and he said he's "gonna do it country-style, gonna countrify up". Which implies it wasn't that way to begin with.
Country =/= Southern Rock.
Also the fact that the people arguing against it being southern rock are from the south.
I may not have been born here, and I may not live in the "deep south," but I have lived in NC more than half my life now, and so-called "classic rock" is my genre of choice, so I think I know a little bit about it. Not as much as you, Paul, but enough to have an opinion.
Although, Southern Rock is really just a construct, there is no such thing as southern rock anyway, really. It's just hard driving rock and roll with honky tonk vocals.
Sounds like a point in our favor, then. I mean, Freddy's vocals aren't exactly honky tonk, but how country can you expect a British queer to sound?
And if you want to get real picky about it Rock and Roll IS southern rock. Almost all of the major originators of Rock are from the south. But that's another discussion altogether.
No point in discussing that at all; it's a fact, pure and simple.
-
OK, coming late to the party, I have finally watched the video that started the conversation, at which point I realized that I had no recollection of what the original Queen version sounded like, so I listened to that too.
And, yeah, if there is such a thing as 'southern rock' that is definitely it. And I will argue that as a total non-Southerner, I am the best person to judge that. See, there is this recurring joke in my household: If we hear soneone talking with a strong Massachusetts accent, I say "Wow, listen to that accent" and the Technical Staff says "What accent?" And if we hear someone talking with a strong NYC accent, the conversation goes the other way round. The joke being based on the fact that it's only to an outsider that an accent sounds like an accent. To the person who talks that way, it's everyone else who has the accent.
So, exactly the same, if I stumbled across a band playing that song on the streets of Boston or NY - assuming I didn't realize it was an old Queen song - I would say to myself "I wonder where in the South they come from - or are pretending to come from?"
-
Although, Southern Rock is really just a construct, there is no such thing as southern rock anyway, really. It's just hard driving rock and roll with honky tonk vocals.
Sounds like a point in our favor, then. I mean, Freddy's vocals aren't exactly honky tonk, but how country can you expect a British queer to sound?
I won't concede this point. That being that the only concrete thing that defines a band as southern rock is being from the south and making being southern a part of their identity.
If Fat Bottomed Girls is southern rock then who else? Foghat? Nazareth? Free? Ted Nugent? The list goes on and on.
Just because Fat Bottomed Girls bears some vague resemblance to Gimme Three Steps does not make it southern rock.
-
This Alabamian is voting on the side of "Fat Bottomed Girls" being a song in the Southern Rock style.
Stylistically, it's very similar to Seven Bridges Road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFjCVsNywJQ)* - Tight harmonic acapella intro, followed by a straight-up country guitar hook. Change singers and add cowbell and it could fit on an album with Gimme Three Steps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3jgkChV6M). It's not pure, but Hendrix didn't play "pure" blues either. It just seems pretty obvious that Queen meant it to follow that style of rock.
*If you want to argue against Seven Bridges Road being Southern Rock, travel to any college town in the South and play it at a party.
-
ill tell you what it is! its some kind of a texas psychobilly freakout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4lJqbv7So), thats what it is!
-
also, paul, any genre is a "construct," I do not really get what you are arguing.
although the more I think about it, the more I think that this song was in my head as the archetypal Southern Rock song, and that is why I think it is southern rock.
-
I won't concede this point. That being that the only concrete thing that defines a band as southern rock is being from the south and making being southern a part of their identity.
If Fat Bottomed Girls is southern rock then who else? Foghat? Nazareth? Free? Ted Nugent? The list goes on and on.
Just because Fat Bottomed Girls bears some vague resemblance to Gimme Three Steps does not make it southern rock.
Well, since "Slow Ride" is on "Goin' South Vol. 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Goin-South-Vol-Various-Artists/dp/B00005UKMF/ref=pd_sim_m_1)," along with "Free Bird" and other unequivocally southern rock anthems, apparently somebody at the record label thought they qualified, too.
Is Foghat a southern rock band? No. Can they still have a coupleafew songs that fit the genre? Sure thing, man. Why not? Why be exclusive?
Weird Al is not a nerdcore artist, but "White and Nerdy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw)" is most definitely nerdcore rap.
-
JL, you've seen this (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3231da28bb/weird-the-al-yankovic-story), right?
-
*If you want to argue against Seven Bridges Road being Southern Rock, travel to any college town in the South and play it at a party.
So southern rock doesn't need to be southern. Hell, it doesn't even need to be rock and roll apparently.
-
OK, enough of this, a more important question is why haven't any of you posted this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w) This is the kind of thing I rely on you people to inform me of.
-
Oh sorry, I saw that on Facebook about a month ago.
-
Speaking as a 'neutral'.
I definitely do not associate it with Southern rock.
-
Man, I think Fat Bottom Girls is at very least southern rock-y, but it might be the same thing as Dan. They played it on the classic/basically southern rock channel where I grew up, so yeah, that could be affecting my judgment, but it sure as hell seems like southern rock to me.
They reason I am posting is different though. I see absolutely no resemblance between Seven Bridges Road and Fat Bottomed Girls or southern rock in general. It seems like really pussified country. Am I wrong here?
Also, wanted to post this a while ago but didn't: man, you people really like Queen. I always thought they were just a joke (that isn't the right word), I guess I am wrong about this? There is something that differentiates them from, say, Kansas or Foreigner?
-
Also, wanted to post this a while ago but didn't: man, you people really like Queen. I always thought they were just a joke (that isn't the right word), I guess I am wrong about this? There is something that differentiates them from, say, Kansas or Foreigner?
I think Queen are alright. I'm not the world's biggest fan, but I know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody and can stick on their greatest hits and think 'fuck, they actually did a lot of good stuff. Fancy that'
Plus, Mercury was a fantastic singer, and the rest of the band were good in a way which wasn't just competent. Brian May's guitar tone is beautiful and distinctive and that always raises a band's stock in my eyes.
Certainly, comparing them to Kansas or Foreigner is massively unfair.
-
Pedro, when presented with the problem in a way that did not betray my convictions, noted that it's really a question of whether you consider a musical genre to be a particular collection of sounds, or rather a piece of a particular culture.
He also rightly concluded that, as a pragmatist, I would be more inclined to take the "collection of sounds" argument and argue that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, et cetera. I thought this was pretty insightful.
Also:
JL, you've seen this (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3231da28bb/weird-the-al-yankovic-story), right?
I hadn't, and now that I have, I'm still not sure whether it's for real or not.
-
Oh, and I was asking that stuff about Queen, not trying to be a dick. I liked that song that Paul posted yesterday way too much (I think I just like anything remotely rockabilly), and now am wondering about them again. Most of you, especially judy, have good music taste, so like maybe they are good, but that goes against everything I was raised to believe.
Oh, also, Bohemian Rhapsody. The only other songs with that structure I know of are by The Beatles and Radiohead, so that is pretty decent company.
-
Queen, especially earlier Queen -- say up to about News of the World is so excellent. So over the top flamboyant but still rocking hard. Plus fairly witty well written lyrics.
Kansas gets lumped in with a lot of hokey 70's bands, which I think is at least a little unfair. They had a lot of the hokey bombast of the day, but there's some solid musicianship there too.
Foreigner was never that great and pretty much sucked by their third album.
-
Kansas fucked themselves with that. I never would have heard of them, but instead they are touring around at theme parks in Oklahoma City and Harley Davidson stores exactly between denver and Ft Collins. Come on, if you can't get booked at the OKC Zoo Ampitheatre with whatever the fuck is touring as Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Steve Miller Band it is time to stop.
-
Come ON! You can't tell me that "Carry On Wayward Son" is not genius.
I am not a Kansas devotee by any stretch, so I've only heard their radio songs, but that one is just awesome.
Or maybe, possibly*, I just have crappy taste in music.
*probably
-
Kansas fucked themselves with that. I never would have heard of them, but instead they are touring around at theme parks in Oklahoma City and Harley Davidson stores exactly between denver and Ft Collins. Come on, if you can't get booked at the OKC Zoo Ampitheatre with whatever the fuck is touring as Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Steve Miller Band it is time to stop.
Yeah. You're right.
There are worse ways to make a living though.
-
Hey, you're right too!
-
Not on the sofa, fellas.
-
Who likes Southern Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAPhLK8qdk)?
-
Who likes Southern Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAPhLK8qdk)?
i *thought* i did
-
i *thought* i did
Canned.
-
Who likes Southern Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAPhLK8qdk)?
Me. (I do.)
Shirtless, slightly effeminate men prancing around on stage? Yes, please.
But this doesn't sound like Southern rock to me. I understand that this is a rock band whose members happen to be from the South, but they *sound* like Van Halen meets GnR. I'd call them a hair band more than a Southern rock group.
Also, I didn't know Tom Baker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Baker) played the drums.
-
Me. (I do.)
Shirtless, slightly effeminate men prancing around on stage? Yes, please.
I always understood Southern Rock to mean Creedence, Lynynynyrd Sykynyryd, possibly ZZ Top at a stretch. Basically rock music with possibly Southern US themes and influence from country and swamp rock.
Am I mislead?
-
I always understood Southern Rock to mean Creedence, Lynynynyrd Sykynyryd, possibly ZZ Top at a stretch. Basically rock music with possibly Southern US themes and influence from country and swamp rock.
Am I mislead?
That's what I thought, too, Jude. But Paul says we're wrong. Again, I think that we define the genre differently -- I define it based solely on a certain "sound," while Paul defines it based on the group's place in Southern culture. Valid differences, to be sure, and when phrased that way, I'm less inclined to disagree. I mean, basically, his criteria is "songs by rock bands that are from the South," and mine is, "a collection of songs that sound like they could have been written by a band from the South, and also rock."
Lets take a brief survey, shall we? Which artists from this list are part of "Southern Rock?" Use whatever criteria you like, but please define it for us as you do so.
Lynyrd Skynyrd
ZZ Top
Bad Company
The Allman Brothers Band
Kenny Wayne Shephard
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Walsh
Big Brother and the Holding Company/Janis Joplin
Charlie Daniels Band
.38 Special
Kansas
George Thorogood
Kid Rock
-
Lynyrd Skynyrd -- Yes, w/the Allmans pretty much created the genre.
ZZ Top -- yes
Bad Company -- no
The Allman Brothers Band -- yes
Kenny Wayne Shephard -- yes, I guess
Stevie Ray Vaughn -- sort of, although I consider SRV more of a bluesman than a southern rocker.
Jimi Hendrix -- no
Joe Walsh -- no
Big Brother and the Holding Company/Janis Joplin -- no
Charlie Daniels Band -- not really. I'd call CDB a country band that had a crossover hit.
.38 Special -- I suppose, in a cheesy way.
Kansas -- nope
George Thorogood -- nope
Kid Rock -- nope
In other southern rock news, I'm going to see the Drive By Truckers next month. Wooooo!
-
I always understood Southern Rock to mean Creedence, Lynynynyrd Sykynyryd, possibly ZZ Top at a stretch. Basically rock music with possibly Southern US themes and influence from country and swamp rock.
Am I mislead?
Creedence? Those guys were from San Francisco.
-
Gravies of the Ancients (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kirSTyLlVoM&feature=quicklist&playnext=6&playnext_from=QL)
-
A lot of folks are calling bullshit on that Inca gravy.
-
Man, Creedence ain't Southern Rock.
-
Aug's comment reminds me of a recent argument where one guy was saying CCR aren't Southern, they're from California, they have nothing to do with the south.
and the other guy was like, but they play southern rock!
and I wanted to be like THAT'S THE WHOLE THING, THEIR MUSIC IS THEIR WEIRD UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT SOUTHERN MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE, LISTEN TO THAT WEIRD ACCENT HE DOES. But for some reason I didn't say anything.
-
So, something occurred to me.
The point of having genres and categories for music is so that you can group them in such a way that if you enjoy several songs in that group, you are extremely likely to enjoy the others. So if the groupings are based on culture or geography, it seems less useful than groupings based on similar sounds or themes.
But! The latter is much more subjective, and reasonable people may disagree on which pieces sound like they belong together for whatever reason.
So now I don't know what to think.
-
Who likes Southern Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAPhLK8qdk)?
is that the nuge'?
-
is that the nuge'?
No, it's Black Oak Arkansas. Says so right in the Title.
Funny Nugent connection though. That's Tommy Aldridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Aldridge) playing drums. He went on to a very illustrious career playing for Pat Travers Band, Ozzy, Whitesnake, etc...
I've seen him in concert 5 times. Twice each with Pat Travers and Ozzy and once with Whitesnake.
I googled him a couple of years back and he was playing with Nugent at the time.
-
No, it's Black Oak Arkansas. Says so right in the Title.
Funny Nugent connection though. That's Tommy Aldridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Aldridge) playing drums. He went on to a very illustrious career playing for Pat Travers Band, Ozzy, Whitesnake, etc...
I've seen him in concert 5 times. Twice each with Pat Travers and Ozzy and once with Whitesnake.
I googled him a couple of years back and he was playing with Nugent at the time.
i forgot to quantify that with sarcasm tags. the singer looked and sounded like the nuge', if the nuge' was itchin for some crack.
-
Oh christ. I'm confused. Fuck all this noise I just like listening to Creedence.
-
I wrote a paper about how to define musical genres, and the professor gave me a shitty grade because he thinks he knows about music but doesn't. he wrote down examples of bands that would, he thinks, be put in the same genre based on my understanding of what a genre is that don't have enough in common. And looking at these bands, I could completely explain why he was wrong. I could explain what indie-folk has to do with like, math-rock, but it did not occur to me that he expected me to go through every sub-genre of "alternative music" and explain what it had to do with every other genre.
I was bad at that class.
-
i forgot to quantify that with sarcasm tags. the singer looked and sounded like the nuge', if the nuge' was itchin for some crack.
I know, and here I am getting all preachy and shit.
-
So I was attending a friend`s gig and then somehow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiTiWuKOrms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZaCsiVTd_0
I didn`t have time to warm up or anything and it`s been years since last, so excuse eventual suckitude (esp. voice) =P
-
Frikkin' awesome Deja!
-
T-t-t-thanks! ^^
-
mortal kombat vs oregon trail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_bYxH-wm0)
-
mortal kombat vs oregon trail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_bYxH-wm0)
also:
if satchmo had been from sweden... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkOYHYQ2tc)
-
some highschool basketball dudes shaking what thier moms gave them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cvs10SxJI)
(sounds creepy, aint?)
-
Sometimes Craig Ferguson has a strange intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4phHwSSing&NR=1) to his show.
-
Also, you should probably watch this review of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI) if you are a fan of sci fi and watching bad things get dissected. It takes about 5 minutes to get the character but the entire review is SO worth watching.
-
that movie reviewer dude treads occasionally over the line separating funny and frightening. the review itself is solid but the reviewer would have done well to avoid wearing that personality.
-
Also, you should probably watch this review of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI) if you are a fan of sci fi and watching bad things get dissected. It takes about 5 minutes to get the character but the entire review is SO worth watching.
Watched this few months back, superb stuff bar the occasionally bizarre reviewer bits. These days you've got to do that to interest the 1n73rn37 k135 I guess
-
That was brilliant. He did a great job of contrasting how and why the original series was so good and why the new story sucks.
-
This could have been a Wonder Showzen bit: Scarface school play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ&feature=player_embedded#).
-
8-bit DSOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euLdKW_Db1k&feature=PlayList&p=7E74E32198876508&index=0&playnext=1)
-
Scarface school play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ&feature=player_embedded#)
Stunned Silence.
This has got to be a hoax, right?
-
Stunned Silence.
This has got to be a hoax, right?
http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/scarface.asp
-
dont think I got this from here, but most of you have probably seen it. Sitcom without laugh track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_iEY9pSHT0&feature=player_embedded
-
From the guys who did the generic academy award trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavnayHg-Nw&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavnayHg-Nw&feature=channel)
-
This could have been a Wonder Showzen bit: Scarface school play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ&feature=player_embedded#).
low-bandwidth version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ&textp=fool)
-
Philip Pullman on censorship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3VcbAfd4w&feature=player_embedded). Elegant.
-
iPorn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-Urg7CUDQ)
-
The dirtiest dude in his town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVV_HXtEbLo&feature=player_embedded).
-
The dirtiest dude in his town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVV_HXtEbLo&feature=player_embedded).
That cat is in Tadasana.
-
The cat with hands (http://vimeo.com/2689070). Fuckin' aces.
-
Magic everywhere in this bitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs&feature=player_embedded).
-
"Tesla was the electric Jesus. I can't breathe." (http://www.myvidster.com/video/114083/Drunk_History_Nikola_Tesla_thanks_g3rm)
-
iPorn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-Urg7CUDQ)
Well, duh.
-
Wonderful art that is gone as soon as the tide comes in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttwxawO0ESc&feature=player_embedded)
-
Apparently, rats laugh when you tickle them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myuceywaOUs&feature=player_embedded)?
-
Apparently, rats laugh when you tickle them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myuceywaOUs&feature=player_embedded)?
"And then one day, we decided to tickle some animals."
Science at its best! What we need more of.
-
I liked the part where they were chasing his hand around, squeaking as though to say, "More! More!"
-
Kitty v. Theremin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ONJfp95yoE#)
The end cracks me up for some reason.
-
4 chord song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I&feature=player_embedded)
-
4 chord song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I&feature=player_embedded)
That's awesome.
-
Best 4 chord song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDY71E7FbQ)?
-
Big Booty Bitches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA)
-
Dude, I wish I had the lyrics for that.
Big Booty Bitches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA)
-
(the Official video)
-
thundercats/fitty-in da clubmashup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-D2rLNfZ1Y)
-
sweet jesus fuck i want this so bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0)
-
sweet jesus fuck i want this so bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0)
OH HELLS YES!!!
-
This is cool too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laza4DfU9a8&feature=related)
-
sweet jesus fuck i want this so bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0)
Apparently Indiana is the Trailer State?
-
Life imitates Achewood? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo9Df0thFy0)
-
sweet jesus fuck i want this so bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0)
I would actually consider trailer camping with that thing. My wife could sleep inside and the kids and I could be outside where you belong when camping. Genius.
-
spiders on drugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc)
-
I know I already posted the other video of this OK Go song, but have we seen this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY) This truly makes me glad to be alive.
-
I know I already posted the other video of this OK Go song, but have we seen this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY) This truly makes me glad to be alive.
Beautiful beautiful beautiful
-
the bottom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZP4Ugev82I)
-
San Francisco 1906 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINOxRxze9k).
-
San Francisco 1906 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINOxRxze9k).
Superb song, superb video
A can to you my good man
-
http://brightcove.newscientist.com/services/player/bcpid1873822884?bctid=84681114001 (http://brightcove.newscientist.com/services/player/bcpid1873822884?bctid=84681114001)
Magic illusion crazy nonsense
-
supersexy cpr (http://supersexycpr.com/cpr.html)
-
One of the members of this band is a tractor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDHzK3Xe7Yw&feature=player_embedded).
-
can you call this a mashup? gandalf v. will smith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HSNV9y25A)
-
One of the youtube comments put it best:
imagine if his mom walked in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2zrCExdrU)
-
Oh Christ, this is truly terrifying (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXGkj2ZYv4)
-
So I was surprised today when I started shouting 'My Anus is bleeding' and people didn't know what I was referencing.
So I shared this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgQqSVrkkag) with them, and now I'll share it with you, just in case.
It probably hasn't really held up that well since I saw it back in high school but eh, that's the way it goes.
-
Thanks for the memories there, Doc. It served as a momentary diversion to get this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wVORlXUIg) out of my head.
This video contains content from Disney Channel, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sometimes insane copyright laws mean I win.
-
My spoon is most definitely too big.
Yeah, I remember that. It was around the time of "Peanut Butter Jelly Time," IIRC.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czw7u0ZCGbo
YEAHHH.
-
Per Ash's request.
http://www.youtube.com/user/adrianpl7#p/u/162/YQ4QJxmRS2A
She has 4 kids, by the way, high school age.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE60zwXx1k (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE60zwXx1k)
Bwahahaha
-
Best video combining two memes: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2vOn0g-CI&feature=related) 2 Girl 1 Cup reaction replies and Chimp Rapes Frog.
-
Oh Christ that's funny.
-
That frog has something in its throat.
-
Oh shit! SO can'd!
-
Good Lord!!!
-
Chimps gotta get his rape on.
-
So not clicking.
-
I found that lady pretty hot tbf. Am I cast fetishist now?
-
I, also, found workout lady to be pretty fine. But then, I have a thing for athletic women in general, cast or no cast.
I find it a little gratifying to discover that Judy and I have the same taste in women. Perhaps there's hope for a three-way someday, after all?
-
Have a look at her non-cast videos and decide whether she's still hot.
(she is)
Also, yes 135 is a maintenance weight. She's working in the 300's with both feet on the ground these days.
-
I would seriously watch this guy's travel show every day: http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=5615&promo_id=1
-
I would seriously watch this guy's travel show every day: http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=5615&promo_id=1
Right on. I don't have time to go through all the entries in Oprah's get-your-own-show contest, but as far as I can tell that dude has 2.3 million votes, and I didn't see any others with more than 1.3 million or so.
-
Considering World Cup Fever, resurrecting this oldie-but-goodie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjFRKWk6gQ) seems timely.
-
Broken Wear! Fire Breath! Smokey Jet! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXVAqWhwSE)
-
awesome, auggie
-
Allen Iverson is a basketball magician (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8SvUr53Jk)
-
Allen Iverson is a basketball magician (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8SvUr53Jk)
Plus he's got some serious ink.
-
I'm sure someone must have posted it and I missed it but just in case:
Double rainbow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI)
Plus song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA)
-
I love the double rainbow.
-
The Ferris Bueller/Fight Club Theory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiMuj85ngEo&feature=player_embedded)
-
The Ferris Bueller/Fight Club Theory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiMuj85ngEo&feature=player_embedded)
c'est possible
-
Similarly, I had always hoped that Yoda had started off looking basically human and it was 900 years of communing with The Force that made him like that.
You know? Like Paul and the spice and the sandworms in DUNE? That'd be kickass, right?
Nope. George Lucas made sure to show in the prequels that he was from a RACE of wrinkle elves.
I don't know why. So he could sell toys of other wrinkle elves, I guess.
-
11 Annual Gathering Of The Juggalos Infomercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xewi_Gdc8)
-
11 Annual Gathering Of The Juggalos Infomercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xewi_Gdc8)
Never in my life did I think I would hear the words "Gallagher up in this bitch".
-
I think I might be becoming a juggalo.
-
Shall I explain magnets to you?
-
That shit's a miracle, brah!
-
I mean...
That was the most elaborate Tim and Eric sketch ever.
Right?
That didn't actually happen.
I mean, there was an internet movie but it was some kind of prank.
-
Ass Dan's kids look just like Ass Dan
And my two kids look just like Ass Dan
-
unrelated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY
-
unrelated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY
Well yes, it would almost have to be, wouldn't it?
-
I think I might be becoming a juggalo.
this (http://www.dobi.nu/yourscenesucks/juggalo/index.htm) is what you have to look forward to, dogg.
-
Hey, I found a ICP album in my collection. It was a pawn shop find from years ago. I'm not sure I've ever listened to it.
Sweet!
-
Also, Violent J is a total boner who doesn't have a clue how fights work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wenTIvbHlKQ
-
Fuckin' fistfights. How do they work?
-
Magnets.
-
Education.
-
If even half their songs are as good as Miracles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs), it's Juggalo city, sell the car, baby!
-
A friend of mine vows he's going to the next GOTJ.
-
Don't you hate it when this happens?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_L-miRT16s
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vSY_rB928c
what is the best dinosaur?
-
Trolls are a cowardly and superstitious lot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIp3k5pJQM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIp3k5pJQM)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vSY_rB928c
what is the best dinosaur?
I saw that one awhile ago and it made me feel like I know nothing about dinosaurs.
-
A friend of mine vows he's going to the next GOTJ.
It's comin' up soon.
-
I really think Bad Lieutenant may be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEJjjVrL1tY&feature=related) one of my favorite movies of all time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkT0eOzsJ5E&feature=related)
The only thing that keeps me from watching it over and over is the rape-y stuff. I really can't handle that.
It makes me want to watch Aguirre, the Wrath of God again. I feel like I get it now.
-
I guess it's my responsibility to post the pug singing the Batman theme?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIp3k5pJQM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIp3k5pJQM)
-
when I am upset about something stupid, this always makes me feel better. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQNx_aRZgk)
-
I... did three posts ago in this thread, wombs...
I... was just trying to cleverly phrase it within the idea of pug-bombing trolls and I messed it up. haha.
-
Yeah, that was just a trifle obscure. I am sorry, guys, but I don't click on all the links in this thread. "Dinosaur" is a word that gets me to click, "troll" is not.
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_N_5D5-f8) makes me kind of happy and kind of sad. I really like The Beatles. This version of this song is really good. I love how casual this is, and how much fun they seem to be having.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjAP0Gan5F8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjAP0Gan5F8)
"donald duck saying motherfucker equals win'
-
Military Surprise Homecomings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMlIM9zLio)
Is this a military thing, to show up unexpectedly and surprise your children (with the media in tow)? I wonder how much they get paid for sharing these private moments with Good Morning America or whoever?
-
Personally I would prefer not to have media there. A lot of those videos looked homemade, too.
This (http://This) is my favorite one. A soldier surprises his dog.
-
This (http://This) is my favorite one.
That. (http://that.com)
The other one. (http://theotherone.com)
-
An otter plays with a rock. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usIxO_beYw)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlIYK212W-s
Just a couple bros, doing there thing when Mr.Tough-Guy-With-A-Gun shows up.
I would like to believe that if that was one of my friends, one of those guys would not be walking away so easily.
-
It's official. The terminators will be brought to you by Apple. (http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/08/09/apple-buys-out-liquidmetal-patents-to-stay-one-step-ahead-in-materials-game/)
-
Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IxOS4VzKM&feature=player_embedded)
-
Oh, nerd girls. How do you be so hot?
-
Interestingly, this is pretty much exactly what my girlfriend said after going to the Rifftrax thing, JL.
She said that most of the guys there were sloppy and weird but that amoungst the girls, there was surprisingly fine nerd tail about.
-
There is this joke in my house about how I basically went to grad school to get better in bed. Except in context, it sounds...both less dirty and also more so?
I have a theory about why nerdy men are the new hotness, tho.
-
Because we're so entrenched in a global depression grinding at the throats of the not-born-rich forever that no amount of manly hard work can extricate one from and...
Now the nerdy skills of subterfuge and innovation are the only way to get out of being a serf or a serf's mate?
So nerdiness is now sexy?
-
those girls weren't nerdy-hot. they were just plain hot.
-
NINO.
one of my new favorite concepts.
-
Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IxOS4VzKM&feature=player_embedded)
(supposedly)this is mr bradburys response to that video:
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7jbng9FAb1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg)
-
You know I want one. And you do too, I betcha. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4g_U0hoOg&feature=player_embedded)
Oh hell yeah, that is awesome.
-
You know I want one. And you do too, I betcha. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4g_U0hoOg&feature=player_embedded)
Yessssss
How hard can metal casting be anyway?
-
http://vimeo.com/5401197
I am one of the characters in this very short film.
Also, some of the scenes were shot in my old apartment. Except, before it was my apartment.
I am glad to know that raw meat was dragged all over my house.
edit: I lied, I'm in this one: http://vimeo.com/5400789
I kind of think that the "second trailer" is just the b-reel so he wouldn't have to tell his friends "remember when you had to stick your tongue out and drool for like 25 minutes? yeah, I didn't use that."
I was the puppeteer in the shot where the tongue is talking on the phone.
Bonus: used to have crushes on so many of these girls.
-
haha that looks awesome in a terrible and perfect way
"take a look at my face/ i belong to the future/ and you belong to me"
-
terrible in neither an awesome nor perfect way: sweet child o' mine cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6eMW0cEXY0)
-
terrible in neither an awesome nor perfect way: sweet child o' mine cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6eMW0cEXY0)
To quote Paul: Good Lord!
-
Okay. To wash that away, an actually good cover of that song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8UwvPK0G4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8UwvPK0G4)
-
Good Lord!
-
Happy Fuck You Monday! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc)
-
Happy Fuck You Monday! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc)
I was whistling this song in the house tonight, and I'm just waiting for one of the kids to say "What song is that Daddy? What are the words?"
-
This song is going to get on my nerves, because it is so catchy and the chorus so singable that I can't stop listening to the fuck*ng thing.
-
You guys are into this, right? http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/08/26
-
So if I masturbate to that, is that technically illegal in some U.S. States?
Does anyone have a higher resolution version?
So yeah I'm planning on getting a digital video camera real soon here. So many to choose from. From $40 on up. Want to save money. But want certain features. This reminds me I probably want one that can double as a web cam.
-
these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFqeWTfVi3I) guys are cute and all, but i can understand why asherdan doesnt think highly of philippe. that chirping makes my fillings rattle.
-
This is the best animal video of all time.
Scratching many capybaras. (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=83327)
-
Out of the corner of my eye, I read "scratching many chupacabras".
I'll admit, I got my hopes up.
-
Me too man, me too.
Still cute though. What's number 1 Wombie?
-
full metal disney (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woEDTUbDYg)
-
see that's not funny. It's also not creative. It's not original.
-
the highway/highway of denial-greg graffin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMBLd4aArA)
-
devils guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnslWIYFi6E)-guana batz
-
devils guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnslWIYFi6E)-guana batz
Rockabilly has become a weird parody of itself.
-
I..I don't think I've ever seen the bass played that way. It was like a crazed dwarf jacking off in the saddle of a sad brown pony.
-
Rockabilly has become a weird parody of itself.
Canned for truth.
-
Wasn't rockabilly kinda always a weird parody of itself? Or is that psychobilly? Either way, whatever this is is fuck*ng brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwIQlJsD_Lg
-
the saint louis music scene has a really depressing love for what I want to call "retro shit." Lots of rockabilly and psychobilly and swing crap.
there is just a general saint louis music thing of like... being really happy playing boring music in a genre that was interesting (or, at least, hip) 20 years ago.
It's one thing if it's a genre that is pretty much always around-- there have been blues-rock bands since that was invented, there have been garage rock bands since the 60s, etc. But I'm talking... rockabilly.
mostly it's just the rockabilly.
-
Who doesn't like rockabilly?
-
I don't hate rockabilly but I can't say I've ever found it actively interesting.
Probably some of it is good but it mostly seems like an excuse for people to cosplay a sexier self-aware version of the 50s.
-
mostly seems like an excuse for people to cosplay a sexier self-aware version of the 50s.
Yeah there is that.
-
i like the aspect of psychobilly thats like glenn danzig and johnny cash had kids who grew up and discovered their parents' music, then decided to make a band that encompassed both styles in a rad way. the only exception is the rev. that motherfucker is frozen shit on toast. if i was being a dick about terms, i would consider him surfabilly.
-
Two things, gree.
1.) As I am old, I have no idea if "frozen shit on toast" is a compliment or an insult. A diss? Is that what the kids are calling insults now?
2.) You have made me want to hear some smurfabilly music. Now.
-
i just took the the idea of referring to something as "the shit" when you think its rad, and added some hyperbole. "frozen shit on toast" is not a cool or hip compliment. it is a compliment that came from my imagination, where nothing hip or cool originates.
-
Probably some of it is good but it mostly seems like an excuse for people to cosplay a sexier self-aware version of the 50s.
I had a friend who used to wear bowling shirts and had his hair in a ridiculously huge quiff, his girlfriend always wore these little red dresses and had a bob cut going on. Now I know what to call how they looked I don't see them anymore.
-
Happy Fuck You Monday! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc)
The official video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU).
Hey, it's Friday! Fuck all y'all!
Edit: It's not Friday. I got ahead of myself. Please read tomorrow.
-
Somewhere between the queef and the quaff, there is... the quiff?
-
The official video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU).
Hey, it's Friday! Fuck all y'all!
Edit: It's not Friday. I got ahead of myself. Please read tomorrow.
its friday for doc.
-
Right, good point.
Doc, that was for you. Everyone else: stay tuned, motherfuckers.
-
I did enjoy it.
-
53 minutes and counting...
-
its friday for doc.
On another message board I used to frequent (before people largely abandoned it for Facebook), there was a poster from New Zealand. We called her "The Girl From Tomorrow."
-
Here's a fuck you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UA578yQ5g) for your Friday.
-
Wombat's "fuck those mosquitoes" reminded me of this:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid38509728001?bctid=66338445001
-
So, this is pretty damn funny. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKVO8dJH0LQ)
and then there's this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0-WmLaX1M&feature=related).
-
So, this is pretty damn funny. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKVO8dJH0LQ)
I can't decide whether it's funnier if that actually works or if she's shaking around for no reason.
-
This is the best animal video of all time.
Scratching many capybaras. (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=83327)
I know I'm behind the times and all, but I do the same thing when you scratch my hip.
-
llamas with hats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUPCB9533Y)
-
Llamas with hats? Now I've seen everything.
-
always (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPXskJBFl4)-erasure
the game (http://games.adultswim.com/*****-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html)
-
Pug attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v1EMf1V8_8)!
-
So you know how how they'll take the audio off copyrighted stuff on youtube? So sometimes that happens to a video that was put up by Pat, check out the description. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZ-jqhttys&feature=related)
-
Every single video of Andy Kaufman in chronological order (http://watchandykaufmanbealive.tumblr.com/).
(Yes I know it's tumblr but they are youtube videos.)
-
sorry if this has been posted before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I447ZxUKjYI
TROLOLO CAT
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ofmi2ez-A
so um... you all should watch this to the end... then read the comment posted by the author.....
spoiler...
XenophobicPiglet | December 13, 2008
Hate. In my opinoin hate can inspire levels of creativity never imagined, just as feelings such as love or happiness would.
Example:
I have grown to HATE the ever increasing number of anime/movie/TVshow/video game montages using the the Gary Jules cover of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World". If you havn't realized my now, theres hundreds. For every anime/movie/TVshow/video game imaginable. Weither it fits or not. I've seen it used with everything from Alice in Wonderland to Reservoir Dogs. And do trust me when I say the good majority of them are fuck*ng AWFUL.
Now normally that wouldn't bother me much if it weren't for the ever grown number of YouTube dipshits constantly praising said videos. Every fuck*ng video theres comments such as: "Oz ma GAWD this song like fits so well with thiz (anime/movie/TVshow/game)!!!11!!1". Ok its NOT GOOD, its NOT CREATIVE, and it DOESN'T FIT! Their just doing whats been done a million times before! Fuck you! My god, YouTube has done wonders for my state of misanthropy...
So anyway, in short, that all inspired me to post something just as aweful. Enjoy. And Fuck You, YouTube.
-
That actually worked fairly well. IMO, it would have been better if (s)he had really appealed to the smarm (i.e. not used the horses and the deer and some of the other over-the-top stuff during the middle) and then just used TG jerking the horse off as a kicker at the end. Still, I enjoyed it and can sympathize.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHQ34H3gX8
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXXZpr8YlSI
NSF haters.
-
Who knew the ice cream truck was the hot new place to pick up guys?
-
I don't get it. The ice cream truck is the hot place to get ice cream. At least from May to July.
-
here in the ghetto the ice cream truck achieves clown-level creepitude
-
What about the super-secret ice cream truck?
-
Nice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9a7ijMh338)
-
The ending was unexpected.
-
the missus makes a comedy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJJ9a31ZSQ)
-
the missus makes a comedy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJJ9a31ZSQ)
That was hilarious. All trailer trash new money attempting to be elegant.
-
His eyebrows frighten me.
-
The host irritated the hell out of me.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-o98pVgQ9Q
It's just awkward, and sad, and I kind of feel like she's mad at me for not checking my private places for cancer as soon as she'd like.
But the slow-burn ending is worth it.
-
The internet is just full of little gems like this.
-
Shit, I checked then and there. And then felt dirty because she was kind of looking at me.
-
I didn't check. I won't check, as long as she's berating me about it. However, others are welcome to check for me.
-
I just starred in the first piece of work from my new film production company. We're doing this series, "Best Buds," which is like a contemporary, urban odd couple, with blunts, for youtube. Four episodes up now, posting another tomorrow, and plenty more in the future. I'm the guy not in the chair.
Episode 1 - Buggin' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbVoCzwzC8)
Episode 2 - Nowhere (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPCjMQx0uk)
Episode 3 - Ghost (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0osdMHwck)
Episode 4 - Millionaire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItY4az92Hvk)
If you're diggin it, don't be afraid to subscribe and show it to all your friends and family!
-
Episode 5 - Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ0XQcUYXw)
We're working on some new projects and bunch of reality material for the near future.
-
werewolf bar mitzvah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BKVGlt94jU)
"this whole premise is sweaty!"
-
I don't really want to go search for where this was covered, but Wombat asked what the hell the Cure was (paraphrasing, slightly) so here's the Cure covering Thin Lizzy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8zIQ6E_fFU).
-
Oooh, I really enjoyed that!
Also: Today while on an engineering staff all-call (me 60 of my closest people I've never met), I was forwarded this link. I put in a headphone, clicked it, and then started howling before I could think to hit the mute button on the speaker phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJq4jWSQNd8
I keep rewatching it...over and over.
I think it signals that I'm a bad person, and I'm OK with that.
-
Oh man, that's the hardest thing to teach children... how to take someone elses knowledge and incorporate it into your own, without reinventing the wheel.
I guess some people won't respect the wolf though, until they are bitten.
-
That kid got destroyed.
-
I wish someone had videotaped me learning that you don't take an 80 pound lab mix for a walk while you're wearing rollerblades.
-
I wish someone had videotaped me learning that you don't take an 80 pound lab mix for a walk while you're wearing rollerblades.
You can always do it again, for posterity. I know, you'll say you weigh more now and it wouldn't be as impressive. Solution: five dogs.
-
just a girl enjoying her webcam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muc0kaQtCMU)
-
That young woman is terribly high.
-
black man loves pokemon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XsSoMBVF3w)
***fixed!
-
black man loves pokemon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk7UH3R5u8)
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Black ninja Entertainment Inc.
I've got to get a job with that company.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKWMUluYJZo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKWMUluYJZo)
these dudes shred an acoustic cover of the tetris theme song. damn good.
-
That was fun. Two things occurred to me. 1) I'd like to hear Rodrigo y Gabriela doing that, and 2) I'd like to pop the guy on the right in the noggin.
-
That was fun. Two things occurred to me. 1) I'd like to hear Rodrigo y Gabriela doing that, and 2) I'd like to pop the guy on the right in the noggin.
whyfor?
-
I found him gratingly irritating. The cat thing was just lame. The music was awesome, though.
-
In honor of the board section title (or whatever you call it), here's some Motörhead:
Slow version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khJKq_kJK7Q).
I don't know what this is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0l7f25bhU).
-
Don't Forget the Joker (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2675737184553392255#)
-
Nice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Q6berM0j0)
-
A guy I work with, his brother attends Berklee in Boston. He plays sax. His band jams on the street sometimes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axAGBbeT7c).
-
Here they are again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQv4YUkHcoY). A little longer clip this time.
-
(http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201011/phpnTC8v3sprinter.gif)
-
In 1982, a sweet, gentle, 70-year-old English granny named May Booker wrote a letter to the BBC about her favorite band, and how nice it would be to play with them. AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5SJREqcLU&feature=player_embedded)
(This is stolen from the Portland Mercury Blog, but I wanted to make sure Nabu saw it.)
-
She's fookin' singin', too!
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that. Immediately reposted to facebook, for sure. Love it for Phil singing some different lyrics, and then talking at the end there. Wonderful!
Would that I had the power to benevolize you to the tune of 1000 cans.
"You gotta make a dollar holler, when you're down on your luck . . ."
-
this kid has soul like a motherfucker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iku6F8Wd1cM)
-
Birth to 10 years old in 1 minute 25 sec (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejbNVWES4LI)
Did someone already post this? It seemed familiar.
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOt2R99H3Bo) made my best friend and I laugh uncontrollably for a really long time.
-
a girl interprets cee-lo greens "fuck you" in sign language (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3tadz5Q3o)
the sign for "shit" is pretty awesome. i hadnt seen it before.
(fixed link - w)
-
some canadian dude-bro's make a meat log corndog and a cute girl eats it with bacon fat mayo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzzx2OolfI)
-
a girl interprets cee-lo greens "fuck you" in sign language (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3tadz5Q3o)
She's really selling it. Cute too.
-
Clearly Marshawn picked up a star (http://vodpod.com/watch/5303288-marshawn-lynch-mario-brothers-run) before making that run.
(Even non-sports people should watch this.)
I wanted to make sure it was posted in a thread where the sports-averse will see it, because it is so awesome. I imagine too many members avoid that thread because they are tired of my college football ramblings. It's over for 8 months or so people!
To keep it thread appropriate, direct youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueR1TFFEt3g
-
As someone who has never been in that thread because I can't even comprehend football as you think of it that was awesome.
-
Roomba Pac-Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHtX2JwZAY&)
-
a hairless cat is snuggling the hell out of a dudes beard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtkExITE1w)
-
He's all, "this...this is what I've been missing my entire life. This is that void I could never quite place. FUCK YOU NATURE."
-
pale kid raps fast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6XLswqiX0s)
-
four loko (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJU1MFQ7irk)
im learning Adobe After Effects in one of my classes and this is an assignment i turned in...
-
Little red wagon (http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-radio-flyer-car-092910,0,1784245.story) (sorry, not actually Youtube).
-
Little red wagon (http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-radio-flyer-car-092910,0,1784245.story) (sorry, not actually Youtube).
That's actually the second Radio Flyer artcar. I wonder if they know about the other one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2479422878/) which lives in California? It's been to Houston a couple of times. I think it's the cooler of the two, but any Radio Flyer car is gonna be way high on the awesome meter.
Someone should tell them about the artcar scene. They should definitely bring that thing to Houston.
Edit: Another shot of the California Radio Flyer Artcar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/4598160713/)
-
Pug singing Happy Birthday, sort of. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5TpX0aYZ44)
-
slow motion. water balloon. excellent boobs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kag4tU6B3yc)
-
I saw that a long time ago and I'll be honest, I think the execution is a little lacking.
-
Hey Wombat, I'm sure you've heard this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayuooyWPEUc) (I'll feel terrible if not, because I've been listening to it for a couple of years). If not, then, um . . . here you go!
-
I never heard that song. Every once in a while someone mentions there is a band called The Wombats and for some reason every time it comes up I forget it almost immediately.
I am sorry to report the pug does not like that song, she jumped off the couch to get away from it.
-
Did the wombat like it?
-
I don't know why I can't stop watching this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB22cxKxBnU)
later we found out that this is from a Soviet cartoon series about a cat named Woof. Dubbed over for American audiences.
It made me decide I want to name my cat Garf/Gaff/whatever they are saying.
-
I was going to get snarky about this kid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnkeR-LhDBY), but my teams didn't have particularly robust kicking games this year, so I should probably keep my mouth shut.
-
Not enough to remember that I had actually sent her the mp3.
This is part of the whole syndrome.
I think I keep hearing one of their songs and not liking it as much as I think I ought, and to deal with the cognitive dissonance, I forget that it happened.
-
I was going to get snarky about this kid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnkeR-LhDBY), but my teams didn't have particularly robust kicking games this year, so I should probably keep my mouth shut.
I was going to reply with something like, "hey, how'd you get Kyle Brotzman's old family videos?" but realized that would be a total dick thing to say, so I'll just chuckle as I watch it.
-
I was going to reply with something like, "hey, how'd you get Kyle Brotzman's old family videos?" but realized that would be a total dick thing to say, so I'll just chuckle as I watch it.
Great minds, my friend.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItFvB0Upb8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItFvB0Upb8)
Achewood tee-shirt cameo.
-
We've got that b roll!
Playmobil Joy Division: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQmY57qrfw
-
holy christ I love Joy Division. esp. this song.
Although I have been told I'm not a real fan because I prefer the "Warsaw" version of a lot of the songs.
They are so different from most of what I like, but at some point I realized that Joy Division is the only band I could be happy playing in a tribute band to.
Which recalls an earlier discussion: I think I would like seeing a Joy Division tribute band.
-
I remember that (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5431.msg148821.html#msg148821)!
Judy is really passionate about cover bands, isn't he?
-
an open letter to stephen fry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_hkeYGcT0)
-
Beautiful... however I envision Mssr. Fry watching that, and then going to the door of his flat and locking the deadbolt.
-
I think he'd be mildly flattered and heartily amused.
Also, I am in love with that girl. She is smokin' nerdy.
-
Oh totally.
It's just a bit... presumptuous.
(I'll admit that I saw that before I even got out of bed this morning, and then watched a bunch of her other videos and then suddenly it was an hour later and I'm still watching Ukulele videos in bed.)
Speaking of the Hazards of Uke, this ukelele video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsO9BS4ojCc&feature=relmfu) prompted me to buy her album on the spot.
-
What is it with cute girls and ukeleles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REL5R-Ls3oU)? Hell, I even know one myself (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/5244942913/).
-
Ukeleles are just way too much for me. Way too purposely cutesy. It seems like the only variety of music you can play on a ukelele is "look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"
-
what if the beatles were irish? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjH4ZqwOB4)
-
"look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"
This is a pretty damn good summary of 33% of Youtube, Dan.
A modestly attractive woman doing something for the camera wherein the thing she is doing is merely a cover for the hope people will masturbate to her moving image.
Throw in animals what think they're people and shitty power ballads played over poorly-edited compilations of anime shows and we got the whole thing covered.
Have a can for your insight.
-
yeah, every woman i've ever met has an intense hope that people will masturbate to the thought of her.
what the fuck?
-
A modestly attractive woman doing something for the camera wherein the thing she is doing is merely a cover for the hope people will masturbate to her moving image.
yeah, every woman i've ever met has an intense hope that people will masturbate to the thought of her.
what the fuck?
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. While there are a surprising number of women who get off on the idea of arousing strangers, and an equal number would be horrified by this idea, I think the majority are hoping that dudes think she's cute and hot and maybe watch the video a couple of times and run it back to that one part where maybe you can catch a glimpse of her boob.
Girls like to make guys think they're hot, as long as the guys don't actually approach them about it. It's a sick little game (some) (many) (most) women play. One of the top 10 reasons I'm glad I'm off the market.
-
I have funny ideas about how people express their sexuality.
-
Ukeleles are just way too much for me. Way too purposely cutesy. It seems like the only variety of music you can play on a ukelele is "look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"
Maybe it's obnoxious how the ukulele has been appropriated by cute, nerdy hipster girls on YouTube, but it's a real instrument with a longish history of legitimate musicianship. I will not abide this ukulele slander!
-
Exlpain Joerg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvBoNaokMk&feature=related) sMets.
Explain Joerg.
It's a wider world of weird and awesome than some can handle, y'know.
I love the way he says coconut.
-
What is wrong with cute girls playing the ukulele? It's fun. What a bunch of curmudgeons.
-
Oh, nothing. I was just allowing that it may be obnoxious, and that even if it is, the ukulele is still rad. As for everyone else, I don't know.
-
My favourite story about a celebrity prostitute is George Harrison playing the uke all the way through a blowjob and then doing the quick strum outro at the end.
-
another ukelele video:
while my guitar gently weeps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k)
-
I masturbated while watching this ukulele video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaYmQZgrB4&feature=related
-
I got no problem with the ukulele, but I didn't think the girl singing All My Loving was doing anything exceptional.
-
Capybaras enjoying the spa. (http://www.dump.com/2011/02/11/capybaras-enjoying-the-spa-video/)
-
Such regal and noble animals.
-
I bet they taste awesome after getting them all loosened up like that!
You basically just throw some carrots and potatoes in the spa and you're good to go.
-
I bet they taste awesome after getting them all loosened up like that!
You basically just throw some carrots and potatoes in the spa and you're good to go.
And you wash it down with a tasty beverage. Tiny cans of Dr. Pepper go well with capybara.
-
Exlpain Joerg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvBoNaokMk&feature=related) sMets.
Explain Joerg.
It's a wider world of weird and awesome than some can handle, y'know.
Joerg sounds like quite a funny fellow:
First off , I gotta say this is awesome! Secondly would it be possible to put a dildo in a slingshot and get it in a "number two" target?
kosser321 3 days ago
@kosser321 Well, come visit me, bring your dildo and your "number two" and we'll find out. You will be famous in no time.
JoergSprave 2 days ago 4
-
Capybaras enjoying the spa. (http://www.dump.com/2011/02/11/capybaras-enjoying-the-spa-video/)
I wonder if the other capy's get annoyed with shower-boy bogarting the hot water.
-
If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U&feature=player_embedded#at=51)
-
Don't try this at home (or on the road) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBDeaUMddI).
-
das boot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs)
-
Teach me how to Panda. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnI0mHWg3j4)
-
an open letter to stephen fry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_hkeYGcT0)
A follow-up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU5q9pP9CzE&feature=player_detailpage#t=187s
-
OMG this kills me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64c5vT3NBw
-
I have been searching for a video I first saw in like 2001 and my google-fu has been failing me so I hope you guys can help. It was animated, set up like a movie trailer for the ultimate action hero but when you finally see him it's this confused little kid who's like "what are you talking about? Where are you? My dad's going to be home soon" etc but the voice over just keeps going. I feel like it was Master something in the name but seeing as it was 11 years ago I'm hazy.
Does anybody have the foggiest idea what the hell I'm talking about?
-
The name finally popped into my head. Here Comes Dr. Tran: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI
-
Burning last year's decorative grasses:
Burning Grass 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFS4jIw9JbY)
Burning Grass 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7ooc6IoGY)
Burning Grass 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28w92MQCoo)
There are actually a bunch more, but these are the only ones I taped. Sorry they're horizontal, I could probably fix that but I'm not sure how.
Also, it's hard to get perspective on how big these are. The grasses in the first and third videos are about 6 feet high. The one in the second video is probably 15 feet tall.
Heh heh heh heh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchwE9zVdnw)
-
I'm featured in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlmc7tN4a8A) video in which I give an oral history of Marvin Zindler. Also fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBNs5FXaDo).
-
Burning last year's decorative grasses:
Burning Grass 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFS4jIw9JbY)
Burning Grass 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7ooc6IoGY)
Burning Grass 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28w92MQCoo)
There are actually a bunch more, but these are the only ones I taped. Sorry they're horizontal, I could probably fix that but I'm not sure how.
Also, it's hard to get perspective on how big these are. The grasses in the first and third videos are about 6 feet high. The one in the second video is probably 15 feet tall.
Heh heh heh heh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchwE9zVdnw)
You may think that the fastest natural thing on Earth is the cheetah, but you're wrong. The fastest thing on Earth is an uncontrolled grass fire.
Scarier than a cheetah, too.
-
You may think that the fastest natural thing on Earth is the cheetah, but you're wrong. The fastest thing on Earth is an uncontrolled grass fire.
Yeah, that shit is nuts. Whoosh!
For my next trick... Last year's X-mas tree tossed on the bonfire!
-
The name finally popped into my head. Here Comes Dr. Tran: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI
Sorry I wasn't around - saw that at the animation festival years ago with my wife. We oftentimes say "You Told Eleven Lies!!!" to each other.
-
Cee-Lo's "Fuck You", in ASL (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MT81G/www.collegehumor.com/video:1945421).
Probably old, and fucked up website, but I enjoyed it.
-
Cee-Lo's "Fuck You", in ASL (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MT81G/www.collegehumor.com/video:1945421).
Probably old, and fucked up website, but I enjoyed it.
the sign for "shit' is awesomely gross and amazing.
-
A friend of mine who is a ASL interpreter pointed out to me that she does not do the signs for the F-word and the N-word. I still enjoyed it.
-
the sign for "shit' is awesomely gross and amazing.
That's the sign for "poop," really. (The verb as well as the noun.) I don't know if there's a worse one for "shit," but the one she does in the video is the one you teach little kids.
I was listening to last.fm's '80's tag station on my xbox this afternoon, and two wonderful things happened:
1) I got Rickrolled by my own TV (wonderful in that it made me laugh out loud).
2) Cameo's "Word Up" came on and I got to remember the insane video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA) somebody linked to a while back.
-
And that was me, because I love Larry Blackmon. That is the greatest video ever.
-
A friend of mine who is a ASL interpreter pointed out to me that she does not do the signs for the F-word and the N-word. I still enjoyed it.
I wouldn't use those words in class either, who can blame her?
-
someone at whatever service provides the music for my store is having a hell of a laugh when the programmed playlist Rickrolls us a few times a week.
-
Cee-Lo's "Fuck You", in ASL (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MT81G/www.collegehumor.com/video:1945421).
Probably old, and fucked up website, but I enjoyed it.
You've probably seen them, but my buddy says these are his favorite ASL videos:
Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYcSAMWIcAE)
Marilyn Manson "New Shit" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaAmlhzELpw)
-
Horizontal drilling (http://www.northernoil.com/drilling.php), for those that are interested. We don't frac much where I'm at, and we don't use pump-jacks, but most of this is pretty similar.
-
Horizontal drilling (http://www.northernoil.com/drilling.php), for those that are interested. We don't frac much where I'm at, and we don't use pump-jacks, but most of this is pretty similar.
Very cool video.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgHQfxT7ImI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgHQfxT7ImI)
Escaped animal drill from the Tokyo Zoo. The Japanese really know how to do this right. I think the last one I did, what we chased around was a curator in a safety vest with "lion" written on the back.
-
Is it me, or is this hella creepy? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3tcSlWLS_g&feature=related)
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0) is the worst song I have ever heard.
-
not as creepy as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woi_2Ay0Y-U)
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0) is the worst song I have ever heard.
This version is worth checking out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GaKaGwch0U&feature=player_embedded)
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0) is the worst song I have ever heard.
I thought that song was some kind of spoof, but then I glanced down and realized it had 55 million views. 55 MILLION VIEWS on Youtube!
-
not as creepy as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woi_2Ay0Y-U)
Yep, that definitely creeped me out. Is that... Oh never mind.
-
This version is worth checking out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GaKaGwch0U&feature=player_embedded)
That was way better, actually.
-
I opened that in the background and then, when I got to that tab maybe 10 minutes later, there were over 100 new comments.
-
That was way better, actually.
It says something when the slap dash parody is better than the original.
Here's the Conan parody which I also enjoyed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAD6UFhh9cM)
-
I opened that in the background and then, when I got to that tab maybe 10 minutes later, there were over 100 new comments.
It's got 6 million more views since yesterday.
-
It's got 6 million more views since yesterday.
Over a million "dislikes" today.
-
I opened that in the background and then, when I got to that tab maybe 10 minutes later, there were over 100 new comments.
My favorite comment was something like "the best part of the video is when fat Usher shows up."
-
I had managed to avoid that until last night. Man, that's lousy. But I also feel sort of bad for her. This was pretty much a vanity song/video, I don't think anyone was saying she was a professional, but thanks to the interwebs it's all over the place now. But, she got to go on Leno, so there's that.
-
I had managed to avoid that until last night. Man, that's lousy. But I also feel sort of bad for her. This was pretty much a vanity song/video, I don't think anyone was saying she was a professional, but thanks to the interwebs it's all over the place now. But, she got to go on Leno, so there's that.
Really? So what's the story there? Is she rich and can afford to hire a professional videographer to shoot a video of her super terrible song? I guess that's what's throwing me off. Most "vanity" videos on you tube have a sheen of amateurishness about them.
Edit: I must be obsessed with this song because I've watched it 3 times now. I wanted to watch it again to confirm to myself if it is as professionally shot as I remember. That's when I stumbled upon this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEZuKH0rzw) which brings me back to my original thought that this is some kind of spoof. If it is, whoever did this is a genius. They've fooled millions.
-
Really? So what's the story there? Is she rich and can afford to hire a professional videographer to shoot a video of her super terrible song?
Wikipedia sez her parents paid $2K to a vanity studio for the song and the video. The studio people wrote the song, not Ms. Black.
wiki linki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_(Rebecca_Black_song))
(edited to fix link)
-
I initially saw it on another messageboard. There were several videos from the same "studio" posted there - all roughly the same deal.
-
My ladyfriend linked me to an article that put it plainly to me in a way I enjoyed. It also keyed into why all of the parodies have fallen flat for me (except the bad lip reader, which is earwormy in it's own right.)
It's a song about a 13 year old living a 13 year old's fantasy. That makes me like it quite a bit.
"I've got a hectic morning, but my friends make it ok. Also it is the weekend, and there is a party. Awesome!"
-
I'm not proud - I will point out that for me at thirteen the weekend meant Dungeons & Dragons or the arcade. (Actually, I guess that would have been roughly when I was transitioning into the weekend meaning bong hits.)
-
Seems like something to be proud of to me!
Also:
I just discovered and started listening to the Beatles week before last.
(http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/funny-graphs-friday-night-arrives-without-a-suitcase.png)
-
When doing a cover, make it your own.
-
When doing a cover, make it your own.
That's worth a can.
It's still a terrible song, but she's not a terrible person.
-
So I guess I'm the last to discover this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusGIl3v044). Yeah, maybe it's a bit creepy, but it's also awesome. So awesome.
Extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ
Put it in the pizza!
-
So I guess I'm the last to discover this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusGIl3v044). Yeah, maybe it's a bit creepy, but it's also awesome. So awesome.
Extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ
Put it in the pizza!
Jesus fuck - I felt like I was hallucinating!
-
This ain't no Kermit the frog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky7g1lgTwc).
-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ucforme#p/u/1/nl6Hp73X5QY (http://www.youtube.com/user/ucforme#p/u/1/nl6Hp73X5QY)
-
ice cream chord progression (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ALd-Top2A)
how you like yo eggs? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-JVXkd8SQ)
-
Ain't Gonna Pee Pee My Bed Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CIz_HWuyo&feature=player_embedded) WTF? I have no idea.
-
IN checking in to them:
They had 21 studio albums.
40 Singles
#1 albums in Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
In summary: I know less about the world today, than I thought I did yesterday.
-
I'm fascinated. I found the vid on the Maakies website by the way. It seems the Kelly family (http://angelokelly.de/pics/?thumbpage=1&picture_id=125) are a pretty interesting bunch. That link is to Angelo (the boy singing about pee pee) Kelly's website. You'll note there are mini links to other You Tube vid's of his more recent music, and he actually turned out pretty good.
-
Oh my god, The Kelly family... I think... they are so meta without knowing they are meta... that they are likely all geniuses. Finding them is a treasure. Thank you internet.
Fell in love with an Alien - The Kelly Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lLAWJS9b50) It's like if the imaginary world from Safty Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII) video continued to exist, and the Kelly's grew up there.
-
Okay, one more video from the Kelly Family then I'll stop. This one reminds me more of like... the Barenaked Ladies or something, but... what fun! Tutus! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS5dbEh6T4k)
-
Oh my god, The Kelly family... I think... they are so meta without knowing they are meta... that they are likely all geniuses. Finding them is a treasure. Thank you internet.
Fell in love with an Alien - The Kelly Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lLAWJS9b50) It's like if the imaginary world from Safty Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII) video continued to exist, and the Kelly's grew up there.
Awesome.
Also, production values for music videos by crazy family groups have really gone up. Or, more likely, the cost of CGI spaceships has gone down.
-
Awesome.
Also, production values for music videos by crazy family groups have really gone up. Or, more likely, the cost of CGI spaceships has gone down.
That last video posted by Smells where they are in a bathroom that is decorated entirely by gold and platinum records suggest that they are a long long way from amateur hour.
I'm quite liking them too. Post some more Smells.
-
If there's any question of how huge they were to German audiences, here's a clip of the band with their father and group leader (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NTDYHkKO3Y&feature=related) who according to Wikipedia died after a prolonged illness.
Also, one of the brothers cuts his hair off (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i1cL_BgNAk&feature=related) and records his siblings' reactions.
-
According to Wikipedia they've sold 20 million records.
-
the assumption song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TywmpMQYojs)
-
This is cool if you like music, forests, and complicated stuff built out of wood for a ball to roll down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M)
Edit: or on a prettier page here.
http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play (http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play)
-
We filmed a new episode of Best Buds that is more on the drama side than previous episodes:
Sosa pt 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJMBKWV_3wY)
Sosa pt 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlWRH4v_S0)
-
This is cool if you like music, forests, and complicated stuff built out of wood for a ball to roll down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M)
Edit: or on a prettier page here.
http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play (http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play)
Kind of a crappy instrument, really.
-
90 square foot apartment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU&feature=player_embedded)
New York, of course.
-
Kind of a crappy instrument, really.
Is not!
-
90 square foot apartment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU&feature=player_embedded)
New York, of course.
That's such a cute apartment.
-
90 square foot apartment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU&feature=player_embedded)
New York, of course.
That's like a single dorm room. Plus a bathroom.
-
This is cool if you like music, forests, and complicated stuff built out of wood for a ball to roll down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M)
Edit: or on a prettier page here.
http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play (http://answer.nttdocomo.co.jp/touchwood/#play)
I thought it was wonderful.
-
Ha ha! It's called Touch Wood - get it? I'm sorry.
A family we were friends with when I was a kid homesteaded this island (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=homer,+ak&aq=&sll=61.213412,-149.894714&sspn=0.719512,3.348083&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Homer,+Kenai+Peninsula,+Alaska&ll=59.523741,-151.487646&spn=0.02477,0.104628&t=h&z=14) back in the 40s. They had a set-up sort of like that from a cistern up on top of that island to another holding-tank kind of thing at their "house". It was pretty cool - it ran all the way through the woods on these stands that they had built.
-
ice cream chord progression (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ALd-Top2A)
I like this. I've been playing variations of this damn chord progression all weekend and it sounds, well, like ice cream, I guess.
-
I like this. I've been playing variations of this damn chord progression all weekend and it sounds, well, like ice cream, I guess.
maybe its used a lot, but its way more fun and less smarmy than arpeggios from hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYQ8C05Q_0E)
-
Do not watch this if you are Indiana Jones. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMigVo1pyA&feature=player_embedded#at=108)
-
The Dang 'ol Mandlebrot Set (http://www.dump.com/2011/04/06/one-of-the-deepest-fractal-zooms-ever-made-video/)
-
iTr3vor's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/iTr3vor). No one will believe this, but I think it's charming. Of course, I watched them with the sound off, so that may have helped.
-
iTr3vor's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/iTr3vor). No one will believe this, but I think it's charming. Of course, I watched them with the sound off, so that may have helped.
We'll find out soon that it's actually a viral ad sponsored by Apple.
-
We'll find out soon that it's actually a viral ad sponsored by Apple.
Yeah, I didn't jump into that - everyone had already decided it's a viral for somebody or other.
-
Trevor totally failed to make a move on that tall lady that kept coming and dancing through the shot.
Trevor! GET WITH IT!
-
Trevor totally failed to make a move on that tall lady that kept coming and dancing through the shot.
Trevor! GET WITH IT!
since he is approximately ten years old, he has time to learn from his mistakes.
-
After rewatching... he really explores the room. He gets a sense for the space.
-
This is so funny - I came here to post this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4qqeE-AHIU&feature=related) and you folks are already on it. This kid is terribly cute. I don't want to be cynical and think this is anything other than some good, clean fun by a energetic kid.
-
This kid is terribly cute. I don't want to be cynical and think this is anything other than some good, clean fun by a energetic kid.
I don't want to think that either, but I just know better.
-
Yeah, seriously, look at the background on his youtube channel, ain't no ten year old picking out that artfully high-def pseudo-childish splattering of watercolours.
-
Trevor totally failed to make a move on that tall lady that kept coming and dancing through the shot.
Trevor! GET WITH IT!
It's just barely possible that he doesn't have a heightened sense of connection with the distaff.
-
Dirty Dancing recut as a David Lynch film. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjvuCOlkO4E)
-
titties and carrot cake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSto4JNzYYo)
-
titties and carrot cake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSto4JNzYYo)
Well, I watched it. I don't know what to make of it, but I watched it.
-
i can't tell if it's some kind of guerrilla art thing or if they're trying to be for really real, the thing confounds
-
That vid was heavy on the carrot cake and light on the titties.
-
That vid was heavy on the carrot cake and light on the titties.
I, uh, noticed that too.
-
I thought that song was some kind of spoof, but then I glanced down and realized it had 55 million views. 55 MILLION VIEWS on Youtube!
One month later, 120 million.
(Sorry: the Friday song, that is.)
-
Twist Again, Indian Style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzhOEWW8c4&playnext=1&list=PL5D6821FFE11B47B8)
-
first of may (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhPeJ3uzOc)
this might be more suitable for the "dirtiest dudes..." thread(NSFW).
-
first of may (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhPeJ3uzOc)
this might be more suitable for the "dirtiest dudes..." thread(NSFW).
"We fucked a lady who sells ice cream, fucked a man with a tan shar pei"
That's perfect.
-
This (http://youtu.be/ZHReqKRvonE) oughta get you up and dancing (or up and into a belltower).
Check out the little guy to the right at 2:05 - he's got the music in him!
-
This (http://youtu.be/ZHReqKRvonE) oughta get you up and dancing (or up and into a belltower).
sumbitch stole elmo's voice!
-
first of may (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhPeJ3uzOc)
this might be more suitable for the [redacted thread title that noobs can't see] thread(NSFW).
I think you mean this.
-
Kurt and the boys sticking it to the man (http://youtu.be/dtehDIWrX5U).
-
There's some tragic about that little egg fellow not having arms long enough to clap.
Also if that's a full sized dude in that suit he's going to have hell of back problems.
-
Kurt and the boys sticking it to the man (http://youtu.be/dtehDIWrX5U).
I...like it. A lot.
-
yeah, thats pretty damn classic. Reminds a guy of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvi4iA3PnKE
-
yeah, thats pretty damn classic. Reminds a guy of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvi4iA3PnKE
Never saw that. Interesting (to me) that they do fake the music and not the singing.
-
first kiss(on the lips) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEN-kHe5o_Y)
hell of endearing
-
Metafilter pointed me at the full version of THE STREETBEATER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DnqW3F57E
(Sorry if this song makes you accidentally have sex with something.)
They included an educational advertisement about the BASS HARMONICA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUxVCHuHS9c
(Sorry if the German man makes you sad while you're having funky funky accidental sex.)
The German man's funky breakdown later on in the ad, made me find a youtube looper and do this: http://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=LUxVCHuHS9c&start=2m10s&end=2m14s
(He looks so earnest. It is an important quality in a humane beat-box.)
And then open up one of his other commercials in another window and add this to the mix: http://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=qveLvBHS-MA&start=2m10s&end=2m12s
-
The German man's funky breakdown later on in the ad, made me find a youtube looper and do this: http://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=LUxVCHuHS9c&start=2m10s&end=2m14s
(He looks so earnest. It is an important quality in a humane beat-box.)
Diddly duke dakka dooka dakka dooka dakko dah
-
Diddly duke dakka dooka dakka dooka dakko dah
i like-a the way that you boppity bop
-
Bumdididit ti ti bom bom dit. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tyb1ykLktE)
-
first kiss(on the lips) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEN-kHe5o_Y)
hell of endearing
Awe - that brought a little tear to my eye.
-
The bass harmonica is really cool. Brian Wilson likes it. I Know There's an Answer (http://youtu.be/aVIlp5_w4f8)* uses it. It's also present in one of the greatest song ever written, The Boxer (http://youtu.be/AdKjEHfHINQ).
*For Inev (http://youtu.be/cLktGrpiW5Q)
-
That woman is pretty adorable.
-
Way too cute: "the maple kind. Yeah. Yeah." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw&feature=feedlik).
-
Why do I love this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9BOIRamk4) so much. That bloop-bloop noise! Ahhhhh.
-
Why do I love this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9BOIRamk4) so much. That bloop-bloop noise! Ahhhhh.
Total 50s sci fi.
Way too cute: "the maple kind. Yeah. Yeah." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw&feature=feedlik).
I am in love with that video. I've watched it about 5 times.
-
I know. I can't stop watching it.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIxNCn-vjY&t=3m09s
(the first part is not that important)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIxNCn-vjY&t=3m09s
(the first part is not that important)
i appreciate an above average MC
-
I am pretty upset to realize that these two songs I like are both Chris Brown. For some reason I just really like his voice. I guess Weezy is a better rapper though. I like the part where they go really really fast.
-
Chris Brown should probably be the most popular singer in America today. It's a shame he's an immature asshole.
-
Chris Brown should probably be the most popular singer in America today. It's a shame he's an immature asshole.
too bad he's too small for WWE...
-
Chris Brown should probably be the most popular singer in America today. It's a shame he's an immature asshole.
I don't know that that is how I would describe it.
-
Chris Brown should probably be the most popular singer in America today. It's a shame he's an immature asshole.
Yeah, a shame. And a shame he's a domestic abuser.
-
this dude likes vegetables (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sft1aihh99s)
-
Real or Fake (http://youtu.be/tMujgAAyH-I)?
I'm leaning towards real on this one.
-
Real or Fake (http://youtu.be/tMujgAAyH-I)?
I'm leaning towards real on this one.
That is hell of fake.
-
That is hell of fake.
What are your indicators that it is fake?
-
What are your indicators that it is fake?
There's no such team as the Rays, just the Devil Rays.
-
There's no such team as the Rays, just the Devil Rays.
Not sure if this is a joke, but this is the opposite of true. They used to the the Devil Rays. Now they are the Rays.
-
I don't think he would of reacted that way, and I don't think she would have either.
-
What are your indicators that it is fake?
Ball kind of "jumps" when it leaves the bat. Also, there's a weird jump in the ball's path right before it reaches his hand.
-
But this one's (http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw) real, right?
-
Don't get suckered by this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SqJz0NgnnE).
-
Don't get suckered by this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SqJz0NgnnE).
Or, god forbid, This one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)
-
I don't think he would of reacted that way, and I don't think she would have either.
Who allowed this clown on the internet?
-
The Evan Longoria video is obviously fake, because he's described as "Gillette Young Gun Evan Longoria."
-
The Evan Longoria video is obviously fake, because he's described as "Gillette Young Gun Evan Longoria."
Ah, there you go.
-
But this one's (http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw) real, right?
Have you seen the original clip? (http://www.youtube.com/user/IcePrincessXXIV#p/a/u/1/7Fj4Mla8bLw) Before I saw this, I thought for sure that the owner must be actually teasing the dog in some way, but I guess not!
-
light bulb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxWf2O1oT5g)-rachel goodrich
apparently this is a contest entry? regardless, this is just odd...
-
Wally Wally Wally Wally Wally Wally World (http://youtu.be/PamyInKGPnU)
-
Have I posted this before? This is cool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LALgWz0xc0&feature=player_embedded)
-
I think you may have, but it certainly merits reposting.
-
Your heart will grow three sizes, unless you don't have one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpdmKELE1k&feature=player_embedded)
-
Your heart will grow three sizes, unless you don't have one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpdmKELE1k&feature=player_embedded)
Those dogs didn't do that carjacking victim any favors.
-
Muppets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CloKbXtD28&feature=channel_video_title)!
-
Muppets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CloKbXtD28&feature=channel_video_title)!
it appears that dude forgot the anniversary, which is lame, but why is it his responsibility to arrange the dinner plans? did i miss something?
i am looking forward to this movie.
-
music = okay
music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tNUur2YoU&feature=player_embedded) = entertaining
-
music = okay
music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tNUur2YoU&feature=player_embedded) = entertaining
fuck yeah!
-
music = okay
music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tNUur2YoU&feature=player_embedded) = entertaining
That was very nice.
I especially liked the bosses (was it Lindsay Lohan, Kenny G and Garfield?) and the explosion aftermath.
-
Zoom and enhance (http://youtu.be/Vxq9yj2pVWk).
-
footage + computers = magic
-
I think she's joking, I hope she's joking (http://youtu.be/KnZR1PWSYz8)
-
Hey what song are you listening to? (http://youtu.be/tvHRUY0tBcs) Music is better when you share it.
-
I think she's joking, I hope she's joking (http://youtu.be/KnZR1PWSYz8)
They . . . don't make fun of the blacks and the gays?
You need to get out more.
-
Hey what song are you listening to? (http://youtu.be/tvHRUY0tBcs) Music is better when you share it.
It certainly starts off with a bang.
-
They . . . don't make fun of the blacks and the gays?
You need to get out more.
Pretty sure she's joking, this (http://www.youtube.com/user/glowpinkstah#p/search/0/F2uT1MM2Auo) looks like the original upload. In one of her other videos includes the phrase 'I'm Jennifer... but that's my slave name so you can call me Lucifer.' so I'm thinking she's just going for yuks.
Meanwhile checking out the person who re-uploaded it, dude has some.... interesting favourites (http://www.youtube.com/user/jujukoko#p/a/f/1/sD9PjM2BaCY).
Also: Gingers have souls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM&feature=related).
Also Also: Maybe this is a thing (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=have+souls&aq=f)?
-
Hey what song are you listening to? (http://youtu.be/tvHRUY0tBcs) Music is better when you share it.
I also like (and mentioned in the comments) the woman who's listening to Frank. Her inflection - Frank Sinatra, of course! - is awesome.
-
That video reminds me of this classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKVO8dJH0LQ&feature=player_embedded) and then all of the imitations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0-WmLaX1M&feature=related).
-
shooting circular saw blades with a slingshot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHFxscunOA)
-
shooting circular saw blades with a slingshot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHFxscunOA)
I've shared that dude's stuff on FB before. It's insane. Like this repeating slingshot.
-
Love this poem. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vKu7X4aNA&feature=youtu.be) Geronimo is not dead. Nice.
-
this isnt youtube, but too bad.
ras trent (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/digital-short-ras-trent/787201/)
this is:
power wheel drift (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQeVDqHv7I)
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEBduneUA0) should maybe be in 'what are you listening to'.
-
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEBduneUA0) should maybe be in 'what are you listening to'.
I liked that very much. Have a can.
-
too wtf not to share (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xzQ6HrMBa8) (great costumes)
-
Not really sure what they're going for there...
-
I bet it gets pretty hot in therre.
-
So I'm poking around looking for the Scott Cousins-Buster Posey collision and I find this page of results (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Scott+Cousins+buster+posey&aq=f) on YouTube. Seems odd that almost all of them say to go somewhere else to watch the video. Obviously it's some kind of scam, but a) how come I've never had this result for any other search, and b) why wouldn't YouTube zap them?
-
This One (http://youtu.be/82_1_iysGZU) was the first one I clicked on.
Nasty!
-
Elimination Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHpum8XCNw&feature=BFa&list=PL5DA4F8BA8C979FB1&index=5).
-
Elimination Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHpum8XCNw&feature=BFa&list=PL5DA4F8BA8C979FB1&index=5).
That was fantastic.
-
I'm sure this is racing around the internet (http://youtu.be/VhbtVFeLIFE).
Edit: When did Paul Stanley (http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/paul-stanley-2006-clive-davis-pre-grammy-awards-party-0x014v.jpg) turn into Vincent Schiavelli (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001704/)?
Edit 2:Un-remixed version (http://youtu.be/CxivUlXK8Q0) (although the pictures are sort of superfluous).
-
the most amazing 3D animation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmREjs6NYVY)
-
the most amazing 3D animation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmREjs6NYVY)
My PBS station used to show that as filler between shows back in like 2001. That is by far their coolest video.
-
Popsicle Twins on the Gong Show (http://youtu.be/tDxDYIQL6Nc). I'm sorry.
-
My PBS station used to show that as filler between shows back in like 2001. That is by far their coolest video.
i have taken exactly two 3D animation courses at school and the level of talent and skill that that requires is still 934293804 light years away from me.
-
Popsicle Twins on the Gong Show (http://youtu.be/tDxDYIQL6Nc). I'm sorry.
I remember seeing that when I was about 8 years old and just not having a clue what was going on.
-
i have taken exactly two 3D animation courses at school and the level of talent and skill that that requires is still 934293804 light years away from me.
Supposedly it's basically a visualization. You give it a midi file and it animates.
-
Take Five (Pakistani Style) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLF46JKkCNg)
-
this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc) chick thinks cats are pleasant, to say the least.
-
For fans of the badger (https://www.iheartthisplace.com/pro_details_d.php?id=172#1_2).
-
onion-like headlines in real life (http://onionlike.tumblr.com/)
-
I think that belongs in the non-YouTube thread, but nonetheless: RSS'd!
"Man pulls knife on friends, runs away, hits head, injures self." YES.
-
I think that belongs in the non-YouTube thread
oops.
-
The Sixth Dimension!
(Sorry about posting the other non-youtube thing here - it was only because of Paul's post.)
-
And if you don't like it or don't care don't worry, there's Nothing to Fear, (but fear itself). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yaPp7fiPBI&NR=1)
Nerdiest heavy metal ever. However, listening to that makes me think you might like Utopia (http://youtu.be/HxSnC222wLI).
I remember Oingo Boingo from your long ago mixdisc. Grey Matter, Grey Matter, O-O-O-Ooh.
-
How could Ash leave this one out? After all, how many songs have tar pits in them?
Pico and Sepulveda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_YPFvC-C_E)
-
That is an old song, but is the video new?
-
When the zombies come, I'm standing behind Jörg Sprave (http://youtu.be/JrHFxscunOA).
-
Making news in Canada: flaming tap water in Alberta. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWn7ARW7gpY) Not good. Not good.
-
Wow, flammable water. I don't know what else to say.
-
Making news in Canada: flaming tap water in Alberta. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWn7ARW7gpY) Not good. Not good.
In NY, too (http://youtu.be/TEtgvwllNpg)! Shallow gas deposits/natural gas drilling/misinjection - whee! They cause problems at work, too, but not like that.
-
Fracking is nasty as hell. I read a piece on the possibility of fracking in parts of upstate New York that are presently occupied by small family farms. That shit gets in the water, then it gets in the grass, then it gets in the cows, meaning no more small family farms. Sorry, we don't need the gas that badly.
-
The frack you say?(http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLGjRC4IRaMzD3CkLQURh3uWknDnQS0FwmyE5URZoGLsZRrt3d)
Forget it, Jake. Its Chinatown.
-
Fracking is nasty as hell. I read a piece on the possibility of fracking in parts of upstate New York that are presently occupied by small family farms. That shit gets in the water, then it gets in the grass, then it gets in the cows, meaning no more small family farms. Sorry, we don't need the gas that badly.
They haven't fracked much where I'm at for years, but starting this year they're going to do a whole lot more of it.
-
Professional golfer Ben Crane (http://youtu.be/zvpG62BwZSg).
-
Remember this guy (http://youtu.be/ek9m9n8uiw0).
Memorial post-NHL season post.
-
interactive lower back tats (http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/4m7v)
im sorry if i put this in the wrong place, wombat.
-
This is so in the wrong place.
Ah, who gives a fuck.
-
Who doesn't like Oingo Boingo (http://youtu.be/TKqhjh8bRug)?
-
nyan cat drum cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vC_6yb-KA)
where is my motherfuck*ng breakdown?
-
kickboxing machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBF7JKLir_8)
baaa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw) (this video will fuck you right up)
-
baaa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw) (this video will fuck you right up)
!
-
Yes, that fucked me right up.
-
Cyriak's a strange dude. Or whatever. I think this one (http://youtu.be/-0Xa4bHcJu8) is my favorite (may have been linked here before).
-
Paul, this isn't the J. Cash video that other site uses (http://youtu.be/o0MIFHLIzZY), but it's pretty cool all the same.
-
Ah thank you Nabu.
-
baby armadilly drinky wa-wa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP2Kn4mxz9w)
-
Cat Caught Barking and reverts back to meowing when caught (http://youtu.be/aP3gzee1cps).
-
Cat Caught Barking and reverts back to meowing when caught (http://youtu.be/aP3gzee1cps).
i thought cats didnt have a default shame organ...
-
Cats don't feel shame but I am pretty sure that like any creature that's so full of itself they do feel embarassment.
-
My cat ran full-tilt into a freshly cleaned sliding-glass door. That saw definitely embarrassment she displayed as she slunk behind the couch.
-
You've seen this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8), right? It's a respected DC news-man, so I cherish it all the more.
-
You've seen this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8), right? It's a respected DC news-man, so I cherish it all the more.
Everything about that is beautiful.
-
Everything about that is beautiful.
They're too cracked up to even notice that the model is carrying a damn water pail.
-
I just clicked on the "new" icon and it brought me to page 4 of 70. I guess I have some reading to do.
At one point, probably up until late-2006, I could honestly say that I'd read every single damn post on the board.
Now I sample them randomly and glean little bits of information through inference.
Is it true that Q and inev adopted a baby together?
Also, where's Zart? Man, that dude was quality people. He still listens to last.fm apparently.
-
This one got me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewknNW2b8Y&feature=player_embedded).
This is based on an actual news story in Canada (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xa3VcxWtI).
-
Badass moving a trailer (http://youtu.be/0Ugd4hdyRTc) (sorta long). Ash, for some reason I thought you'd appreciate this.
-
Why is he taking the trailer down the mountain empty?
-
Why is he taking the trailer down the mountain empty?
If that's your takeaway here, I got nothing.
-
Skill! That trucker should just use this clip as a resume/reason to demand a raise.
-
If that's your takeaway here, I got nothing.
Sure, I marveled at his driving skill, but I'm also curious why he was headed down the mountain unloaded.
-
Sure, I marveled at his driving skill, but I'm also curious why he was headed down the mountain unloaded.
I'm looking at that clip and I don't that it's conclusive that he's necessarily going down the hill. He may be going downward in the clip, but who knows why. And maybe there are two different places he is going to load. Maybe he brought stuff up, and only needed to bring half of the stuff back down. You've ruined christmas.
-
The guy probably does it 17 times a day, every day. It's been boring to him since his fourth day on the job.
He hates his life. Maybe today is the day he says screw it and floors it over the edge.
-
I'm looking at that clip and I don't that it's conclusive that he's necessarily going down the hill. He may be going downward in the clip, but who knows why. And maybe there are two different places he is going to load. Maybe he brought stuff up, and only needed to bring half of the stuff back down. You've ruined christmas.
Those rigs are pretty specific. They are pretty much exclusively used to haul logs. But you are right, he probably picked up from the high point first and will fill up the rest of the truck from lower down the mountain.
Christmas is saved.
-
Those rigs are pretty specific. They are pretty much exclusively used to haul logs. But you are right, he probably picked up from the high point first and will fill up the rest of the truck from lower down the mountain.
Christmas is saved.
Until Daddy gets heavy into the bourbon.
-
Ok, look. Let me say ahead of time that I'm really, really sorry about this.
Uploader's comment:
I used to work here, and helped design this tool . . .
When my Daughter is old enough to date,
I will show this to her suitors,
and tell them that I did this for a meager salary.
Imagine what I could come up with if I were truly motivated.
(http://youtu.be/a1ANKehRX0M)
-
Just killing the hogs wasn't enough?
-
Just killing the hogs wasn't enough?
I know - insult to injury!
Hey, this will make it all better (http://youtu.be/Xs_qphAk5vY).
-
Hey, this will make it all better (http://youtu.be/Xs_qphAk5vY).
Indeed it did.
-
It appears that's actually a duplicate of another YT video. It may have been posted here before.
-
And along the same lines (http://youtu.be/wgQNx_aRZgk).
-
I'm jealous there's not a home version, y'know how messy it is to do that manually? Half the time I'll skid and cut the colon and then it's messy clean up time.
What the fuck are those kids for?
-
[a dial-up modem, slowed down 700% (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2v32xCD0Y)
-
Keith the Wombat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxwVS5_0M70)
-
Ok, look. Let me say ahead of time that I'm really, really sorry about this.
Ah fuck. I think I might actually puke. I am currently giving myself the "don't puke, you don't want to puke" pep talk. Fuck. And no, the dog video did not make it better.
-
puppy butt reaction(happens around 0:25) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0DIBAZ8zU)
-
Ah fuck. I think I might actually puke. I am currently giving myself the "don't puke, you don't want to puke" pep talk. Fuck. And no, the dog video did not make it better.
I am sorry about that. My warning should have been less oblique. I hope you are feeling better.
-
I am sorry about that. My warning should have been less oblique. I hope you are feeling better.
I was already having really bad stomach issues all day, so the clip wasn't the only cause of the problem. I had to have the "don't puke" self-pep-talk more than once yesterday before seeing the clip, but was then sitting there feeling really ill and saw the clip, and it almost took me over the edge. I was able to distract myself by puttering in the garden for a while, so thankfully the puke response was fought off. My body's still a little pissed off at me. Four days of very poor (but delicious) eating was to blame.
-
When you are feeling pukey the best thing you can do is go ahead and puke. So If you feel it coming on, don't suppress it, encourage it.
-
When you are feeling pukey the best thing you can do is go ahead and puke. So If you feel it coming on, don't suppress it, encourage it.
Seconded. If you've got something in there that doesn't want to be in there, let it out. It's not doing you any good inside.
-
Nah - I feel pukey almost every day thanks to a weird digestive problem I have paired with permanent damage to my gag reflex areas due to a sever bout of food poisoning I was hospitalized for. I could vomit almost every day at some point if I didn't give myself the "don't puke" pep talk when I feel nauseous. Like right now, if I just chose to puke, I probably could with a bit of jiggling and maybe watching the pig video agian. Not that I ever want to or anything. It was especially bad that day due to two days of Indian food.
-
I will endeavour to remember that and not post really awful things, or at least be more clear in the warnings. I definitely did not intend to cause anyone distress.
-
Images that make me want to puke are actually quite limited. Mostlly anything with the combination of "anal" and "gushing" in the description, as well as images of actual vomiting or shit based pornography. In answer to an unasked question that brings us back on track with the original topic: No, I have never seen "Two Girls, One Cup" mostly because I know what it is and don't like to vomit, as previously noted.
-
I like this flash mob. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnd5JRu86E&feature=youtu.be)
-
I like this flash mob. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnd5JRu86E&feature=youtu.be)
Heh, I thought it was just being preachy at first but the build up was for a reason, nice.
-
Happy Canada Day, folks! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKwPrm7DYQ)
this is sufficiently brutal. it's BR00T4L!
-
William Shatner "sings" the Canadian national anthem. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlKA8670ZY)
-
I like this flash mob. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnd5JRu86E&feature=youtu.be)
I think I woulda shit my britches.
-
Wow, I just posted elsewhere about action being what matters.
I guess I'm not too much of a whack-o.
No, you are - just not about that.
-
[a dial-up modem, slowed down 700% (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2v32xCD0Y)
I'm amazed that slowing stuff down nearly always produces something rad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BTQ1oJ5T5A&feature=related
-
It's almost like a funeral march. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszSd4F6lPg&feature=related)
-
poor puppy does not understand physics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4CZLwV1cM)
-
It's almost like a funeral march. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszSd4F6lPg&feature=related)
Yup, always blows my mind.
-
But there's nothing better than slowed down jiggling tits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMGjWKS81Q) set to Queen.
-
But there's nothing better than slowed down jiggling tits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMGjWKS81Q) set to Queen.
800% PWNT!!!
-
Hey, that's not nice. I want to see jiggling tits.
-
Hey, that's not nice. I want to see jiggling tits.
If you can't find those on the internet on your own, you're using the internet wrong.
-
Suddenly, I was struck by the idea of a woman with slightly pendulous breasts painted pink like the Pokemon "Jigglypuff" singing:
"Jiiiiiiiiig-il-ly tiiiiiiiiiits, jig-il-llllllllll-e-e-y tits, jiiiiiiiiig-il-ly tiiits, jig-il-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
While, you know. Her titties jiggle.
-
Hey, that's not nice. I want to see jiggling tits.
You're right, I'm sorry. Have a can(s) (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/07/08/a-gaggle-of-jiggling-boob-gifs-22-gifs/).
Probably NSFW, and definitely a non-YouTube link.
Seriously though, in hindsight I see that the post was engineered such that you could not resist clicking that link. Sorry Paul.
-
Thank you very much.
-
dave grohl fucks up some tough guys evening, ian mackaye-style. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeEJFC_SK4) he doesnt offer him his money back, though.....
also, do bleeped out rockstar swearings make a video NSFW?
-
Surfin' Pug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrIHaG1z68)
-
dave grohl fucks up some tough guys evening, iam mackaye-style. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeEJFC_SK4) he doesnt offer him his money back, though.....
I saw Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes do a very similar thing once. He stopped the show after the second song and warned the crowd not to throw shit and also no crowd surfing. About three songs later he stopped the show again and tossed a dude out for throwing a shirt on the stage.
Also, you don't get your money back if you are fighting. Grohl is right, fuck that guy.
-
louis ck seemed less bitter 20 years ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhxutcpXPiE)
-
Well yeah, he has hair and is about 60 pounds thinner.
-
kitty DJs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTLgeqCaYMY)
-
techno-he-man-4 -non-blondes mash up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4)
i am creeped the fuck out by this video, but it makes me laugh so hard that i almost piss my #####. that has never happened to me before.
-
and the cat was like, "look at all the fucks i give." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCBofdIf9kg)
-
the announcers give the pissed off kid a break (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1E3j1Ptx1E)
-
l. ron hubbard's great-grandson takes him to the cleaners (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ)
a lot of the information presented isnt so hush-hush anymore. also, the spoken-word poetry delivery is way less cool than he thinks. still interesting, though.
-
Find the real pug. (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3d_1314463603)
-
wook at her wittle puppy ear fwappin'! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SZJ6PEH8Gs)
that shit would have asherdan in tears.
-
That dog looks a lot like my old Mack. If he's half the dog 'ol Mack was he'll be a winner.
-
After Mack Brown?
-
After Mack Brown?
After McRae, actually. I had a dog named Mack and a cat named Rae.
-
I thought I was being pretty clever, too.
-
wax on, fuck off (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c8ad4aa802/wax-on-f-ck-off-with-ralph-macchio)
-
What the...I don't even... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL9coC40-_4&feature=related)
-
What the...I don't even... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL9coC40-_4&feature=related)
apparently that was for a nissan commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVNCq1gHG0A). i dont remember seeing it, though.
-
apparently that was for a nissan commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVNCq1gHG0A). i dont remember seeing it, though.
The initial video implies that the ad only aired once, during the Super Bowl.
-
Coffee Jerks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssO5bKFJU0&feature=player_embedded)
-
Coffee Jerks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssO5bKFJU0&feature=player_embedded)
"then make it yourself you sonofabitching man-child!"
-
Coffee Jerks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssO5bKFJU0&feature=player_embedded)
Thought it might be a variant of circle jerking. Relieved... and a bit disappointed.
-
cybertreffen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_IGuUsqJwQ)
i weep for europe....
-
i weep for europe....
The speakers are out on my computer at the moment, but even without sound that looked like so much fun. Those young people were having a blast.
What was the music btw? I'm assuming some kind of industrial/techno/dance...
-
What was the music btw? I'm assuming some kind of industrial/techno/dance...
yep.
-
Should this go in the YouTube thread or the music thread? Hard to tell.
Jeff Tweedy covers the Black-Eyed Peas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PRmu0tr6k).
But that I could give Mr. Tweedy one thousand tiny cans of Dr. Pepper. DRANK!
-
troll or sincere? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDTuoloG9c)
-
But that I could give Mr. Tweedy one thousand tiny cans of Dr. Pepper.
I'll give you one for bringing this to my attention. You can share it with Mr Tweedy.
-
troll or sincere? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDTuoloG9c)
Oh, god troll I hope. If not, I weep for humanity.
-
how to flea treat big cats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA4lQIylzwg)
just in case.
-
Drive Recklessly (http://youtu.be/9S75Rfva9O8)
-
Adorable Canadian commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnqkS5wXvGQ)
-
Those were both great.
-
Should this go in the YouTube thread or the music thread? Hard to tell.
Jeff Tweedy covers the Black-Eyed Peas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PRmu0tr6k).
But that I could give Mr. Tweedy one thousand tiny cans of Dr. Pepper. DRANK!
He covered a lot of their songs at that function, apparently.
-
He covered a lot of their songs at that function, apparently.
I'd love to hear more. That one was hilarious. DRANK!
-
This guy is angry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFHBGGvuQhA&).
-
I think I missed the point there, coach...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfkR-z2VcGs&feature=player_embedded
-
forever less one day: copyright (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk862BbjWx4)
-
Anyone else remember when Hyakugoyuuichi!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqO5lNS094M) was a thing? I remember watching this back a decade ago.
-
It's like finding a hobo in my room... all over again.
-
Reading up on Neil Cicierega, he also created Potter Puppet Pals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4) and The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA). Dude is a meme generated machine.
-
This guy is far worse than Rebecca Black. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Jx3dFRCf8&feature=youtu.be) Is so bad.
-
This guy is far worse than Rebecca Black. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Jx3dFRCf8&feature=youtu.be) Is so bad.
"are you alone tonight?" [[shudder]]
-
This guy is far worse than Rebecca Black. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Jx3dFRCf8&feature=youtu.be) Is so bad.
Yeah, but at least it's weird.
-
What the... I don't even... (http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2011/09/kilt-wearing-man-plays-star-wars-theme.html)
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Qx8iEzm2E
(A friend showed up from South Bend, Indiana and had a video camera in tow...)
-
Nice.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Qx8iEzm2E
(A friend showed up from South Bend, Indiana and had a video camera in tow...)
Nice. Love the description of fighting.
Since we're posting: Noodling. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hpFKtQj3hk&)
-
Chew hole.
-
Nice. Love the description of fighting.
Since we're posting: Noodling. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hpFKtQj3hk&)
I like the banjo-stylie-thing. That's sort of the sound I like to play mostly (not the picking, though). Do you ever play 12-string?
-
Bravo to the creative people. Chew Mouth!
-
a beetle kills and partially eats a frog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFJ_CXJ0qPo)
-
Worse than Hitler? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24yUUHYlJEI&NR=1&feature=fvwp)
-
I love that song. Said James to Red Molly... I kinda like Rebecca Black too. I mean, the song is naff, but it's fun.
-
Hey, that reminds me: for a brief period I worked this weird position booking touring artists of all varieties to tour to small rural communities, and the best of all the artists I got to work with was Woody Holler and his Orchestra. Here's a little tour video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTx-CvCc_Nw) one of the band mates made of the resulting tour. One of the most thrilling experiences was hurrying through one of the creepy basements of one of these old rural theatres and encountering Woody and the band rehearsing in some dungeon-y corner. The music (http://woodyholler.ca/index.htm) some how made the darkness less unpleasant. Lovely musicians, polite gentlemen, true artists. I had to work with other performers who had half the talent and twice the ego, which is why I only did this work briefly. Okay another reason is that traveling isn't the life for me. The clip makes it look romantic, and sure, sometimes it is, but I like to rest my head in my own bed each night.
-
flula in germany (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxKivzjCFNg)
daddy long legs, who did name you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXyRVQN70U)
-
daddy long legs, who did name you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXyRVQN70U)
He seems genuinely perplexed.
-
Another rocking drummer (http://youtu.be/1nAWjNlwMfo).
-
Hey, I can put this here too! (http://youtu.be/M48mTGVtlns)
-
morning fluff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEd0G9d0Os)
-
morning fluff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEd0G9d0Os)
Is that TOUAMB's own AugustWest in the comments? I mean, I agree with the sentiment and all, but I thought AW was NicePete there, and also that's awfully strong language for AW.
-
Is that TOUAMB's own AugustWest in the comments? I mean, I agree with the sentiment and all, but I thought AW was NicePete there, and also that's awfully strong language for AW.
also, if the "1964" part of the login name is his birth year, he would be the same age as my mom.
-
also, if the "1964" part of the login name is his birth year, he would be the same age as my mom.
Nope, not me. If it were me it'd be AugustWest1965.
Sigh.
-
Nope, not me. If it were me it'd be AugustWest1965.
Sigh.
I was just looking at that thinking "those are awfully rough chuckles for Aug".
-
Nope, not me. If it were me it'd be AugustWest1965.
Sigh.
why you look so sad, August West?
-
The wifely hairy eyeball is universal.
-
drunk in the funhouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrtJ5qXYnqk&feature=player_embedded)
-
floppy disk imperial march (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHJOz_y9rZE)
-
a kid learns the ugly truth about star wars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbV5hn_ET0U)
-
MetalLego (http://youtu.be/1STxCE8uj3U)!
-
GKA posted this (http://youtu.be/rkwkcs9XYU0) on Facebook. I don't know if it's too cutesy for TOUAMB, but I laughed.
-
That woman is high as a kite.
-
The reason Ace and Pete made musician's union scale, while Gene and Paul were splitting up the big money (http://youtu.be/0jzve-Tmd70).
-
Barbs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlsBn188V9c&feature=related)
-
Barbs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlsBn188V9c&feature=related)
Man, have I seen that before.
-
It must really get lonely in the Arctic if you're bothering the kitties, Nabu.
-
It must really get lonely in the Arctic if you're bothering the kitties, Nabu.
I so wish there was a cat up here. They should have camp pets.
-
WARNING! POSSIBLE BREAKING BAD SPOILERS!
Mostly in the comments but also the description of the video.
Major Tom karaoke style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugY6HNLOCo).
This isn't new, and sorry if y'all are already hip to this, but this is basically treasure.
-
This goes right here (http://youtu.be/tfW7YzBonsM), god bless them every one.
-
I'm all for Kiss, but I think this might be John McCain on bass (http://youtu.be/zgkLhfiGIqY).
-
I'm all for Kiss, but I think this might be John McCain on bass (http://youtu.be/zgkLhfiGIqY).
Ha!
-
Ha!
I can see it.
-
I can see it.
I stared and stared, and I could not figure out what was going on in my brain until I hit that. And then I was kind of dumbfounded. It was a strange experience.
-
That's not good, indeed (http://youtu.be/cwkbtvQbBW4).
-
confused pug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9aI4-AFumc)
-
Brilliant! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0&feature=player_embedded)
-
Brilliant! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0&feature=player_embedded)
Oh yeah, that really is completely brilliant. I used to do that on the job, but the morons I worked with could never figure it out.
-
Oh yeah, that really is completely brilliant. I used to do that on the job, but the morons I worked with could never figure it out.
My dad used that method.
I never could figure it out.
-
Brilliant! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0&feature=player_embedded)
You know that he just made a crochet chain with an extension cord, right? You realize that's what that is?
Just so we're clear.
-
That deal was brilliant, but this guy (http://youtu.be/MziOBf60Kn0) might be taking things too seriously.
-
That deal was brilliant, but this guy (http://youtu.be/MziOBf60Kn0) might be taking things too seriously.
Yeah, that's the method I use on extension cords and garden hoses, but that dude is fuck*ng batshit.
-
That deal was brilliant, but this guy (http://youtu.be/MziOBf60Kn0) might be taking things too seriously.
That was extremely illuminating. When I played in bands I always tried to roll up the cables in their natural flow not not because I thought I was damaging them, but because they lay better in the cases if they are not all kinked up. But it was always really difficult to accomplish and it took longer too. Now I see that it could be easily accomplished with the over and under method. I could have really used this video about 25 years ago.
-
Yeah, that guy may be crazy, but I go through at least 3 cords a year, so he is probably right.
-
This made me laugh pretty hard. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAtPoJt3BA)
-
Yeah, that guy may be crazy, but I go through at least 3 cords a year, so he is probably right.
He's absolutely right. I taught this method to each and every intern I worked with when I was in radio.
-
I.
What? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4AWNui9bg)
-
I.
What? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4AWNui9bg)
that was barfalicious.
-
They should do a duet with Rebecca Black.
-
Computer in my room takes twenty minutes to load a video, computer in my office never gives me the option to press play. Win.
-
Protection.
-
I.
What? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4AWNui9bg)
I don't really like parody that tries too hard to pass for what it's parodying. It's like the humour gets sacrificed for cleverness. The "tell" is near-facial-tic amount of winking that one guy does. Honestly, the only reason I watched this the whole way through was that I hoped they might collapse in a pile of making out with each other and groping at the end.
-
Perhaps my dream of teaching pugs to play soccer is not so unrealistic after all. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6kbmAioDg)
-
Perhaps my dream of teaching pugs to play soccer is not so unrealistic after all. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6kbmAioDg)
why do pugs always sound like they are suffering from a respiratory ailment?
-
Because they are, basically. They are tragically, adorably deformed.
-
A pretty interesting mash up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YABGdai5k&feature=share)
-
Rad, show, rad.
-
A pretty interesting mash up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YABGdai5k&feature=share)
I have that one but I can't remember who put it together.
-
that was unexpectedly good.
-
I know, right? There's something about that shit eating grin on Astley's face that takes on an entirely different dimension when angst is brought to the table.
-
I think this one's even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G59mwd3D1qQ&feature=related
-
I wasn't sure where to put this, but:
Who says Canada is a kinder, gentler nation (http://youtu.be/JrkEROiQsa8)?
-
I recently rediscovered this video I made as my final presentation in my German class at that school in new york: http://youtu.be/UOxxymd43CE
I remember exactly the faces of the class when I concluded with this and slapped the microphone out of my face.
-
I wasn't sure where to put this, but:
Who says Canada is a kinder, gentler nation (http://youtu.be/JrkEROiQsa8)?
That's funny but also makes me really sad.
-
***** dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM) has come a long way since Mr Robato.
-
***** dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM) has come a long way since Mr Robato.
It's roboto, of course, but that ain't no thing (unless there's a joke here I'm not getting - but maybe you're just dodging the filter).
That said, I will go ahead and say that I found that young man tremendously appealing, in an unprofessional way. Holy fuck.
-
Also, thank you for introducing me to crack cocaine, jaydub. I appreciate it.
-
I live to serve. I thought having 2 filtered words in the same sentence would be excessively arcane.
-
Every so often I get sucked into watching clip after clip of androids. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fyerKwcuXw&feature=related) I have no idea why, but it is a thing I could do for hours.
-
all i want for Christmas is you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqz94ODz18)(its what you think, but its not exactly what you think.)
-
Wow!
-
I'll admit I'm on a bit of a Lego kick right now, but holy shit (http://youtu.be/uYlA3NV0rFA).
-
This kid from my city has a bit of YouTube hit on his hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IrNcD34KFhM) There's something adorably youthful and earnest about how much this kid loves Jesus. I'm being sincere about this. I know it's hard to tell sometimes, especially from a lady such as me. I've seen this kid interviewed, and he just... he just likes Jesus.
-
That was a lot of fun smells.
-
racist field trip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PToqVW4n86U)
dudes delivery makes this smile/laugh-worthy, but thinking about the actual implications made my stomach feel kind of hurt-y.
-
racist field trip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PToqVW4n86U)
dudes delivery makes this smile/laugh-worthy, but thinking about the actual implications made my stomach feel kind of hurt-y.
Dude tells a funny story, that's certainly true, but what are the actual implications? I'm not sure that I think the field trip was necessarily a bad idea. Should kids not be taught about the history of slavery? Were the black kids singled out? Were they forced to pick cotton?
Seems to me that the actual experience could really bring home how difficult and wearing picking cotton in sun all day long could be. Kids could learn more about what it meant to be a slave in a more real, visceral way. Why would that be a racist thing?
-
I was gonna say something, but August beat me to it and of course he said it better than I would have so I'll just say "What August Said."
-
That was on that sweet racism link somebody posted a while back. I shared that blog with a lot of people. A lot.
sMells, I was thinking that was going to be Tim Tebow-related, and it wasn't. It was so much better.
-
I bet wombles would have something to say about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbNl3J8HXw4&feature=player_embedded).
I missed this. Cruelty to frogs! There's a similar video going around with a bearded dragon. It's the new thing to do to drive your herps crazy.
-
piano desk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdJp5-g69go)
-
I missed this. Cruelty to frogs! There's a similar video going around with a bearded dragon. It's the new thing to do to drive your herps crazy.
Can you use a different word for this in the future? That was pretty jarring.
-
What else do you have to do with the next 58 seconds of your life (http://youtu.be/8l_7RlfJhAY)?
-
The Geekiest Musical Instrument Ever Made (http://www.neatorama.com/2011/12/28/the-geekiest-musical-instrument-ever-made/)
-
The Geekiest Musical Instrument Ever Made (http://www.neatorama.com/2011/12/28/the-geekiest-musical-instrument-ever-made/)
i am awestruck.
-
What else do you have to do with the next 58 seconds of your life (http://youtu.be/8l_7RlfJhAY)?
I love this kind of shit for some reason.
-
I love this kind of shit for some reason.
I know the reason. The rest of them, they don't know.
-
Harvey and the Cone of Sadness. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHL24QsTJbE)
-
dude plays "flight of the bumblebee" hella fast on an electronic steel drum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-IBlyIM4-4)
-
Electronic Steel Drum? What will they think of next.
-
It kind of looks like a rice cooker.
-
We certainly don't get ads like this in the US : Rhian Touches Herself (http://www.adweek.com/video/advertising-branding/freakiest-ads-2011-mcac-rhian-touches-herself-136806?auto) (NSFW?)
-
"james bond, international man of misogyny." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8lJEgEuTk)
-
Remember that crazy video of the guy dancing to Foster the People (I think from GKA)?
In that same vein, here's NextLevel Squad, flexing to Zilla March (http://youtu.be/9cjM1UZxljU). (I hope this hasn't been posted and I missed it.)
-
That was me - I heard my morning radio crew flipping out over it. An interesting contrast between those two videos: the first guy gave the illusion of non-human joint maneuvers with his style and his shirt pattern. This crew just has non-human joints. Ouch.
-
squirrels shakin' they ass to an old michael jackson jam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CRJ-Sqm1cK4#!)
(well, its one squirrel, but they after effects'ed it all up.)
-
Thanks GKA, I just use that clip to razz my hubby on FB. He hates squirrels due to the fact one bit through his ear while he was saving it's life as a child.
-
Thanks GKA, I just use that clip to razz my hubby on FB. He hates squirrels due to the fact one bit through his ear while he was saving it's life as a child.
once bitten, etc.
-
dachshund wants the baby to play fetch ever so badly (http://youtu.be/ecrbW_rr0lk)
-
super-adorb's!! (As I sometimes say to my pup)
-
breaking bad RPG(gameboy style) (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg)
-
breaking bad RPG(gameboy style) (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg)
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be a stickler and call you out on that not being a YT link.
-
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be a stickler and call you out on that not being a YT link.
oh, poopie...
-
Canadians get ads that don't suck for the Super Bowl (http://youtu.be/y0qZYqdsYAg).
-
Ira Glass did a thing about something like this. It was about a group that does this sort of thing, shows up unexpectedly and makes a big deal out of something that would not other wise attract much attention. Hell, it might even be this same group. And in the case on This American Life they showed up at a club where an unknown band played and made their night. But later it made the band depressed. It was very sad.
-
Kinda reminds me of Glen! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qeu7JRwt0)
-
Likewise, Hank (http://youtu.be/uEKa6AjVrPM), which I'd never seen.
-
And in the case on This American Life they showed up at a club where an unknown band played and made their night. But later it made the band depressed. It was very sad.
I can totally see this. You're up there and you're thinking "Damn, something happened, we're really taking off!" And then later to find out it was pretty much a goof, and you go back to playing small crowds... well, shit.
My band did a "reunion show" a couple years after we broke up. It was homecoming weekend, and people who were freshmen when we'd last played together were now seniors. So we had a surprising number of people show up, very enthusiastic, "can't wait to hear you guys place, we've missed you," etc. Which was great. But at the same time, there was a bit of "Where the hell were you back when we were playing with regularity?" And that bummed me out a little. There have been no reunion shows since.
-
Here's the story (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/286/mind-games?act=1)
-
Yeah, interesting piece. What bugs me most is the fact that people made fun of the band for "falling for it." What the fuck were they supposed to do? See through it, announce "You people are faking it," and leave the stage? It's way too easy to laugh at people for falling for practical jokes in hindsight, when seeing through the ruse was really all but impossible. Not unlike the discussion of the use of "Troll Face" a while ago. Man, people are dicks.
-
jammy dodger? (http://youtu.be/SGxKhUuZ0Rc)
-
jammy dodger? (http://youtu.be/SGxKhUuZ0Rc)
Promptly shared the fuck out of that.
-
that video was NSFW and i totally forgot to warn you guys. i hope nobody got yelled at by their boss or uptight coworkers.
-
asherdan's long-lost twin hands out parental justice to a wayward teen daughter (http://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU)
im posting this everywhere
-
asherdan's long-lost twin hands out parental justice to a wayward teen daughter (http://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU)
im posting this everywhere
/b/ has gotten hold of this. It's all over.
This will not end well.
-
That irate dad comes off as immature as his daughter.
-
That irate dad comes off as immature as his daughter.
oh yeah? well, your face is immature.
-
Computer shooting dad was on the news last night.
-
paul, you need to get this guy (http://youtu.be/PXYjgHC_Ycw) to dance on your car.
-
paul, you need to get this guy (http://youtu.be/PXYjgHC_Ycw) to dance on your car.
Spandy Andy is Canadian. And adorable.
-
He's got moves.
-
86 pages. I'm not going back to look for this, but Nic Cage losing his shit (http://youtu.be/xP1-oquwoL8).
-
86 pages. I'm not going back to look for this, but Nic Cage losing his shit (http://youtu.be/xP1-oquwoL8).
So good.
-
I'm not sure why there are any Nicolas Cage movies I haven't seen.
-
I'm not sure why there are any Nicolas Cage movies I haven't seen.
FTFY
-
FTFY
No. Even if you're just looking at Raising Arizona and Wild at Heart, dude has delivered the goods. I'll admit that he's wandered into the DeNiro/Oldman/Michael Caine "as long as the check will clear I'll do it" zone, but he's made some solid films.
-
Don't piss off
the gibbon Spiderman. (http://youtu.be/RA3_Ty3U29I)
-
Bad Lieutenant? So good.
-
Grandmas are awesome! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LW-ADgjRdCU#!)
-
I'm hoping you've already seen Marcel The Shell With Shoes On (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9-sEbqDvU)? I think I like part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Ta9K22D0o5Q) better.
-
Three Cats, One Fir (http://youtu.be/Fz4ACLK0P4M) (I didn't come up with the name). I must have watched this way back when, but there is nothing about this video that is not treasure. My favorite part is around 3:30 (http://youtu.be/Fz4ACLK0P4M?t=3m29s), when Zha climbs up behind the monitor and then turns back around to get at the tiny tree again.
-
You should know that to my amazement the fir continued to thrive and I repotted it a couple weekends ago into four different pots due to the fact it budded off and had babies! The kitties still love to brush up against it, but never did any damage.
The name was because that other video of the similar monkier was popular around the time I posted that. I hoped it would get some weird run-off attention based on the name. Now I'm pretty glad it didn't.
-
I never saw the other video (and I'm not about to now). You say there are monkeys in it? That's just wrong.
-
I'm hoping you've already seen Marcel The Shell With Shoes On (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9-sEbqDvU)? I think I like part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Ta9K22D0o5Q) better.
Why would you be hoping that we had seen it? You should have been hoping that we hadn't - like I hadn't - so you would now know that my life is so much better because you shared that with me. When Marcel loses his shit because the dog jumps up . . . so good.
(I apologize for the delay in responding - I watched number one a day or two ago and I was waiting for privacy in the office to watch number two. Seriously, Mel, you really improve my quality of life.)
(I will say that I kind of want to see what the woman who does Marcel's voice looks like.)
-
She was on Conan O'Brian a few weeks ago, and is an attractive lady.
I was hoping everyone had seen it already because it is so good that it must be seen and the sooner the better.
-
And now I want to find that clip.
Because I find her voice strangely appealing and somehow attractive, ok? Yes, I know I am a bad person. You do not need to tell me.
-
And now I want to find that clip.
Because I find her voice strangely appealing and somehow attractive, ok? Yes, I know I am a bad person. You do not need to tell me.
Here you go. (http://aboutconanobrien.com/conan-obrien/jenny-slates-crazy-marcel-the-shell-voice-conan-on-tbs/)
-
Alright, this looks pretty good. (http://www.youtube.com/user/theyearinreview/rewind)
-
Here you go. (http://aboutconanobrien.com/conan-obrien/jenny-slates-crazy-marcel-the-shell-voice-conan-on-tbs/)
She is fantastic.
-
Yes, and apparently she was on Saturday Night Live for a season, but I don't remember her at all.
-
I don't remember her at all either. SNL kinda sucks now and I haven't watched in a number of years. A shame too because it's probably my favorite show of all time.
It was great in the 70s. Went downhill in the 80s. Got good again in the 90s and went way downhill in the 2000s.
-
Yes, and apparently she was on Saturday Night Live for a season, but I don't remember her at all.
I almost feel like I have a vague memory of that.
-
David Thomas of Pere Ubu (and RFTT) - and Zolar X. (http://youtu.be/ZvxJdTrDXik) (Music and video nowhere close to synced).
DT: Self-expression should be left to professionals; we're the only kind of people who can deal with the disappointment.
R: Okaaaaaaay.
DT: Musicians are liars and cheats.
-
Help me out here people. I really can't decide if I love or hate Karmin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4&feature=relmfu). I'm right on the fence with this one.
-
Hm. If it helps, Chris Brown is a fuckhead.
-
3.5 years of photos in 33 seconds (http://youtu.be/YxcbStL-ji4). Different than a lot of them because she does fun things with hair/makeup/clothes. Also she is absurd cute.
-
3.5 years of photos in 33 seconds (http://youtu.be/YxcbStL-ji4). Different than a lot of them because she does fun things with hair/makeup/clothes. Also she is absurd cute.
She really is. I think growing up in the 90s made the pixie look a thing for me.
-
She really is. I think growing up in the 90s made the pixie look a thing for me.
4.5 years (http://youtu.be/1llHXUfEdrI).
-
Well, I ended up crying softly to myself for a bit after this one. (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/reddit-users-help-fulfill-terminal-cancer-patient-last-175333338.html) "The internet can do anything" says his friend.
-
Well, I ended up crying softly to myself for a bit after this one. (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/reddit-users-help-fulfill-terminal-cancer-patient-last-175333338.html) "The internet can do anything" says his friend.
with friends like that...
-
Well, I ended up crying softly to myself for a bit after this one. (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/reddit-users-help-fulfill-terminal-cancer-patient-last-175333338.html) "The internet can do anything" says his friend.
It's not a video, but this'll tug at your heartstrings too.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/frank_deford/02/22/Cory-Weissman-makes-a-point/index.html
-
Awe... that's just lovely.
-
new japanese fruit-juicing gadget/cavity-inducingly sweet commercial (http://youtu.be/TvXqnfFkfH4)
-
This is why I love YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSPQOrmvHE&feature=related) I just got sucked into about an hour of watching how folks are playing guitar in Botswana. This is what the internets are for people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMsA_1YA82w&feature=related) There are clips of other folks in Botswana playing in this style, but it seems to me that this Ronnie guy is particularly impressive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTvyHKBuUpQ&feature=related)
-
This is why I love YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSPQOrmvHE&feature=related) I just got sucked into about an hour of watching how folks are playing guitar in Botswana. This is what the internets are for people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMsA_1YA82w&feature=related) There are clips of other folks in Botswana playing in this style, but it seems to me that this Ronnie guy is particularly impressive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTvyHKBuUpQ&feature=related)
his style has kind of a ukelele-like twang to it that is really rad.
-
j-fal as neil young and the actual boss do a thoughtful cover of "sexy and i know it" by LMFAO (http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Neil-Young-and-Bruce-Springsteen:-Sexy-And-I-Know-It-(3/2/12)/1388766)
AFAIC its hell of funny
-
I need to go to japan
http://vimeo.com/37378579
As awesome as the snow in japan has been this past winter, I really can't in good conscience post any skiing video without linking the JP Auclair segment from All I Can. Without a doubt the best clip this season.
http://vimeo.com/32863936
-
Good Lord!
-
How...? I mean... Good Lord! He willfully sprung a bear trap on his arm.
-
How...? I mean... Good Lord! He willfully sprung a bear trap on his arm.
Yeah. Like, what the fuck did you think was going to happen moron?
-
I think there is a whole 'JackAss Generation' out there that thinks that, in some way, being a fuck*ng idiot tool makes you something more than an idiot tool.
I'd say they're full of it.
theyre people that want attention and possibly money without having to actually have or develop a skill/talent.
-
Its a good thing he moved that bucket out of the way. (??)
-
Help me out here people. I really can't decide if I love or hate Karmin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4&feature=relmfu). I'm right on the fence with this one.
Just got around to checking this one out. That's some impressive vocalizing. Completely distracted by her chest though (not that its a bad thing...)
-
It annoys me how they take out all the cusses. I get a Christian-y (Mormon?) vibe from them.
-
He shoulda dropped his balls in there to better the human race. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpAvycIQwnY&feature=player_embedded)
File this under "If you're going to be an idiot, I am going to laugh at you."
So shocked that lack-wit works on radio.
-
This is that internet sarcasm thing I've been hearing about?
I learned it by watching you! (http://youtu.be/Y-Elr5K2Vuo)
-
I was all prepared to come here and make a comment along the lines of how annoying I find it when a group does a song in a radically different style thinking it's all ironic and will get them a lot of attention. But I kinda enjoyed that (the breast probably helped) and they certainly got plenty of attention. 60 million views worth of attention. Wow! I wanted to know what they normally sound like and it looks like they are hits in their own right. They've even been on SNL (http://youtu.be/NbObh9iQ-dI). And apparently the rapping is sincere because they are rapping on their original songs too. Anyway, am I the only one who had never heard of them before today?
-
I wouldn't have much of an issue if it wasn't for the kid there who watched it all, apparently.
-
That was fun.
-
4th grade girls first ski jump (http://youtu.be/ebtGRvP3ILg)
she has some pretty wicked sack to be performing a feat like that!
-
Favorite comment: "How did she get off the ground with those MASSIVE BALLS."
-
Least favorite comment (and corollary to the above): "She's a DUDE"
-
4th grade girls first ski jump (http://youtu.be/ebtGRvP3ILg)
she has some pretty wicked sack to be performing a feat like that!
I showed this to my sister in law who is laid up with pin in her leg after breaking her tibia and fibia at a downhill race. The accident ended her season, and she's feeling pretty down about that, so this was a nice little pick me up for her.
-
Is this an ok place to put this video Pedro made with his brother to promote the brother's new comic book? Or should that go in the designated section for shameless self-promotion?
Aw, who cares. This is funny as shit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JediidC1wyY). I don't care if you buy the book, my husband is a creepity ass motherfucker when he wants to be, and Gabe's depression is comedy fuck*ng gold.
-
Are all younger brothers bigger than the elders? Where is the justice? (Maybe it is justice).
-
Are all younger brothers bigger than the elders? Where is the justice? (Maybe it is justice).
You know, it's funny, but I didn't realize that was the case until you mentioned it. I guess because I have known Gabe since he was 9 years old, but he will always be a little kid to me. But yeah, he has 4 older siblings (3 brothers and a sister) and he is taller than all of them now.
I am not bigger than my older brother. Maybe it only works with guys.
-
Very Ron Swanson, no?
-
All my older brothers are smaller. My younger brother is a yeti.
-
I've decided my parents hadn't figured out the whole feeding the kid thing until later. Or maybe they just stuffed the little ones so they'd shut up.
-
Pedro's second oldest brother used to spit on the last piece of pizza. The oldest one would eat it anyway. There was definitely stiff competition for food in their house. Which is probably why the youngest didn't have his last big growth spurt until he was 17 and the rest of his siblings were out of the house. I swear I am not exaggerating, the kid literally grew four inches in three months between his junior and senior year of high school. He went from being the shortest in the family to being the tallest over the course of one summer break.
-
I went to high school with Jon Barry (basketball legend Rick Barry's kid) and over summer break between sophomore and junior years he went from probably 5'4 (shorter than me) to about 6'1 (he ended up about 6'4). I literally did not recognize him and at one of the opening school year assemblies I asked a classmate who the new kid was. It wasn't just that he got taller, but his whole face sort of stretched forwards, his formerly jug-handle ears were suddenly proportionate, and his quiet mannerisms were a lot more expansive. That remains the most amazing physical transformation I've ever seen.
-
My brother is marginally taller than I am. Maybe an inch taller.
-
me(29)-6'
Cesar(27)-6'
Noah(22)-5' 9"
Josh(20)-6'
there are different genetics involved, but thats how we ended up. my mom is a shorty at 5' 2", like her dad, who was maybe 5' 6".
-
When I was growing up we had to open the carton of ice cream all the way up and slice it into slabs because there were too many of us to use a scoop on it. No leftovers in our house ever.
-
Did you ever put the slab between two toasted waffles? Because that is awesome.
-
That sounds like a GOOD ASS SANDWICH! Wrong thread, two minute penalty.
-
there is a local amusement park that serves that exact treat up for a few bucks. they buy the ice cream slices, but THEY MAKE THE WAFFLES FROM EFFIN SCRATCH.
-
I am chastened, but maintain that it's Nabu's fault.
-
I blame myself.
-
News footage of the time in 1990 that a Depeche Mode in-store autograph session at Wherehouse Records in L.A. caused a 'near riot'.
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/03/19/depeche-mode-wherehouse-riot-video/
-
When I was growing up we had to open the carton of ice cream all the way up and slice it into slabs because there were too many of us to use a scoop on it. No leftovers in our house ever.
Yep, that's how my mom did it, too (6 kids).
-
Yep, that's how my mom did it, too (6 kids).
Did you have to mix powdered milk? Because that sucked.
-
News footage of the time in 1990 that a Depeche Mode in-store autograph session at Wherehouse Records in L.A. caused a 'near riot'.
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/03/19/depeche-mode-wherehouse-riot-video/
Made me listen to Depeche Mode. Had to remind myself how much they suck.
-
Diff strokes. I dig 'em.
Of course, I only don't like the big three.
-
Diff strokes. I dig 'em.
The '80s are pretty much a black hole of suck for me anyway, but at least Madonna had a little bit of pep in her music. DM is just dreary.
-
I'll be honest, DM occupies the same place in my brain that Pink Floyd does. I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way, but that's what happens to me.
-
Fair Enough.
-
wow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4) susan boyle part 2?
-
wow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4) susan boyle part 2?
he's her illegitimate child.
-
I have such a problem watching that (well, all reality stuff). The overdone takes, the loooong dragging out of every single thing, all of it. So annoying. Those two kids have great voices and all, but I just.
-
He's an ugly fat kid, he can't possibly have any talent. Where does that assumption spring from? It was clearly manufactured to be Susan Boyle II, but for me the surprise of Susan Boyle was that she waited until middle age to test the waters. How could someone with a voice that good, and aspirations to be a singer, never pursued that path before now? In this case I was expecting it to be good. I guess the main difference is, Boyle didn't have a pretty little friend with big lungs to help bolster her confidence.
Anywhoo, the kid has a great voice. I don't know if he's the next Pavarotti as Simon claims, but sure, why not.
-
How could someone with a voice that good, and aspirations to be a singer, never pursued that path before now?
Probably no one's ever encouraged him. That same perception, singers have to be attractive. I feel like we've been over this--in the modern video age, being good-looking is almost as important as being able to sing, which is of course objectively ridiculous, but that's where we are. The point of every Mariah Carey video is "Look how hot Mariah Carey is!" And I'm not saying she isn't, but the hotness of the singer doesn't do much for me when I'm listening in my car or on headphones. Would Colbie Caillat have a recording contract if she wasn't cute as hell? Not that she's a bad singer, but there's plenty of young women in coffeehouses with guitars who deserve that kind of shot too, but aren't as blonde and pretty.
-
So annoying. Even with our Youtube thread here, my ratio of videos watched to songs heard is asymptotically close to zero. I don't give a rip what a musician looks like. In fact, the pretty faces with autotuned talent are even more corrosive to my enjoyment of pop music.
-
Connection making: the gentlemen from Ween? Not conventionally attractive. Of course, dude doesn't have the best voice, either.
-
The point of every Mariah Carey video is "Look how hot Mariah Carey is!"
I've bought several Mariah Carey CDs at the pawn shop. I don't think I ever listened to them.
I think this one is my favorite.
(http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/m/mariah-carey/album-rainbow.jpg)
Especially the back cover
(http://static.flickr.com/20/73034159_bab7f637d7_o.jpg)
-
I guess, if you're into that.
I think she has a weird face. Like she's one of Jim Henson's creations, tragically born ten years too late for a role in Labyrinth.
-
as for me, its 90s mariah, or nothing.
-
I guess, if you're into that.
Well, you like to fuck hairy dudes, so our tastes aren't always going to line up.
as for me, its 90s mariah, or nothing.
Is this '90s Mariah? I really have no idea.
-
I dunno, I'd give 'er a jump.
-
Well, you like to fuck hairy dudes, so our tastes aren't always going to line up.
That's what makes the world go 'round, dude.
-
That's what makes the world go 'round, dude.
Have a TCODP and a smile.
-
elephant plays with a smartphone (http://youtu.be/KBrmaE82uY4)
or, as LFM would say, "magical marketing BS is magical."
-
My hubby's work recently supplied him with that phone. It has a terrible battery life. Barely lasts a day.
I'm awfully cynical about that ad - I'm thinking some digital manipulation of the images occurred. Are elephant noses that precise?
-
My hubby's work recently supplied him with that phone. It has a terrible battery life. Barely lasts a day.
I'm awfully cynical about that ad - I'm thinking some digital manipulation of the images occurred. Are elephant noses that precise?
a) suckfest battery life is mainly why i was always reticent to own a smartphone to begin with.
b) videoshopping is a distinct possibility. animals dont always follow a script(especially those that are as huge).
-
dollar shave club (http://youtu.be/ZUG9qYTJMsI)
the commercial is pretty funny and its a legit company (http://www.dollarshaveclub.com).
Eidt: fixed link.
-
thermal imaging of a fart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FOM_2kCOaM)
-
thermal imaging of a fart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FOM_2kCOaM)
Damn, I would not have guessed it to make such a large cloud.
-
Damn, I would not have guessed it to make such a large cloud.
havent you ever noticed how if you try to leave a fart somewhere else, it always travels with you?
-
We all carry H2S (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_sulfide) monitors at work, because it can and will kill you. I worked with a guy who delighted in seeing how high he could peg the meter all by his ownself. His high point was somewhere in the range of 2000 ppm, which if it was coming off a well would cause us to stop work thereupon.
-
Oh god, I couldn't make it to the end of that one. Since you decided to cause some suffering, here is the payback. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE) As well as being sucky music, both Ash's clip and mine also depict very different women failing womankind in different but equally terrible ways.
-
I think you win Smells, or lose, not sure which applies here. Ash's song is so bad it's funny. Yours is just bad. I'm almost convinced that it's meant to be a parody, but it's not funny, so it doubly fails.
-
I learned it by watching you! (http://youtu.be/Y-Elr5K2Vuo)
The best! I remember how delighted I was when somewhat recently I realized I could probably find the clip on the internet, and I actually did. Exactly how I remembered it.
-
This is like watching a train wreck that won't ever end... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=57Sb14dyaUc#!)
That's pretty painful. So the beginning of the video almost seemed like porn. Like one of those sex teacher videos. /shudder
-
That's pretty painful. So the beginning of the video almost seemed like porn. Like one of those sex teacher videos. /shudder
That's exactly what I thought, but I assumed it was just because I've been looking at too much of that stuff lately.
As for the actual "rule" someone should make a response video about how maybe she should work on her self esteem instead of worrying what her man is doing. And for the "Hot Problems" girl, I'd like them to be directed toward an auto tune program.
-
re: "hot problems": the song is written from the perspective of one of those young dumb bitches* that is always in the middle of some stupid bullshit drama, yet is known to say things like, " i hate drama!"
*yeah, yeah, yeah. i know.
-
jack black brought two little kiwi dude's dreams to life (http://youtu.be/HDValTQE1oU)
-
This is like watching a train wreck that won't ever end... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=57Sb14dyaUc#!)
She could use auto-tune as well. Or maybe someone should just tell her she can't sing, and she could do something else.
-
jack black brought two little kiwi dude's dreams to life (http://youtu.be/HDValTQE1oU)
Les Petites Fornicateurs!
(Can't really remember my french, but wouldn't it be "petits"?)
-
Awe, that's cute.
Also, I was cursing myself today because I had "Hot Problems" stuck in my head this morning. So bad, bad in a not good way.
-
Wait, you've heard that whole song? I turned that fucker off about 30 seconds in (same with that other mess).
-
God help me, I'm starting to like that 3 second rule song.
-
random, goofy acts of kindness (http://youtu.be/2ZA4q3hViE8)
-
random, goofy acts of kindness (http://youtu.be/2ZA4q3hViE8)
Lots of artcars have pa's like this. I totally want one for my car. I would give people compliments.
-
Friend of a friend had a hearse. With a PA. That he played dirge-y organ music over as he drove slowly through neighborhoods.
Yes, he was a Goth.
-
Holy Shit Snacks, I woke up this morning with 3 Second Rule running through my head. Arrrrrgh!
-
things you cant do when youre not a dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emfDkcfWDew)
-
Whoa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8)
-
Whoa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8)
towards the end when they show the close-ups/the tiny camera pans in a circle around the insects after they have been destroyed by the fungus and that eerie music is playing, it reminds me of a tim burton movie.
(ugh. that sentence is constructed shamefully.)
-
how to survive a ***** uprising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-G3RoBHMu-o)
-
Breakdance: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-67YM_Huc4&sns=fb=) when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!
-
Breakdance: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-67YM_Huc4&sns=fb=) when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!
Holy shit. If loving this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J-67YM_Huc4#t=32s) is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
-
Holy shit. If loving this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J-67YM_Huc4#t=32s) is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
So I clicked on that first link after already having seen your post but not having clicked the link. 30 seconds in, "oh, there it is". I love how dude's head is all cocked like a pigeon's.
-
Totally! Even better than the bouncing boobs.
Well, maybe not.
-
Breakdance: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-67YM_Huc4&sns=fb=) when you're doing it wrong, yet doing it so very right!
that reminded me of this: golimar! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2k3gE9ibso)
-
What about at around 2:00 when they're all like "okay we're done dancing... ha, just kidding!" And of course the classic Bollywood move: leaning in for a kiss that never happens.
-
What about at around 2:00 when they're all like "okay we're done dancing... ha, just kidding!" And of course the classic Bollywood move: leaning in for a kiss that never happens.
Oh, the false stop! I noticed that too. I love it.
that reminded me of this: golimar! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2k3gE9ibso)
I could spend all day looking at Bollywood song videos.
I got so obsessed when Ghost World turned me on to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBbjc5hmho). More along the lines of imitating Western pop, there of course is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ky5ClIjL8). I know everyone's already seen these two but they still bring me joy.
-
I got so obsessed when Ghost World turned me on to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBbjc5hmho).
My wife and I sing/quote that song to each other all the time and have since we watched the movie together very early in our relationship. Also, whenever I have someone new over to the house (usually in the bar) I play that song on the iPod. It is irresistible. Even my punk/metal hockey-loving pothead b-i-l is a huge fan.
-
There's a Heineken commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zo8O5pDXc) that uses the song too, which I enjoy because it reminds me of being in Indonesia. Actually, Heineken commercials (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOHGWM3hmw) are the only beer commercials I can stomach.
I don't recall the use of that song in Ghost World though. I don't recall much about Ghost World other than that it was a near perfect depiction of two of my friends...
-
The little giggle gets me everytime (http://youtu.be/RsVjDxwZWzg)
-
The little giggle gets me everytime (http://youtu.be/RsVjDxwZWzg)
"im a lot faster than you think."
-
"im a lot faster than you think."
Not brighter, but faster.
-
There's a Heineken commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zo8O5pDXc) that uses the song too, which I enjoy because it reminds me of being in Indonesia. Actually, Heineken commercials (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOHGWM3hmw) are the only beer commercials I can stomach.
I don't recall the use of that song in Ghost World though. I don't recall much about Ghost World other than that it was a near perfect depiction of two of my friends...
It's during the opening credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4q9rcfvvE). I actually own a copy of the movie that clip is taken from, but I've never watched the whole thing.
-
Remember when Marv Albert used to go on Letterman with his little sports clips (http://www.metafilter.com/115942/Borts-Sploopers-by-Arv-Malbert)? (Via MetaFilter.)
-
Remember when Marv Albert used to go on Letterman with his little sports clips (http://www.metafilter.com/115942/Borts-Sploopers-by-Arv-Malbert)? (Via MetaFilter.)
YES!
-
I would have rather put a nice little package together but that was right there.
-
Does it still work if I run around yelling this or is it fucked up? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M)
a little from column A and a little from column B.
-
Does it still work if I run around yelling this or is it fucked up? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M)
I still really enjoy that movie, but I feel more and more guilty about it.
-
I still really enjoy that movie, but I feel more and more guilty about it.
Why? Don't you like making fun of racism?
-
Why? Don't you like making fun of racism?
I more comfortable these days making fun of it without being so over-the-top in having characters that indulge in casual (and not-so-casual) racism themselves.
Plus the bean scene is some weak-ass shit.
-
Ok, I'm a little heavy with my posting hand today, but I should have already known about this a capella version of Bohemian Rhapsody (http://youtu.be/QIaVPHRU1kE) that I found when I went from Rolf Harris to P!nk in the other thread.
1) Yes, I know, and I agree because I'm a huge Freddie Mercury fan, but still.
2) Whatever you are expecting, I will promise you it is better than you think.
Three covers of BR posted in like an hour. I'm unwell.
-
the dog doesnt understand that if you do the same thing every time, the outcome remains the same (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFzAW2b6fE)
-
That dog strikes me as somewhat smart. It's not like he's blasting away at the door. He just wants the rake inside. He's probably thinking "why is my owner too stupid to bring this rake inside for me?"
-
the dog doesnt understand that if you do the same things every time, the outcome remains the same.
His owner should rename him Francis Bacon.
My dog has, for reasons of her own, decided that trotting over to her crate and slamming the door with her paw will cause dinner to appear. Naturally, at this point it does, because it reminds me that it is in fact time for her dinner. How she came across this behavior is a mystery. I assume coincidence at some point where I was about to make her dinner and she ...slammed the door to her crate? Maybe I can get a video of her doing it to keep things on topic.
-
rake dog was done with his chores, just trying to get everything put away. give him a hand, owner. jeez.
jaydub maybe your dog trained you
-
8-bit Radiohead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxLnu4PhQNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFUIeDjo2dA
One of the comments on Kid A:
Really cool, man! Nice work!
Only one thing.. the time signiture for Morning Bell ir 5/4 not 9/8.
I don't know why this made me laugh. But it did. Also some of the really negative reactions are funny.
-
Just some Brazilian music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74Qo9PyKQ8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74Qo9PyKQ8)
-
Ah hell, I am feeling nostalgic for Brooklyn, here are some videos by rad people I know down there.
Metal Molly: http://youtu.be/frKke8x4eL0 (http://youtu.be/frKke8x4eL0)
Brook Pridemore: http://youtu.be/yqOh4NhtuZA (http://youtu.be/yqOh4NhtuZA)
Joe Crow Ryan: http://youtu.be/_0h9N5JL7Gk (http://youtu.be/_0h9N5JL7Gk)
Matthew Silver: http://youtu.be/6I5TM70re5k (http://youtu.be/6I5TM70re5k)
But to be less maudlin, here are rad Utica people too:
Katie G: http://youtu.be/-Kt4hA6r1C4 (http://youtu.be/-Kt4hA6r1C4)
The Mustard Band: http://youtu.be/VQTKvIHUx4Y (http://youtu.be/VQTKvIHUx4Y)
-
more brazilian music:
vem menina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slf8DM9wt8E)-curumin
-
I can't watch the rest of the videos in this thread because Nabu has sent me off on a Queen jag.
-
cane toads/ford australia commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jyd-p-DiA)
-
That was enjoyable.
I'd rather eat Randy (http://youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs)
-
I'd rather eat Randy (http://youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs)
[[speechless]]
-
I...
-
greatest frisbee scene in a movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxgxa1GJlnI)
according to one of the commentators, its from a movie called "Hard Ticket to Hawaii".
-
my friend who has a collections of 100s of VHS tapes has that one, and frequently shows it at parties. I have not actually seen it. he says the rest is almost as good as that part.
-
I am posting that video in the comments of everyone that makes reference to Zombies on Facebook.
-
Hey Cool-een! You've got a great ass...
So do you, pilgrim!
THIS IS FOR THE MOLOKAI COPS
-
"Hard Ticket to Hawaii" is definitely climbing up the "movies appreciated ironically by assholes like me" chart.
It ain't in no ROOM/TROLL 2 territory yet but it is shooting for the stars.
I still say that BIGFOOT 1970 is criminally overlooked as a film for this category but I ain't got the swing to build the buzz on that shit yet.
YET.
-
That was enjoyable.
I'd rather eat Randy (http://youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs)
Damn, that tune is catchy. I didn't comment when you originally posted it, but it gave me a good laugh. Who is Randy? Why is he so happy to be eaten?
-
shin-kicking competition in england. W-T-F?! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN21wCbxjWk)
-
They must be all out of gum.
-
I think this makes me love Mr. Rogers even more. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OFzXaFbxDcM)
-
I think this makes me love Mr. Rogers even more. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OFzXaFbxDcM)
I don't know if it's just the mood I'm in right now, but that was very beautiful.
-
I don't know if it's just the mood I'm in right now, but that was very beautiful.
I know. I get misty eyed watching it each time. He really had a deep belief in the worth of his young viewers and our capacity to be great. The clips chosen also highlight how nurturing he was. I've never seen anyone else look into a camera and directly connect in such a compassionate manner with the viewer. If he were alive today, I have no doubt he would have loved this remix.
-
I think this makes me love Mr. Rogers even more. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OFzXaFbxDcM)
/weeps
-
adventure waiting just ahead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3ol).
I've heard that theme song thousands of times, but only now for the first time did I notice the strong southern accent of the singer. So I looked it up and what'dya know it was recorded by Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Davis_%28country_musician%29). Reading the article though, it appears he's from Massachusetts and didn't move to Nashville until he was pushing 40, so the southern accent is almost certainly feigned.
-
Again with Mister Rogers: probably the best acceptance speech ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=IbBwDi9RIgM)
-
Ahm. Uhm. Cats. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJMSr483I2s)
-
That there is quality laughs
-
incest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtgINeaJWg)
SFW, but your mind might get blown.
-
My wife and I might share a grandmother about 5 to 7 generations back. The names are the same, but biographic details from her side of the family are sketchy (displaced Okies from the Dust Bowl years).
-
good lord, I hate this guy's presentation style.
-
I think this is beautiful. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scctp8-xYX4) NSFW, 8 1/2 min long and possibly too pretentious for anyone who doesn't like contemporary dance, so your mileage may vary.
-
When did YouTube start allowing titties?
-
it only took me 20 seconds to realize that it isnt for me.
also: i guess thats the video that everyone is freaking out about because of "shia's lebeef"....... hm.
-
Yeah, that's what initially brought me to the clip. Wanting to see a dude's wang. I've never liked that guy until now. It's a smart career move to balance off Transformers with something this arty. It gets people thinking about him in a different way any way. As for your question Paul, there is a whole area of YouTube that does this direction.
And now for a change of pace:
This reconfirms my life-long crush on Gary Oldman. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaWo-BlBjs)
-
Yeah, that's what initially brought me to the clip. Wanting to see a dude's wang.
Wait, there's a dude's c*ck in there too? Dang YouTube, what's happened?
-
It must be more than 20 seconds in. I think that music is part of the Saddest Thing soundtrack.
-
It must be more than 20 seconds in. I think that music is part of the Saddest Thing soundtrack.
What is the saddest thing? Punching a framed butterfly, and then using the glass to cut your lady- friend's back with Sigur Ros as the soundtrack.
-
An adorable girl with a ukelele (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TGX5iTx6I&feature=plcp).
-
An adorable girl with a ukelele (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TGX5iTx6I&feature=plcp).
also, i actually like her singing voice.
-
the frogs bollocks (http://vimeo.com/43674379)
-
the frogs bollocks (http://vimeo.com/43674379)
What did I just watch?
-
the frogs bollocks (http://vimeo.com/43674379)
That was certainly fucked up. The rabbit in the hole though reminded me of this (http://pbfcomics.com/36/).
-
That was certainly fucked up. The rabbit in the hole though reminded me of this (http://pbfcomics.com/36/).
Holy shit! There are two new ones since I last checked!
-
Holy shit! There are two new ones since I last checked!
Holy shit you're right. Funny one's too.
-
Elephantiasis. It ain't just for humans anymore.
-
This one triggers the tear-y eyes for me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_v7QrIW0zY) Probably the theatre geek in me.
-
hijo de puta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcT4Qt8aI0)
-
oh man, is that ever messed up...
-
super moonwalk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGXZOrEV7_c)
-
A splendid animal: http://vimeo.com/45784191 (http://vimeo.com/45784191)
-
A splendid animal: http://vimeo.com/45784191 (http://vimeo.com/45784191)
[[fans self]]
-
She's so happy!
-
a mashup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ure6I6mRyDc) that beats the hell out of both source songs
-
a mashup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ure6I6mRyDc) that beats the hell out of both source songs
I like them, but I can't decide if it's because they're really talented and funny, or if she's just really cute.
-
I like them, but I can't decide if it's because they're really talented and funny, or if she's just really cute.
(http://t.qkme.me/35x3zp.jpg)
-
puppy(more like a small hoss....) sits on a kids head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ud3dxg6uw)
someone send him a card that reads, "It must have felt sick to get teabagged by a dog!"
-
japanese kitty bank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tbCzeoE4c)
living, breathing japanese kitty bank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hW39r8zJlg)
-
oh man, is that ever messed up...
Holy heck, what the fuck happened?
-
Love that Rodney Dangerfield.
-
wildebeest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJXvsCLu6s)
-
Acknowledge the superiority of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA
-
Acknowledge the superiority of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA
acknowledged
-
Anyone else remember this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BVSvjOY4g4) I remember reading that REM has come to hate the original, and always wondered if they did this to sort of let it go.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7UXL_lJ0BA&feature=player_embedded
66 year old dude smokes marijuana for the first time. Discovers a statue of another old man talking to no one.
-
If David Lynch were Japanese... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFbWC8uGgg&feature=player_embedded)
-
If David Lynch were Japanese... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFbWC8uGgg&feature=player_embedded)
Good Lord!
-
wut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1AGd95uU5E)
-
If David Lynch were Japanese... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFbWC8uGgg&feature=player_embedded)
I...I think I'm damaged now.
-
I...I think I'm damaged now.
I think it's the series of irrational responses:
1) nightmarish parasite? I'll get the school nurse.
2) creepy succubus? I'll shame him.
3) that doesn't seem to work? I'll squeeze it's belly and pull out a stamp device, then shame it some more.
4) Did that work? Yup, problem solved.
This is from a film called Funky Forrest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTqmi7tatI&feature=related). Yup, the whole damn thing is on YouTube, and don't worry, all of it as indecipherable, fascinating and disturbing as that first clip, or at least the parts of it I've been able to watch.
-
I'm a sucker for weird, fucked up music videos, so I obviously love the video for Frank Ocean's single 'Pyramids' (http://oddfuturetalk.com/2012/09/pyramids-frank-ocean-official-music-video/). It is most definitely NSFW.
Edit: This is Vimeo, not YouTube. Oops. Also, a direct link to the video: http://vimeo.com/49497576
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7UXL_lJ0BA&feature=player_embedded
66 year old dude smokes marijuana for the first time. Discovers a statue of another old man talking to no one.
Holy shit that is awesome. "In your imagination you could make something of that big stump there. Think of what it could be. Could be a lion laying on his back. Could be anything you want." I'm pretty sure this is what Mr. Rogers would be like high.
"I have seen paintings like that." I would love to smoke weed with this guy.
-
I like that guy, but the video only focused on "an old square gets stoned" and didn't really address the real issue of why he was following this course of action. Did the marijuana actually help him with his health problems?
-
I've seen this show- no it didn't, or at least not enough for him to further pursue it.
-
For all you lovers of the ancient and glorious culture of Japan (http://youtu.be/yzC4hFK5P3g).
-
Sinatra would have kicked his ass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kPfelTEds&feature=player_embedded#!) and had him buried in a hole in the desert.
He might have gotten away with it if his drumming was impeccable, but he was missing a lot of notes.
-
Wait, has everyone seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLy4j8EZIk&feature=player_embedded
I can't remember if it's been posted somewhere, but it might be the best 5 minutes of your week.
-
I'd never heard of Takis before.
Side note: we had Zesty Steak flavoured Cheetos while in Japan. They were okay.
-
miles, all of my friends love you for that video. Except, they don't know who you are, so they just love me.
-
have i told you all about my favorite side dish creation? i call them flamin' hot carrots, basically they're sriracha- and honey-glazed baby carrots. you sautee them till they're soft through, and then bake them a little to dry them out. nearly perfectly fake, even almost healthy, flamin' hot cheetos.
-
Those sound excellent!
-
miles, all of my friends love you for that video. Except, they don't know who you are, so they just love me.
Why this hasn't blown up bigger than Gangnam Style is so far beyond me that I can't even come up with something clever to end this sentence. I can't get enough of it. Those kids are so fuck*ng awesome.
-
This was inevitable (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/8120487716/in/photostream/lightbox/).
-
Yo, I'm hungry where them cheetos at. That's an awesome photo.
OHMYGOD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v2yNcAZt3E8)
-
This is just odd. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tAeKi4Mm0x8#t=18s)
-
Can women vote? If not, I'm going to have a problem with that. (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/undecided-voter/1418227/)
In all fairness, though, I got a taste of being an undecided voter in the last local election. Two guys on a stage saying things that sound nice, and feeling like I didn't have the knowledge to evaluate their claims. Luckily I have friends who talked me through the issues. Every person I voted for lost, I think.
-
Dancin' in the Club (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU5drH1Yfn8&feature=plcp)
-
Urban Downhill Bike Race in Mexico.
This is the Life (http://youtu.be/gWelo79POIs)
-
Hey everybody, get your fuck ribbons ready. It's fuck awareness week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1A0sl6ifvI8). Be fuck aware.
-
The Lost Sheep (http://youtu.be/kqVKvRTmbj0)
-
brokeded
-
Evey time I see this commercial, I think of Ash. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VVvXCf35tI) Not sure if it airs outside Canada.
Side note: hubby doesn't recall his first chest hair. As far as he can remember, he's always had hairs and no interest in Whiskey.
edit: fixed link, laughed at commercial, thought about buying whiskey on way home.
-
I'm sick of these so-called "artists" ridiculing our lord JC. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9lt_TvR1k)
-
...or if my hands are tied up, I give 'em one of these. (http://blogs.sacbee.com/video-break/2012/12/cop-waves-wiggles-whirls-through-traffic.html)
-
BooYah!
-
When I saw this (http://youtu.be/3RBSkq-_St8) it made me think of these guys. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06082004)
-
Bad ass!!!
-
***** Lemmy!
-
Has anybody posted the video of two Dutch guys enduring simulated childbirth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A44oEcmDn1c (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A44oEcmDn1c)
-
Yep, no fun. And Dutch has to be one of the least attractive languages ever.
-
I like how the guy in the touque is super arrogant going in, but then he can't take it and gives up.
-
Pendleton Ward is high as fuck. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Lc18r4xKI&feature=youtu.be)
-
Yep, no fun. And Dutch has to be one of the least attractive languages ever.
WHAT.
It's almost like we're completely different people, you and I.
-
Maybe if an attractive Dutch female TV personality had her shirt off for the video, I'd think differently.
-
Rappin' for Jesus (http://youtu.be/Kppx4bzfAaE)
-
Holy wow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iUz4OLQi_uw#t=43s)
-
Poodle Exercise (http://youtu.be/vdX_OBUeHb4)
-
Don't fill up the fuck*ng house with rabbits! (http://youtu.be/YTcR6ojFDwQ)
-
Pudding Surprise! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTiZD7gzIlw)
-
Pendleton Ward is high as fuck. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Lc18r4xKI&feature=youtu.be)
Ya don't say? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d1xi8p3ziXc#t=441s)
-
Season 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8WMvxzRis) of Venture Bros. starts in two months. I'm pretty excited about it.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2dvv-Yib1Xg
The destruction of the Death Star was an inside job. Convincing video exposes the truth.
-
The destruction of the Death Star was an inside job. Convincing video exposes the truth.
Actually, that was pretty compelling. Wake up People!!!
-
Kenny Omega, world's greatest professional wrestler, in matches against a nine year old girl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdYZvCNn-M) and Yoshihiko, the inflatable wrestler. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTzQLkfhAXw)
-
Kenny Omega inflicts Real Soviet Damage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yinzMjjdzBg).
-
My roommates can't stop watching this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCr-l9naPmE&list=FLQ1lMSuFBlDO8JNmHuEUB2A) (also I can't.)
And everything about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dTFajHVyHo&list=FLQ1lMSuFBlDO8JNmHuEUB2A) is utterly surreal. It's like David Lynch's idea of what the early 60s were. The weird colors, the blank expressions on everyones' faces, the creepy lead guy and his creepy steel-guitar voice machine... it's just too perfect.
-
That King of the Hill remix was funny. Although, not as funny as King of the Hill.
Pete Drake and his talking guitar blew me away.
-
Pete Drake and his talking guitar blew me away.
im with you on that one. you get a can for sharing, D.
-
The Tambourine Master (http://youtu.be/_LxS3ScFwrc)
-
baaaaaa (http://youtu.be/WQO-aOdJLiw)
-
Winny Puhh (http://dangerousminds.net/comments/swallow_your_coffee_before_clicking_the_link)
-
Winny Puhh (http://dangerousminds.net/comments/swallow_your_coffee_before_clicking_the_link)
The Hundred Acre Wood has changed.
-
Winny Puhh (http://dangerousminds.net/comments/swallow_your_coffee_before_clicking_the_link)
jesus skullfuck*ng christ it's like gwar, rammstein, primus and die antwoord had a baby
-
jesus skullfuck*ng christ it's like gwar, rammstein, primus and die antwoord had a baby
And a dash of Andrew W.K.
-
This guy has my dream commute. And fez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHM1do5Vqw)
-
This guy has my dream commute. And fez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHM1do5Vqw)
Frikkin' awesome. That rocked.
-
I was sniveling like a mope when I saw that one on Sportscenter.
-
Don't fill the house with fuck*ng rabbits (http://www.youtube.com/user/TJandFriends?feature=watch)
TJ is a young man of about 18 years old I would guess. About a decade ago he made these video tapes of his parents ranting and raving at each other. His father who is an alcoholic, mullet wearing, 1 snagely tooth having, on disability, and his mother who is a rabbit hoarder.
It's fuck*ng hilarious. So much impotent rage.
-
Paul, I swear you or someone else already posted that here. Because I saw it here, and then I showed it to my husband and we were happy about how our marriage is working out.
I feel so conflicted about this (NSFW) (http://www.vevo.com/watch/robin-thicke/blurred-lines-unrated-version/USUV71300526). The feminist in me hates it for its objectification, the sexual beast in me likes looking at that one yummy lady. This version has been banned from YouTube by the way.
-
Don't fill up the fuck*ng house with rabbits! (http://youtu.be/YTcR6ojFDwQ)
Ah, yes. It was here. And it was you.
-
Ah, yes. It was here. And it was you.
Ah yes, I knew I heard about it somewhere. :)
-
The feminist in me hates it for its objectification
I recently had the revelation that when people say this, they are not only saying "treating a woman like a physical object" as in, like a lump of meat, but also treating women like they can only be an "object" of action, as in the direct object in grammar.
Lately I am pretty fixated on how so much (nearly all?) portrayals of female sexuality revolve around presenting oneself as sexually available. "hey, you know, I'd be open to getting nailed." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis_behavior)
-
My roommates' band made a music video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiZbI0XBW4&feature=youtu.be) Or, specifically, my one roommate's boss made it. It is not my favorite song of theirs, but it is a cool one. They are breaking up in a month when one of the guitar players moves to San Fran. Sad.
-
Teddy Has An Operation. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_368450&feature=iv&src_vid=UFIxeWyY4HE&v=AdYaTa_lOf4)
-
My roommates' band made a music video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiZbI0XBW4&feature=youtu.be) Or, specifically, my one roommate's boss made it. It is not my favorite song of theirs, but it is a cool one. They are breaking up in a month when one of the guitar players moves to San Fran. Sad.
That was totally rad, I loved it.
-
Teddy Has An Operation. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_368450&feature=iv&src_vid=UFIxeWyY4HE&v=AdYaTa_lOf4)
I'm so happy for teddy. That doctor took very good care of him.
-
I'm so happy for teddy. That doctor took very good care of him.
Yes, I'm glad he fixed his heart's heart.
-
It gets kind of preachy but it's worth the hahas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpYnxlEh0c
-
One of my coworkers posted this, and we laughed about the part where he says no graduate of an elite college could imagine the tedium of working at a grocery store.
My friend who is graduating with a BA in art history this month told me she decided she doesn't want some kind of exciting job, she just wants to do something "normal" 9-5 that pays the bills. You know, one of those office jobs. I did not know what to say other than that that does not exist, and that if it did it would not be hiring art history majors.
-
One of my coworkers posted this, and we laughed about the part where he says no graduate of an elite college could imagine the tedium of working at a grocery store.
My friend who is graduating with a BA in art history this month told me she decided she doesn't want some kind of exciting job, she just wants to do something "normal" 9-5 that pays the bills. You know, one of those office jobs. I did not know what to say other than that that does not exist, and that if it did it would not be hiring art history majors.
The happiest most self realized content adult I know spent 2 years in trade school and got a job fixing antique cars. He has no debt, he owns a home, he has a wife, and he goes to work with a smile every morning. That's the kind of dream we should be selling to our youngins. Not this other liberal arts bull shit.
-
This made me think of Asherdan, who has probably already seen it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDP8BRSEjrA&feature=youtu.be)
I'll confess that the first couple of minutes disturbed me.
-
It was only a short leap of imagination for the chalk sticks to become fingers; and that was a disturbing thought.
-
That one bullet was way too close to the dude's ear.
-
My roommates' band broke up because one of the guys is moving away. They had their last show while I was out of town and I am bummed. One of my friends made a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gGUyg1xictY) so I guess they somehow recorded it. The video is definitely not in sync with the audio (to the point that it looks like the wrong guy is singing the song??) but it is still nice to see.
-
Yeahh. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77sjud0zLJY)
-
So bummed I missed this. (http://vimeo.com/67063534#t=503)
-
So bummed I missed this. (http://vimeo.com/67063534#t=503)
Tell me again why they are breaking up, because one member is leaving? Such integrity.
-
One member is leaving, two of them are sick of playing garage rock. the fourth one is sad. Even before the one guy was going to move, at least one other member had said he wanted to quit because he is so bored of the band.
I think there are also a lot of interpersonal tensions.
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TGfNSitVQFM
YESSSS
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TGfNSitVQFM
YESSSS
Whoa!
Uncanny Valley + Cringe-tastic = Dancin' Queen Style
-
hold me im scared
-
They went to so much effort for that. Must have taken quite a while to build that costume and choreograph the steps and edit the soundtrack even inserting a woman's voice where appropriate. Then they film the thing in the rehearsal space with the mats and fans and an American Flag waving. You'd think they would have found a stage to perform on. What's even more confusing is they realize they are in a crappy venue because in some shots there are a couple of shitty pictures hung on the wall and in others they have been removed and you can see them lying against the wall in some shots.
-
I was thinking that costume was extremely well constructed. You have to imagine how much trial and error and breakage went into building that fucker.
-
whoever built that costume is a total tobias guys come on
-
whoever built that costume is a total tobias guys come on
While I was watching the video I was wondering if that Queen was a man or woman.
-
I need this guy in my Krewe.
Thunderstruck on Flame Throwing Bagpipes (http://youtu.be/K-Op1Mng4oY)
-
It would take a recruiting trip to Australia.
-
Jack Palance singing on The Porter Waggoner Show. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3DQIKMAR0U)
-
Pretty good, even without any one-armed pushups.
-
Two sides of the coin that is Inev's appreciation for music videos: Beez in the Trap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I) and USA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X4fYP9bqqw)
I have no idea what Beez in the Trap means, but I am really into the way she says her lines, the rhythm and the rise and fall of the words. Also, booty.
-
beez in the trap is a really good video with some terrible audio. i know people hate nicki minaj, but i'm not one of them, i just don't like the way that one was produced. the other one is 22 minutes long so i'm not going to watch it until i get some quiet time at work.
-
The second one is very long, lets be honest, no one wants to watch that. The part that I am the most into is this weird city warp part. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9X4fYP9bqqw&t=283)
-
Beez in the Trap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I)
I love that song. Never seen the video before. Wow, that was pretty asstastic. Dayum!
-
beez in the trap: the remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2K31h66Tk)
-
pu$$yl Knitting (http://youtu.be/q6RZZf6HMzo)
All I have to say is GOOD LORD!
-
posted this in exactly the wrong thread earlier.
Still, it bears repeating: Banjo Gyro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xynvrod0P6k) is perfection. It is the barometer I use to judge people
-
More interesting than watching actual Olympic fencing, that's for sure.
It wouldn't have gone on nearly as long had the champions been wearing balloons on their kidneys and upper back - targets that one would surely go for in a mass combat like that.
-
Behold the power of cute! (http://youtu.be/Z4USz8bhILM)
-
Nothing tops a laughing baby.
-
My new Hero (http://youtu.be/qm61svN4U5g)
-
So far my biggest regret in life is not doing enough stupid fun bullshit when I was a teenager. I'm working on doing some now, though.
-
My new Hero (http://youtu.be/qm61svN4U5g)
Ah, uh...sorry? (not sorry)
-
Oh hi guys! This is an entire soccer stadium telling our President, Dilma Rousseff, to go fuck herself up the ass ("Ei, Dilma, vai tomar no cu!"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-P8leyOQkc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-P8leyOQkc)
My feelings right now about the World Cup in Brazil: Totally worth it.
(of course I had to goof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBRTQkIgKE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBRTQkIgKE))
-
Ha ha...
-
I don't understand some people's desire to shit on American soccer fandom. I don't much care for televised golf, NASCAR, or UFC, but I don't feel the need to tell people they're idiots or hipsters for liking those things. Whatever mows your lawn, yo.
-
I don't care if American's love soccer. I do take some offense to the inference that is commonly floated that American Sports are somehow inferior. Ho hum. Like what happened to me on Sunday. I was with a German lady who was nuts about World Cup, though not the German team, interestingly. I said I wasn't a fan of soccer. She said something to the effect of 'they have to stop ever 2 minutes' (referring to football). I don't know, I was eating a cheeseburger at the time.
-
Love to play it, can't bear to watch it.
-
I do take some offense to the inference that is commonly floated that American Sports are somehow inferior.
I hear you there. American football has frequent stops? At least the players don't PRETEND to get knocked down and get hurt with regularity.
Same thing--if you think soccer is better than "traditional" American sports, you're entitled to that opinion, but I don't know why you need to shove it in other people's faces.
Love to play it, can't bear to watch it.
MO, YMMV: going to the game in person makes a big difference. I went to DC United games with regularity for several years (before the Nats came to town), and went to a few World Cup qualifiers and even two Olympic first-round games in 1998. The overall atmosphere is worth the price of admission.
-
MO, YMMV: going to the game in person makes a big difference. I went to DC United games with regularity for several years (before the Nats came to town), and went to a few World Cup qualifiers and even two Olympic first-round games in 1998. The overall atmosphere is worth the price of admission.
Well sure. I don't need to be into soccer to get into the spirit of being at an event.
-
This guy knows how to play the damn drums. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWdp1sOxvA&index=3&list=FLQ1lMSuFBlDO8JNmHuEUB2A)
-
This guy knows how to play the damn drums. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWdp1sOxvA&index=3&list=FLQ1lMSuFBlDO8JNmHuEUB2A)
YEAH! I like that.
-
This ***** guitar solo! The hair! Ahhhhhhh (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/st-vincent-birth-in-reverse/2783139)
This video has the thing going on that I associate with seeing bands play in NYC. What's the deal with only wearing black and having only blue lights? Why are they so into everything being kind of dead?
OK, I gotta admit, my roommates played their first show in that kind of venue this week, and it made them look cool as hell.
-
This video has the thing going on that I associate with seeing bands play in NYC. What's the deal with only wearing black and having only blue lights? Why are they so into everything being kind of dead?
You can thank Interpol for that.
-
Almost every memory I have of being in NYC, thanks to going to CMJ, is seeing cold blue electronic bands, and being cold, and not being old enough to drink beer.
Also the time I accidentally rode the subway from south Brooklyn all the way to the upper-something-side with my ex, at 2 AM on New Year's Eve, and then had to ride back alone. That was a good one, though, we smooched on the train.
-
Did you ever get an earworm and it actually makes you happy? this is what this is doing to me. The polar bears are nice too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWm3om-gSw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWm3om-gSw)
and this one too, with a nice koi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMdjJ3w9iM
-
This ***** guitar solo! The hair! Ahhhhhhh (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/st-vincent-birth-in-reverse/2783139)
I liked that, but there was something about it seemed like they were wanting to cut loose, but kept holding back for some reason.
-
Did you ever get an earworm and it actually makes you happy? this is what this is doing to me. The polar bears are nice too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWm3om-gSw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWm3om-gSw)
and this one too, with a nice koi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMdjJ3w9iM
Those were both a lot of fun. That bear was playing the guitar lefty.
-
Those were both a lot of fun.
Inev will hate them!
-
The ladies kind of creeped me out and I didn't like how they sang. Normally I love cutesy stuff, too. But that was too much.
-
This guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UenZVNPlLI#t=85) is my friend and every time I hear this song I feel like crying.
-
This guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UenZVNPlLI#t=85) is my friend and every time I hear this song I feel like crying.
Sad to leave St. Louis.
-
well, that, and also he wrote this song when he had just come back to St Louis after moving to Wyoming with his girlfriend. Things went pretty badly and I think that song is autobiographical. These days things are going much better for him, I think.
-
Girl Gets Catgiraffe Stuck in her Leg (http://youtu.be/M16iNEH-3kc)
This is my new most favorite thing ever. So many pretty people and not a brain amongst them. At first I was all 'oh don't do that catgiraffe have sharp barbs on them...too late. Then I feel bad for the girl for a minute because I know this is really serious. But my sympathy quickly fades because she's pretty insufferable. It's YouTube gold.
-
fuck yeah salmon cannon
http://www.salon.com/2014/11/10/john_oliver_shares_his_love_for_the_salmon_cannon_with_jon_stewart_jimmy_fallon_stephen_colbert_and_more/
-
Trying to remember why I think this is a pretty language. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgCnLY-RrQ)
I am proud, though, that thanks to that article on Dutch cussing I know what this says. "The people that think we are retards, are themselves a bunch of retards."
(watch at least until the guy yells a phrase in english, you owe that to yourself.)
(or just skip to here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgCnLY-RrQ#t=47))
-
That was extremely ridiculous.
-
Hot dang, it's been some time!
Also this video contains a series of sublime interactions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BAD6MbGRk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BAD6MbGRk)
-
I just assumed you were recovering from a particularly debauched Carnaval. How's the translating business?